EBSB52

Damned liberals

True. But wouldn't making it illegal to carry a firearm when under the influence be more effective than banning guns in bars?

but then would you be able to drink in your house if you had guns there?

Eh, by carry, I mean in public. ;)

Even if it was illegal, unless you have cops randomly roaming through your house during the day, I don't think it'd be an issue. :P

Democratic Governor Napalitano vetoed a bill that would have allowed guns in bars. I'm as pro-gun as it gets, but guns in bars, polling places and banks should stand at being prohibited. I don't know if it was a conservative initiative or non-partisan, but what a joke to want guns in bars, a place where people go to get stupid. This is the wild west, but please, guns in bars????:S

Would you be happier if all the bars posted signs:

No guns inside - please don't hurt us!

Blanket area prohibitions defeat the point of having a CCW law. Either you trust these people, who commit crimes at a rate rivalling the police department, or you don't.

I WILL expect that you buy me a beer and say thank you.

Fair enough, hell I'll buy you all the beer you want :)

Honestly tho, if some jack off is gonna rob a bar, I would think it's safe to assume they'd be holding up the bartender, not me.

True. But wouldn't making it illegal to carry a firearm when under the influence be more effective than banning guns in bars?

Yeah, I can see that arguement as being more effective. But like Ron also said, it already is illegal to carry while under the influence.

I guess one could also argue that if you brought a gun into a bar, there is intent to break the law in the first place. You knew you were carrying and you were going to a bar to drink.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

I guess one could also argue that if you brought a gun into a bar, there is intent to break the law in the first place. You knew you were carrying and you were going to a bar to drink.

What I find even more odd is that it is illegal to carry into a liquor store in TX. Its also illegal to consume liquor on site as well as in your vehicle, so basically being intoxicated or becoming intoxicated on the way to, at or on the way from a liquor store is already illegal. However, we can't carry in them.

Now, the next thought.

Liquor stores are historically dangerous. Infact, if you want a good read, read up on the shotgun robberies in TX a number of years ago and what was done to solve it.

Basically that part of the law makes even less sense to me then the extra bar law. It comes down to, in TX atleast, any establishment that makes 51% or more of its income from alcohol is a "51%-er" and you can not legally carry in there.

Atleast when I go to the post office and can't carry in there, I feel safe knowing that the post men and women are armed to the teeth.:D:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Honestly tho, if some jack off is gonna rob a bar, I would think it's safe to assume they'd be holding up the bartender, not me.

"A Jew, a Catholic, and Gun walk into a bar..."

Actually, just your presence in the bar during a hold up puts you at incredible risk of being harmed by the perp.

Will you still buy me the drinks even if I want to drink wussy, girly drinks like Appletini's?

-the artist formerly known as sinker

Will you still buy me the drinks even if I want to drink wussy, girly drinks like Appletini's?

dude.. you can order shirley temples if you want ;)
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

dude.. you can order shirley temples if you want ;)

crap, that's right, I'll be carrying my 45 so I CAN'T drink... thanks for reminding me. (I'll have my little kel-tec .32 as back up also. And an Emerson Tanto folder. And my Surefire light. And...)

taking a gun into a bar is clearly irresponsible.

From the news story:
"opponents of guns in bars cannot point to any documented incidents of trouble with armed patrons in the 33 other states with laws similar to the vetoed Senate Bill"
And this wasn't just about bars, but about restaurants too. There is no reason why someone with a concealed handgun license shouldn't be able to enjoy a glass of wine with his restaurant dinner.

taking a gun into a bar is clearly irresponsible.

From the news story:
"opponents of guns in bars cannot point to any documented incidents of trouble with armed patrons in the 33 other states with laws similar to the vetoed Senate Bill"
And this wasn't just about bars, but about restaurants too. There is no reason why someone with a concealed handgun license shouldn't be able to enjoy a glass of wine with his restaurant dinner.

Just curious: Does this (one) glass of wine taste better, is it easier to get it served, w/a concealed handgun? Is that required in the States? Perhaps I made something wrong during my last stay there.

LMAO

:D:D

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Just curious: Does this (one) glass of wine taste better, is it easier to get it served, w/a concealed handgun? Is that required in the States? Perhaps I made something wrong during my last stay there.

LMAO

:D:D

Would it taste better because you were wearing black skin-tight leather pants?

Probably not, but it makes about as much sense as your comment.:|

I've never quite understood it, but every person I've ever talked to from Europe is very anti-guns:(

As I have guns, am a hunter, I am not "against". But weapons of every kind should never take place somewhere in private like f.e. a bar, a restaurant, near kids etc.... For hunting purposes, it's OK.

You "never quite understood...". OK. Accepted. Like me, I never understood that easy going way to handle guns/handguns for every Joe in the street like it's done in the US. In fact we do not understand each other's point of view. Perhaps it needs time.
:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I never understood that easy going way to handle guns/handguns for every Joe in the street like it's done in the US.

Where were you when you saw so many people with guns? Other than in very rural areas, I've never seen anyone outside there own home with a gun, and that's here in Texas.

near kids etc.... For hunting purposes, it's OK.

So you never went hunting until you were 21? You don't think people under the age of 21 should hunt with firearms? Only bow hunting?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I'm sorry I misjudged you first of all. As far as the average joe carrying guns, there are strict background checks that go into receiving concealed weapons permits. Also, the guns are here whether or not there are laws against them, so why not allow law abiding citizens to carry them if criminals will have them anyway.

I never understood that easy going way to handle guns/handguns for every Joe in the street like it's done in the US.

Where were you when you saw so many people with guns? Other than in very rural areas, I've never seen anyone outside there own home with a gun, and that's here in Texas.

Come to Arizona - there are at least three people that live in Casa Grande that scare the shit out of me because they have a huge ass revolver on their hip. I wonder sometimes if they can even draw and take aim without having a stroke.

And all three act like assholes too.
Scars remind us that the past is real

I've never quite understood it, but every person I've ever talked to from Europe is very anti-guns:(

have you ever talked to someone from Switzerland? They're great to talk to about guns... open, honest, not gun fearing people like elsewhere in EU. And they take them everywhere...

Come to Arizona - there are at least three people that live in Casa Grande that scare the shit out of me because they have a huge ass revolver on their hip. I wonder sometimes if they can even draw and take aim without having a stroke.

Do they scare you b/c they simply HAVE the weapon? Or is it b/c, as you say, they act like assholes? If it's the later, understandable it is, but if it's the former, then getting over your fear of guns is the remedy. It's easy really, and well worth doing.

near kids etc.... For hunting purposes, it's OK.

So you never went hunting until you were 21? You don't think people under the age of 21 should hunt with firearms? Only bow hunting?

1) No. I was older.
Over here, "kids" below 21 have the chance to apply for youth hunting license, or enter the shooting club where they can shoot with a sports license thing. So, they only would be able to purchase sport shooting weapons.

2) In fact, your reply is nonsens. My post at 1st has nothing to do with bow hunting, which is dangerous as well as shooting, and at 2nd MY question now is: Where do you draw the line at kids? You know, near kids really means: near kids. And not hunters below 21 yrs.
:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I promise you he doesn't fear weapons. Jumper03 is a former Marine.

I know a few that were in Vietnam w/ my father who sure the hell are...

But I see your point... just wanting clarity from him. I certainly know a few in my neck of the woods who I would not want w/ concealed carry licenses either. but a God given "right" is just that. unless of course the f*cker did something to foreit said "right."