rhino

Good news! Marine cleared in shooting probe!

Further, let's be absolutely certain that you understand that military service makes you not even the slightest better of somone who chooses not to serve.

Maybe not better.. But his opinion weighs a hell of a lot more than yours does... A soldier having worn the uniform vs an arm chair quarterback civilian?? The civilians opinion is completely without substance in comparison to the soldier.

That's a fact.. It's not an opinion..

Pretty hard to shoot when you're unarmed.

No it isn't... What do the insurgents do? When the Marines walk away they pull out a hidden weapon and shoot. That's why the man in the Mosque now has a bullet where his brain use to be..

Action justified...

Darius, I respect your opinion,even though I agree with very little of it..........as an Iranian-American you obviously choose to live and work here for some reason(s)?***

I love this country and it's people and would die to protect it. I consider here home.
That doesn't mean I have to agree with the war or are tactics. That’s what makes this country great.
If I were in Iran I would have been shot or imprisoned about 2000 posts ago.

I love this country that’s why I am passionate about expressing my view on what I think is right.
I think the marine should have been punished and by not punishing him I think we are discrediting all the solders that are doing outstanding things in Iraq.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

but that was not the case either.

Soooooooooooooooooooooo your admiting your wrong????????????????

Good lord man, grow up.

Yes I am just immature:S

Why do I even bother :S
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I love this country that’s why I am passionate about expressing my view on what I think is right.

Good. :)

I think the marine should have been punished and by not punishing him I think we are discrediting all the solders that are doing outstanding things in Iraq.

You wan't to punish a soldier for shooting someone (who was very likely a threat to his life) in the middle of a war?

You've got some weird reasoning.

I understand..........

Having Marines in my immediate and extended family,I know the caliber of men that they are, that they can be trusted and relied upon,the kind of guys who would be more than willing to help you out in a tight spot.I have a somewhat limited idea of what they endure in Iraq and Afghanistan on a daily basis.....but I know they would help anyone over there who needed it...... I know all of them would rather be someplace other than Iraq or Afghanistan,but when called upon to serve our country,they go where they are told to go and do their job to the best of their ability.......I also know that while they embody the the best of our country, anyone who takes up arms against them is making a fatal mistake.........
Marc SCR 6046 SCS 3004

In any other country this would be a war crime... No wonder the US refused to sign up to the war crimes convention.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Maybe not better.. But his opinion weighs a hell of a lot more than yours does... A soldier having worn the uniform vs an arm chair quarterback civilian?? The civilians opinion is completely without substance in comparison to the soldier.

That's a fact.. It's not an opinion..

Wrong.

So what you're saying is, I as a civilian cannot gather information that you as a solider could, because I have not been there. You're right, I haven't been there. I have no interest in getting shot in the ass for something I don't even remotely believe in, to shoot at people who I don't necessarily disagree with.

Further, I don't need to be a soldier to be able to decide moral right and wrong, time of war or not. Firing on unarmed insurgents: wrong. Firing on them because you think they are going to IED: wrong, but justified IF they had an IED. Did they have an IED?

People are not second class citizens, nor does their opinion matter any less because they choose not to serve.

If you really want to draw this out, lets talk about your education regarding foreign policy.

Enlighten us.

To JustinB:

Just because some buttfucking hillbillies decide to believe everything FOX, MSNBC, CNN or any other media feed them, and assume that they are actually UNBIASED REPORTING, doesn't mean everybody does.

But great try though, really.

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

But those are some pretty big blanket statements to justify killing. War or not

Ah WAR is about killing. in this case you are nothing more than a whuffo.

Alright Ron, how many people have you killed. List dates and areas, please.

Then, explain how killing (I mean, it is what WAR is all about, right?) makes you more knowledgable regarding moral right and wrong.

Please don't shirk the questions that I've asked, I'm sure many would like to know.

.jim
"Don't touch my fucking Easter eggs, I'll be back monday." ~JTFC

So what you're saying is, I as a civilian cannot gather information that you as a solider could, because I have not been there.

No, what he is saying is that you don't have the same perspective of someone that has been there.

If you really want to draw this out, lets talk about your education regarding foreign policy.

I don't see how foreign policy has anything to do with this.

To JustinB:

Just because some buttfucking hillbillies decide to believe everything FOX, MSNBC, CNN or any other media feed them, and assume that they are actually UNBIASED REPORTING, doesn't mean everybody does.

Wow, you can use big words. I'm suprised.

In any other country this would be a war crime... No wonder the US refused to sign up to the war crimes convention.

You are incorrect. The US would not sign that document because it could put the fate of our servicemen in the hands of a foreign judge. That isn't acceptable under any circumstance.

Explain where you got your knowledge of ROE and combat tactics? Rambo movies? Got the PC version of Rainbow 6? How many, if any, people I have dispatched is not important, Nor is it any of your damn business. Your clear lack of knowledge of tactics and ROE is the issue.

You are a whuffo making tactical comments. No better than a whuffo trying to tell you how to skydive.

Then, explain how killing (I mean, it is what WAR is all about, right?) makes you more knowledgable regarding moral right and wrong.

Actually war is not about killing. It is about gaining your objective. And it is a tool used by POLITICANS.

Please don't shirk the questions that I've asked, I'm sure many would like to know.

This I will tell you, I have 100% knowledge than you in this area, but you claim to know more.

Myself (hell anyone that has been trained), the soldier involved, and the Judge know much more than you, but please don't let that stop you from being an "Expert".

Just like the other whuffos.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Wrong.

Yes.. you are wrong.. again..

Ron explained it well in a previous post. Go back and re-read it..

So what you're saying is

Don't put words in my mouth.. That REALLY pisses me off.

As a soldier "knowing you aren't one" your opinion means dick and has no credibility. You can do all the research you want, you still won't know what a soldier knows or understand what they do..

People are not second class citizens, nor does their opinion matter any less because they choose not to serve.

Agreed.. I don't remember anyone saying civilians are second class. If you feel second class "as you keep bringing it up" maybe you should grow a pair and go serve.. Put your money where your mouth is..

Stop being the guy that's never swooped before telling Luigi how to fly his vx39.. Your opinion is a waste of air, without merit, substance and or experience..

Rhino

The US would not sign that document because it could put the fate of our servicemen in the hands of a foreign judge. That isn't acceptable under any circumstance

I understand what you mean, but your terminology is wrong. It is "acceptable" in some instances to have a judge make ruling on foreign nationals in foreign countries; most notably when it favors certain national interests (that applies to all countries).
Noriega, etc...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

So what you're saying is, I as a civilian cannot gather information that you as a solider could,

He never said that. As a matter of fact, what he did say was that both he and you had the same information. However, Ron, having served, likely has more perspective on what's REALLY happening in a firefight. The skydiving anology has been brought up several times and I think it's a good one. What part do you take issue with?

What does foreign policy have to do with this marine's guilt or innocence?

That question is absolutely tasteless. You should be ashamed of yourself.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

As a soldier "knowing you aren't one" your opinion means dick and has no credibility. You can do all the research you want, you still won't know what a soldier knows or understand what they do..

This line of argument, i.e. if you aren't a soldier you can't comment, is a bunch of arse.

But lets for a moment pretend it isn't. It must then surely apply to bus drivers, politicians, pop stars, toilet cleaners, ballet dancers, MacDonalds employees and all other jobs. Taking it further, surely it applies to heroin addicts, murderers and rapists.

How dare we criticise the actions of rapists if we aren't rapists ourselves!!

Fuck, the whole jury system is by your standards totally flawed - the jury in a murder trial should consist of murderers shouldn't it?

Obviously not.

Ability to understand an issue is based on experience and/or knowlege: Someone who has studied the experiences of 100 alcoholics is better suited to comment on alcoholism than 1 alcoholic.

Doctors are better placed to understand and treat cancer than cancer patients.

The examples go on and on. Soldiering, whilst a noble profession, is no different than any other career in this aspect.

Just a quick note to all those people here who are banding about the statement that this Marine was found not guilty by a Judge… I ought to point out that the guy never stood trial. A Marine Lt. General decided that he was not going to bring charges against the Marine in question.

That fact in it's self though, can be seen in more than one way.

It didn't sign it because it does not respect international law and so it can get away with actions like this.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

It didn't sign it because it does not respect international law and so it can get away with actions like this.

Incorrect... Once again... As a Marine I was briefed by the #1 man in the Marine Corps a few years back on why we didn't sign it.

I am VERY informed about this matter. My previous post was in fact correct. Argue all you want.

You are incorrect. The US would not sign that document because it could put the fate of our servicemen in the hands of a foreign judge. That isn't acceptable under any circumstance.

Exactly, had your country signed that agreement, war crimes would not have gone unpunished.
I am talking about war crimes such as abu grahib, guantanamo bay, Civilian bombings (aka collateral damage), execution of unarmed cambatants, etc, etc.

Moreover, had your country signed that treaty, the whole concept of pre-emptive strike would not have existed for it is a war crime. But then you would not have gotten a foothold in the middle east, right?

All the dead needed to do was to surrender.

The U.S has a history of sending the prisoners to third countries to get tortured in order to gather information. (Abu, grahib in Irak, Guantanamo bay in Cuba, morocco, Saudi Arab, etc). It seems to me that surrendering to the U.S is not the safest choice. I don´t blame them for playing dead. They don´t have much choices, do they?

This line of argument, i.e. if you aren't a soldier you can't comment, is a bunch of arse.

Thats not what anyone said...We have said that unless you have been a soldier, you have no clue to the situation...You may make uneducated quesses and play "Chairborne Ranger" all you like...Just don't expect anyone to care.

But lets for a moment pretend it isn't. It must then surely apply to bus drivers, politicians, pop stars, toilet cleaners, ballet dancers, MacDonalds employees and all other jobs. Taking it further, surely it applies to heroin addicts, murderers and rapists

Why don't we just stick to skydivers since we all are skydivers? Do you think a whuffo understands skydiving enough to pass judgement on how a skydiver deals with a mal? Do you think a whuffo knows enough to write procedures for skydiving?

If you have never served you are a military whuffo, so don't be surprized when those who have worn the uniform don't care about your uneducated opinion.

I would not be so arrogant to try and tell the professional bus driver how to do his job. But don't let that stop you....Its kinda funny.

Ability to understand an issue is based on experience and/or knowlege: Someone who has studied the experiences of 100 alcoholics is better suited to comment on alcoholism than 1 alcoholic

So have you studied the experiences of 100 soldiers? See one thing you seem to miss is that part of our training IS studying the mistakes and succeses of other soldiers....So again, I bet I, and anyone else that has served, have done more homework than you about this.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Exactly, had your country signed that agreement, war crimes would not have gone unpunished.
I am talking about war crimes such as abu grahib

In case you missed it some of those soldiers are in jail.