funks

Dipshits 5 week long vacation

this asshole is off smoking cigars and drinking cognac on his front porch>:(

That's an improvement over what he's normally doing. Don't bitch too loudly or he might hear you and get back to doing what he does best.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

>so, based on that, we were all idiots for celebrating christmas
>and thinking that we got presents from santa.

So we should continue to believe Santa (or, in this case, Bush) because his illusions once made us happy? I sure hope you haven't summed up most right wing thinking on the topic, or this country is in serious trouble!

What has he done to deserve a 1 week vacation let alone 5 weeks?

Wow... you obviously don't know, and can't know that being the president of the USA, is probably the most difficult underpaid job in the entire world.

Go take a look at pictures of any president when elected to office, and then look at pictures of them after their first term.
Clinton and Bush Jr. are excellent examples of this. See if they aged more than 4yrs during that time.

You and I couldn't imagine the decisions the President needs to make on a daily basis.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

hmmmm...what was my initial point on this topic....something to do with information available at the time of decision making or something.

and yes, i'm the spokesperson for the whole right wing movement on the planet. please send correspondence to www.oakaleydokaley.com.org.

and yes, this country is in serious trouble but you and i don't agree on the cause; that's all.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

What has he done to deserve a 1 week vacation let alone 5 weeks?

Wow... you obviously don't know, and can't know that being the president of the USA, is probably the most difficult underpaid job in the entire world.

Go take a look at pictures of any president when elected to office, and then look at pictures of them after their first term.
Clinton and Bush Jr. are excellent examples of this. See if they aged more than 4yrs during that time.

You and I couldn't imagine the decisions the President needs to make on a daily basis.

Whats your point? Cant handle the job dont fucking sign up for it. If you do sign up for it dont go running for the fucking hills when times get tough, or at least dont allow your PR guy to inform the world that you are taking a 5 WEEK VACATION.

The August getaway is Bush's 49th trip to his cherished ranch since taking office and the 319th day that Bush has spent, entirely or partially, in Crawford -- nearly 20 percent of his presidency to date

Until now, probably no modern president was a more famous vacationer than Ronald Reagan, who loved spending time at his ranch in Santa Barbara, Calif. According to an Associated Press count, Reagan spent all or part of 335 days in Santa Barbara over his eight-year presidency -- a total that Bush will surpass this month in Crawford with 3 1/2 years left in his second term.

By historical standards, it is the longest presidential retreat in at least 36 years.

Seems a bit much too me

Carpe Diem

it's been said before in this thread but, anyway, i don't care where the president gets the work done as long as he/she is getting it done; i think he's getting it done.
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

it's been said before in this thread but, anyway, i don't care where the president gets the work done as long as he/she is getting it done; i think he's getting it done.

Obviously some people do care where it's done just as much. I have an overseas telecon tonight. I guess if I call in from home and write the meeting report on my computer at home I must be smoking cigars, drinking cognac and disrespecting the troops. Wow it's a vacation and I didn't even know it.

Same people probably think it's important what you wear more than what you do in a job also.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Obviously some people do care where it's done just as much. I have an overseas telecon tonight. I guess if I call in from home and write the meeting report on my computer at home I must be smoking cigars, drinking cognac and disrespecting the troops. Wow it's a vacation and I didn't even know it.

Same people probably think it's important what you wear more than what you do in a job also.

I just get a huge laugh out of the steam coming out of the lefties ears over anything imaginable. You would think they believe the world of technology hasn't changed since Roosevelt. Computers don't exist, cell phones don't exist, no such thing as tele-conferencing etc. It jusy never ends. Now they are posting shit from Alex Jones. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

It's a matter of perception. OF COURSE he's working - the POTUS can't just drop off the face of communication and disappear, even if he wanted to.

It's WHERE he's doing it and how it LOOKS. It's the fact that it's even called a VACATION, "working" or not.

At a time when our troops would much rather be home or on vacation themselves, it simply does not say to them and the world that GW is "doing his job" when we all expect that job to be happening at the White House.

Just my li'l $0.01

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Im only a newbie and don't know anthing about USA,

but in UK the Prime minister gets 4 hours sleep a night on average due to work intense loads...

... 365 days a year all the time non stop - i would say 5 weeks vacation for a president of the USA is veyr justified given the amnount of work he has to do and how little sleep he gets.

That is only my humble opinion, feel free to disagree.

mike

It's a matter of perception. OF COURSE he's working - the POTUS can't just drop off the face of communication and disappear, even if he wanted to.

It's WHERE he's doing it and how it LOOKS. It's the fact that it's even called a VACATION, "working" or not.

At a time when our troops would much rather be home or on vacation themselves, it simply does not say to them and the world that GW is "doing his job" when we all expect that job to be happening at the White House.

Just my li'l $0.01

It is a matter of perception....the perception of those who look for any reason to whine about GWB. I'm betting the troops in Iraq aren't whining about this as much as the lefties in the U.S. are.

If they were to say he's telecommuting for 5 weeks it'd sound better all right.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Disclaimer: I DO NOT affiliate myself left, right, front, back, up or down.

You don't think there are some parents, family, friends of troops abroad who are looking to GW for a fearless, tireless, committed, concerned leader, and seeing a guy hanging out at his ranch?

That's a devil's advocate's question, but don't you think it's possible some "righties" could be whining about this too?

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Of all the things to complain about . . .

There are plenty of valid issues to discuss concerning GWB. How long his vacations are really isn't even in the top 100. Teddy Roosevelt took the entire summer off; called a building in Oyster Bay, NY the "summer white house." Note that this was before teleconferencing and high speed data.

The way "you" look, the way you are dressed etc.... that's first thing to see, based on that, you "evaluate" someone at first view. In biz and surely in politics, too. Just a side note.

Few minutes ago, I watched midnight news. Guess, who's smiling into the cameras? Georgie, dressed in a dark blue polo shirt, showing nice dark brown tan, a man giving his sunny vacances a short break just to state some words regarding Iran. The pure slackness.

His troops surely are working hard under same hot sun but, I doubt they show that beautiful, healthy looking dark tan, not to talk about hanging around in a polo shirt.
:|

But, as one or two posters here stated, the troops surely will fully understand their president. He needs to rest, if only for few 5 weeks. As an everage GI Joe, I surely would have few doubts about my president, enjoying his ranch life under the sun, while I have to swallow dust every day.

GWB shows a lack of instrinct.

I remember last year, on SC was same discussion about the president of vacancies.:P

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I'm betting the troops in Iraq aren't whining about this as much as the lefties in the U.S. are

Sad to say but the troops probably arent even aware of their fearless leaders vacation. They are too busy protecting our country, dying, sleeping in the desert, missing their loved ones, and getting maimed for life. All the while our ignorant fuck of a president is chilling out doing what he does best, showing the world how much of a jackass he really is.

How is it anybody can actually justify the amount of time this idiot has taken off while in office??

How is it anybody can actually justify the amount of time this idiot has taken off while in office??

Go take a look at Kerry's voting record and see how much he's been away from Congress....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706