cvfd1399

Oil Storm on FX I dont get it?

Oil Storm

Why are they comming out with a movie like that. I really cannot describe how it makes me feel. All I can really say is there is a problem with high oil prices, why do they come out with a movie that shows the price of gas going as high as 4.50 a gallons and anarchy breaking out all over the world.

I have noticed that FX always comes out with movies of recent disasters like Hurricanes(I.E. storms), Earthquakes, and Incidents where large loss of life occured.

I agree that they have some good programming like The sheild, Rescue Me, and Nip Tuck, but their "Mini-movie" topics are disturbing I guess that makes money.

Prices in much of the rest of the world are at prices that aren't that far from $4.50 a gallon. Maybe the impact of being like the rest of the world is something worth considering. Particularly when thought about with the "I have a good life because I'm strong and DESERVE it" people in mind.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Naw, I just see their movies as alarmest. All of their topical movies tend to be that way, like the one they did about the biological/chemical terrorist attack on the US. Very alarmest.

They take the worst case scenerio and present it in a manner stating "this is what will happen"
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

True... it will make them money!!!
That is the bottom line!! (Pun intended)

However, I can not help but laugh everytime I see
the comercials for these made for tv alarist movies.

I mean seriously... These things are sub B level movies.
Who signs on to act in these things????
I saw Randy Quaid in that TV movie... night of the twister or what ever it was called....
I watched about a half hour of it and thought.. "You know your career is down the tubes when..."

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

there are an awful lot of US citizens who do not realize how vulnerable we are when it comes to energy. if terroist wanted to shut down the USA they wouldn't even waste their time bombing this and bombing that, they would simply take out our energy supplies and storage facilities. this is a big concern in the top brass in the white house right now. i watched oil storm, i thought it was prophetic more than anything. if all of those chain reaction events were to happen at once, the result would be what they potrayed. i still remember the gas line during the arab oil embargo, they are still fresh in my mind. don't think the events they potrayed can't happen here.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

I'd have to see this thing to make a completely accurate assesment, but at this point, one thing that comes to mind was the massive blackout in the NE a while ago. With that massive of a blackout, you would expect chaos, looting, disaster, etc. in NY city, Boston, etc. However, absolutely none of that happened. People remained calm. This occurance goes directly against what the producers of Oil Storm are saying. So, based on ACTUAL events, I would say people would remain much more calm and collected than what that movie portrays (or so I perceive it portrays from the previews). I think most Americans can work together when a big problem/disaster arises much better than what many people think. So, don't think that can't happen in the future.

Because they think it will make them money. Simple as that.

Is that any different to why any other movie has been made....ever? :S

I don't see any issue with it whatsoever???

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

> People remained calm. This occurance goes directly against what
>the producers of Oil Storm are saying.

You didn't read the synposis, did you?

>I think most Americans can work together when a big
>problem/disaster arises much better than what many people think.

From the synopsis - " . . . the true spirit of american sacrifice emerges. Aspects of a new agrarian philosoph take root, alternative sources of energy are put on a fast track and the basic decency of americans rises to the occasion as the country attempts to take care of itself in ways that hearken back to a more simple time."

Oil is going there...sooner or later it will be prohibitively expensive. Especially if our good buddies the Sa'ud keep giving shitloads of money to the Whabis, refuge to the Muslim brotherhood, and continue with the most corrupt Government...well, ever.
Faith in a holy cause is to a considerable extent a substitute for lost faith in ourselves.
-Eric Hoffer -
Check out these Videos

No I didn't read a synopsis. I was just making that statement based on what I saw in the previews (it showed people going insane, shit blowing up...basically American civilization collapsing). But if that's what the synopsis says, then these guys need to get their stuff straight. Plus, tv shows like this are all about the money, just as mentioned above. So, who cares, lets help make some producer rich!