SpeedRacer

Tobacco spitter, Jane Fonda, and FOX news.

Always thought she would be good halftime entertainment when Dallas played Pittsburg.:)

That might be a bit too Roman don't you think?

Croquet: an outdoor game in which two linebackers use mallets to drive Jane through hoops in the ground.B|
Do your part for global warming: ban beans and hold all popcorn farts.

The man ran off but was quickly caught by police Tuesday night and charged with disorderly conduct. ...

..."I consider it a debt of honor," he told The Star for a story on its Web site, www.kansascity.com. "She spit in our faces for 37 years. It was absolutely worth it. There are a lot of veterans who would love to do what I did."

I don't think it honorable at all to spit on her and then run off. I would have thought it more honorable if he stood up to her like a man and told her how he felt. Spit and run. What are you; 5?
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

The man ran off but was quickly caught by police Tuesday night and charged with disorderly conduct. ...

..."I consider it a debt of honor," he told The Star for a story on its Web site, www.kansascity.com. "She spit in our faces for 37 years. It was absolutely worth it. There are a lot of veterans who would love to do what I did."

I don't think it honorable at all to spit on her and then run off. I would have thought it more honorable if he stood up to her like a man and told her how he felt. Spit and run. What are you; 5?

No, I guess not... he should have just stood there and stated that she was wrong to side with the enemy VC, then spit on her blouse and then wait for the police to take him away.

Of course, if he was mad enough, he could have had fake blood and doused her with it, proclaiming it the blood of fellow soldiers that she spit on all those years ago.

Some people... you get on their "fuck you" list, you stay there permanently. That's the case with this vet... oh well...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Or, he could have thrown a pie. But that would be a waste of pie. Unless the government pays for the pie under support of free speech under an 'arts' based taxation scheme.

ergo - the government should buy me a pie and make jane fonda pay for it

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Or, he could have thrown a pie. But that would be a waste of pie. Unless the government pays for the pie under support of free speech under an 'arts' based taxation scheme.

ergo - the government should buy me a pie and make jane fonda pay for it

That made me actually laugh out loud. :D

Gravity Rat #115

Years later when the released POWs described the very real torture and degradation they suffered at the hands of the North Vietnamese, Fonda called them "hypocrites and liars."

Those basic facts aren't under dispute.

Okay. I get it now. What a bitch.

Rat for Life - Fly till I die
When them stupid ass bitches ask why

hmm. when a repentent sinner apologizes, a Christian is obliged to forgive.

A lot of people will say that when someone does something that is very very wrong (such as Jane Fonda's sympathising with the North VC) that it is now "unforgivable". Some people would falsely believe that to cling to such an idea is a symbol of strength in one's principles.***

bravo, speed racer, bravo. your post hits it on the head, both about forgiveness and about editorializing not including lying.

even if her apology wasn't sincere. even if she DIDN'T apologize, hating her damages the hater, not always the hated. this is something i struggle with also, esp. w/ this woman. she was a traitor. and my dad was severely f*cked up from his involvement in the war. it's too easy to put a face to the hurt and demonize fonda. but it's not right.

i bet deep down inside, the spitter really isn't satisfied w/ his actions... vengence never satisfies fully. it's only temporary.

Christian philosophy is that nothing is "unforgiveable" to the penitent sinner.

Why? Because we are all in the same boat.

It pissed me off as a Catholic Christian when Sinead O'Connor tore up a picture of the Pope on Saturday Night Live.

But years later, she apologized for it, and expressed regret. Now I am obliged to reach out and accept her apology & no longer harbor hard feelings for what she did.

That is what forgiveness is. God's love is greater than we can imagine or deserve. To be close to God means we must forgive. As we expect to be forgiven for our own sins, which may be greater than we care to admit, even to ourselves.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

I agree. I'll forgive, not just to be Christian, but also because holding on to grudges hurts me. Doesn't mean I have to like her, respect her, or give her the time of day if she asks.

If I made such a colossal ass of myself... wait, never mind, not possible...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

That made me actually laugh out loud.

yeah, but did you snort?

Look, this guy spit at Jane Fonda and the left wing acedemia nuts threw a pie at Ann Coulter. I'd rather have pie coming at me. It's much more pleasant (unless it's in a pyrex pie pan still) and I'm hungry right now.

I think the real point is, people get spun up for all sorts of reasons and like to attack women. Whether they believe they are justified or not, physical assault is wrong. Personally, I don't think much of Jane, but would never attack her with anything more than verbal mockery, or even better, complete disinterest. As far as Ann C is concerned, she's entertaining, but her delivery can really get vitriolic and that detracts from many of her messages as a result. I'd not attack her so much but I would pay to throw baseballs at the target if she was in a charity dunk tank.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

No, I guess not... he should have just stood there and stated that she was wrong to side with the enemy VC, then spit on her blouse and then wait for the police to take him away.

Of course, if he was mad enough, he could have had fake blood and doused her with it, proclaiming it the blood of fellow soldiers that she spit on all those years ago.

Why couldn't he have just acted like an adult and voiced his reasonings as to why he doesn't like her. Not every one likes every one.

Jane Fonda said she was wrong years ago. Let's move on, we all make mistakes and get caught up in some kind of life drama, that we look back on and say, "WTF was I thinking."
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Let's move on, we all make mistakes and get caught up in some kind of life drama, that we look back on and say, "WTF was I thinking."

Sure we all make mistakes, but hers was pretty calculated and not so casually blown off.

As far as moving on...tell that to my dad, every time that creatures face and name are in the news it reopens old wounds.

My opinions :

1) Re. the note-passing story: It seems to me that there is enough REAL STUFF that Jane Fonda did that you can get pissed off about. It is wrong to try to embellish it by making shit up or spreading false stories. Stick to the truth. You don't need to make up crap or spread lies to try to make her look even worse.

And FOX news was negligent in not challenging the story, just because the story sold the message that Jane Fonda sucks.

2. RE. the tobacco spitter:

Some people, including the spitter, say it was justified because of what Fonda did. But there's another piece: What the spitter did.

There is a right way and a wrong way that an adult should conduct him/herself. Spitting on someone in public like that is infantile. The spitter dishonored himself by doing that. It has nothing to do with whether Jane Fonda deserved to be spit on, it has to do with how a self-respecting person with a sense of honor should act.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

hmm. when a repentent sinner apologizes, a Christian is obliged to forgive.

A lot of people will say that when someone does something that is very very wrong (such as Jane Fonda's sympathising with the North VC) that it is now "unforgivable". Some people would falsely believe that to cling to such an idea is a symbol of strength in one's principles.

Christian philosophy is that nothing is "unforgiveable" to the penitent sinner.

Why? Because we are all in the same boat.

It pissed me off as a Catholic Christian when Sinead O'Connor tore up a picture of the Pope on Saturday Night Live.

But years later, she apologized for it, and expressed regret. Now I am obliged to reach out and accept her apology & no longer harbor hard feelings for what she did.

That is what forgiveness is. God's love is greater than we can imagine or deserve. To be close to God means we must forgive. As we expect to be forgiven for our own sins, which may be greater than we care to admit, even to ourselves.

Hear, hear.

This man is a coward. He had to sandbag her in a filthy way, and then he ran. "Honor", my fat hairy white ass.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I don't have a problem with him spitting on her!

But I agree with you as he should have stood there and waited for the cops to haul him off.

I was 16 years old when Hanoi Jane sat her sorry ass in the anti aircraft gun.

My Dad was flying in 'Nam then.

Here's my logical equation:

Jane Fonda + Aircraft Gun = Sorry Bitch.

She's feeling guilty as hell!

Don't go away mad....just go away!

Agreed - I have zero respect for Fonda

Lets do a comparison, shall we?

From Snopes

Richard, (my husband), never really talked a lot about his time in Viet Nam other than he had been shot by a sniper. However, he had a rather grainy, 8 x 10 black & white photo he had taken at a USO show of Ann Margaret with Bob Hope in the background that was one of his treasures.

A few years ago, Ann Margaret was doing a book signing at a local bookstore. Richard wanted to see if he could get her to sign the treasured photo so he arrived at the bookstore at 12 o'clock for the 7:30 signing. When I got there after work, the line went all the way around the bookstore, circled the parking lot, and disappeared behind a parking garage.

Before her appearance, bookstore employees announced that she would sign only her book and no memorabilia would be permitted. Richard was disappointed, but wanted to show her the photo and let her know how much those shows meant to lonely GI's so far from home.

Ann Margaret came out looking as beautiful as ever and, as 2nd in line, it was soon Richard's turn. He presented the book for her signature and then took out the photo. When he did, there were many shouts from the employees that she would not sign it. Richard said, "I understand. I just wanted her to see it".

She took one look at the photo, tears welled up in her eyes and she said, "This is one of my gentlemen from Viet Nam and I most certainly will sign his photo. I know what these men did for their country and I always have time for "my gentlemen". With that, she pulled Richard across the table and planted a big kiss on him.

She then made quite a to do about the bravery of the young men she met over the years, how much she admired them, and how much she appreciated them. There weren't too many dry eyes among those close enough to hear. She then posed for pictures and acted as if he was the only one there.

Later at dinner, Richard was very quiet. When I asked if he'd like to talk about it, my big strong husband broke down in tears. "That's the first time anyone ever thanked me for my time in the Army", he said.

Richard, like many others, came home to people who spit on him and shouted ugly things at him. That night was a turning point for him. He walked a little straighter and, for the first time in years, was proud to have been a Vet.

I'll never forget Ann Margaret for her graciousness and how much that small act of kindness meant to my husband. I now make it a point to say Thank You to every person I come across who served in our Armed Forces.

Freedom does not come cheap and I am grateful for all those who have served their country.

If you'd like to pass on this story, feel free to do so. Perhaps it will help others to become aware of how important it is to acknowledge the contribution our service people make.

Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"
Mahatma Gandhi

Hang on a second. Aren't you the guy that started that thread railing against the consevitives and the fact that Eric Rudolph was not being put to death for his crimes? You even had the nerve to use the word hypocrsiy in the title of that thread. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm impressed

"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"
Mahatma Gandhi

Hang on a second. Aren't you the guy that started that thread railing against the consevitives and the fact that Eric Rudolph was not being put to death for his crimes? You even had the nerve to use the word hypocrsiy in the title of that thread. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm impressed

I am 100% against the death penalty as a review of my posting history will show. Did you ever hear of sarcasm?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.