rhino

To show the "Chairborn Rangers" what our troops are dealing with...

Are is that the great freedom of speech that the soldiers are fighting for? Would that be the American way in the 21st century? Shame on you!
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Hey Rhino, I've noticed that you are selectivly blind or did you agree with everything in Bill's post?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Hey Rhino, I've noticed that you are selectivly blind or did you agree with everything in Bill's post?

I think enough people made valid points about Bills posts. It wasn't necessary for me to do so. I see everything.. Segador...

You can dislike war, the President, and anything else, but you should respect and thank the soldiers serving our country. We need a military to defend this country and these men and women answered the call.

You hit the nail on the head there. You sign up and hope that the powers in charge are making the right decisions. Agree with them or not you do what it is your duty to do.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,155805,00.html

For those of you that try and justify the actions of the insurgents "SHAME ON YOU". For those of you that sit by every day and run your mouth about how you would do better or how our soldiers should have done better "SHAME ON YOU"...

Our soldiers and doing the best they can given the circumstances. Thank them if you see one. Write them if you can.

This is painful.. They need your support..

Rhino

Face it, your soldiers are crap. they have no idea how to occupy a country and even less of an idea how to fight a war. sod off, with the chest beating. it's boring.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,155805,00.html

For those of you that try and justify the actions of the insurgents "SHAME ON YOU". For those of you that sit by every day and run your mouth about how you would do better or how our soldiers should have done better "SHAME ON YOU"...

Our soldiers and doing the best they can given the circumstances. Thank them if you see one. Write them if you can.

This is painful.. They need your support..

Rhino

Face it, your soldiers are crap. they have no idea how to occupy a country and even less of an idea how to fight a war. sod off, with the chest beating. it's boring.

US soldiers are excellent. Their political masters are crap, that's for sure. Lies, botched planning, no exit strategy, mismanagement from beginning to no-end-in-sight.

The Brits are certainly better trained for this type of mission.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Hand to hand combat.. You and I any time you want to test your theory. What do you say?

Cool!B|
Grown men mud wrestling.
My new Avatar and I will pull a chair, grab a beer, and watch.:)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Hand to hand combat.. You and I any time you want to test your theory. What do you say?

Cool!B|
Grown men mud wrestling.
My new Avatar and I will pull a chair, grab a beer, and watch.:)

That new avatar is absolutely fukin outrageous. It's causing my astigmatism to pulsate. :D:D

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." - John Stuart Mill

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

Have Rig will travel ...

Why should people who don't want to support the troops support them? Because you're a marine who feels passionately and finds it distasteful that others don't? I'm sure the marines are big boys and can deal with some people not supporting them, they don't need constant adulation.

On another note, isn't the reason for this war (at least the most recent reason) about promoting an American vision of freedom? You obviously feel very strongly about this ideal or you wouldn't be a marine. I thought at least part of this was a love for a country that allows all kinds of opinions. Hell, you're over in Iraq dying for this cause...seems you should be encouraging your fellow country-men to take advantage of the freedom they have and smile as they slag off whatever they want.

The Rise and Fall of Everything.com . . .

In the late 1989 there is a nationwide BBS called GEnie where the first public jumping discussion boards are set up. I was the Sysop (a Mod today) of the BASE section and we rejoiced in our ability to communicate and instantly began sharing information, having fun, and building relationships that last to this day.

The interface was command line driven and most struggled at first but we learned from each other and slowly the community grew from just a handful to where almost all areas of the country are represented. For the very first time a line-over off a Florida tower is instant news in California.

Safety was the biggest benefit. Many a post began with the title, "Hey, Don’t Do This," as BASE jumpers are experimenting and more often finding the wrong ways first. There was even a young fellow named Tom Aiello lurking around those boards.

This community of brothers (I don’t recall any woman BASE jumpers online at that time) hummed along very nicely until America Online rolled out their graphical interface in about 1993. A new point and click generation came online and things changed.

Okay, sure times change, but the vitriolic words being spewed here have nothing to do with changing times. It has only to do with small minds trying to decide who the real men are when real men keep those things mostly to themselves.

GEnie, like all places on the internet, ran its course and died. And it all started with a small flame war no one noticed until it was too late. Unless you guys get a grip on yourselves it is going to happen here too. One day, and one by one the Moderators will have had enough and start to leave and that will be the beginning of the end.

I know we'll never get back to those earlier times, and I realize we speak and think in a language that spans more than one generation, but like Janis used to sing we could all, "Try a little bit harder . . ."

NickD :)BASE 194

irregardless is not a word.

Thank you.

:D

That ranks right up there with "thusly." Lord how I hate that (non)word.

So:

irregardless
thusly
funner
dysfunctional

what else

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

dysfunctional

that word shows up in Merriam-Webster.........

yup, dysfunctional is a word with an actual definiton.

Now, if we are talking words that are real that I don't like, I would have to say one of my biggest is ironical. Just say ironic fer chrissake.

:D:D
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.