jumper03

Speaking of the budget and deficits and such...

I was perusing a magazine the other day and came across a fact that kind made me cringe.

In the last budget that Bush submitted and that was passed - on the revenue side, the administration included $2.45 bn from sale of rights to drill in ANWR. Now, to drill in ANWR right now, some laws would have to be changed...

So do we chalk this up to arrogance - they are GOING to change the law?
or ignorance - just plain economic dummies?
Scars remind us that the past is real

I was perusing a magazine the other day and came across a fact that kind made me cringe.

In the last budget that Bush submitted and that was passed - on the revenue side, the administration included $2.45 bn from sale of rights to drill in ANWR. Now, to drill in ANWR right now, some laws would have to be changed...

Neither, it's Smoke and Mirrors, like the rest of this administrations fiscal policies..

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Do you recall which laws need to be changed? I can assure you if they are state laws, I just got back from 2 weeks in Alaska and it isn't going to be a problem.

Do you recall which laws need to be changed? I can assure you if they are state laws, I just got back from 2 weeks in Alaska and it isn't going to be a problem.

Well, since it's a national wilderness area, I'm assuming federal laws. but that's beside the point - they included it as a certain revenue when it's not certain. Was it to make the budget look better?

To say I'm thoroughly disgusted with this is an understatement but I'm quickly realizing it's been par for the course all along.

I love people that Bitch and moan about $3/gal gas,
and then Bitch and moan when something is being done about it because they don't agree politically with this administration....

You guys make my day!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

and then Bitch and moan when something is being done about it because they don't agree politically with this administration....

You guys make my day!!!!

where have I ever bitched and moaned about $3 gas? I voted for the guy back in '00. I don't agree with shoddy economics.

Well, based on your comments on the thread about Brazil moving away from Imported oil, it implied you didn't like the idea of expensive gas.

Well, based on your comments on the thread about Brazil moving away from Imported oil, it implied you didn't like the idea of expensive gas.

I don't like the idea of fossil fuel when there are better alternatives. And Brazil was moving towards ethanol, not just away from imported oil.

I don't like the idea of fossil fuel when there are better alternatives. And Brazil was moving towards ethanol, not just away from imported oil.

this is true, however, Brazil started moving toward ethanol 20+ yrs ago. Ethanol is a good idea, however, that is a long term plan currently in Bush's energy bill. Ethanol could not help much in the next 10 yrs. Anwar would be more of a mid range idea... As for short term ideas... there are none other than the Oil reserve (which I would oppose).

I don't like expensive gas (I live with it, though). But that doesn't mean that whatever the government decides to do about it is OK, either. They could decide to invade an oil-producing country with the intent of taking over their reserves -- would that be OK?

Not to me.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Bite me, rock boy :P
This is SC, and I'm typing from America :ph34r:

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

You guys make my day!!!!

Ya, and getting out of the MIddle East wouldn't do anything like it did the Gulf War.... no.

Truth is, OPEC's gas hikes are a direct result of us fucking with their land and their religion. We get out, prices drop.

Why don't we get out, quit spending 1 billion $ per week and watch gas prices drop?

You guys make my day!!!!

Ya, and getting out of the MIddle East wouldn't do anything like it did the Gulf War.... no.

Truth is, OPEC's gas hikes are a direct result of us fucking with their land and their religion. We get out, prices drop.

Why don't we get out, quit spending 1 billion $ per week and watch gas prices drop?

Ohhhhh... this must be the latest lefty carrot.

They could decide to invade an oil-producing country with the intent of taking over their reserves -- would that be OK?

Not to me.

In all honesty, if taking over the oil reserves were the goal (I don't think that's the current US goal in the middle east), I'd actually find it refreshing to just say "we want that oil to run our big, fat, polluting, American cars, and we're going to roll our tanks over there and take it." ;)
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

speaking of which, I don't think the US Gov is going to allow A chinese comany to buy unical.

Why do we have to fight the chinese though????
They have nearly no natural resources. I think you are saying the chinese will soon be invading to take other peoples resources.

You guys make my day!!!!

SO you agree then. It's not a carrot, as they're not enticing us; it's leverage to get us to quit leveraging them.

They already are. Huge dispute between China and Japan going on right now regarding gas drilling rights. China claims rights well past the mid-point of the sea they border with Japan (...to a point where that continental shelf drops off quickly, basically all the shallow stuff). China is already drilling in "Japanese" waters. Japan just today gave permission to one of their companies to start drilling in the same area.
We are all engines of karma

You guys make my day!!!!

SO you agree then. It's not a carrot, as they're not enticing us; it's leverage to get us to quit leveraging them.

Tell you what. Post any credible source that states oil prices will drop if we leave Iraq and I'll consider agreeing with you.