storm1977

Gay men/ rare STD/ and spreading HIV!

You must not have learned very much from your uncle then. He had this to say at a Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of Education meeting on December 21, 1999, "I feel like crying when I hear stereotypes and ignorance being expressed in public forums when there is a potential for this misinformation to get out through the media." Over and Out. Really, honestly this time. :S
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

>But to discard my opinion because I am not gay.... That is just silly.

I don't think anyone's discarding your opinion. They are, after all, answering you.

But consider who you would listen more closely to concerning the dangers of a world record attempt - Kate Cooper, who organizes smaller records herself and was on the last five world records, or the daughter of a guy who was on one. Sure, they both have valid opinions, and are both worth listening to. But you could probably learn more from Kate.

Why not..if they educate you on the subject!!!!

You're right. If they educate you on the subject, then go for it.

BUT - it's only a small piece of knowledge gleaned from one viewpoint. Plenty of my college professors were pinko-commies. They gave a viewpoint that I certainly did not accept as gospel. However, I read deeper into where they got their views, and into opposing viewpoints.

In other words, education comes from numerous sources, not just one or two or three "authorities." Don't believe what Keith tells you - he's not the burning Bush. Why not read some of the texts dealign with this subject, like "And the Band Played On" by Randy Shilts, which is absolutely VITAL to the understanding of the early stages of the pandemic (don't rent the movie version of it, which was politicized into "How Ronald Reagan Spred AIDS"). Read "The Myth of HeteroSexual Aids" by Michael Fumento. Hell, read "Faggots" by Larry Kramer. Have a chat with your Uncle after getting some baseline knowledge on the topic.

Broad-spectrum information leads to less subjective discourse. Understanding both sides (or all fifty sides) of the issues allow for a fair and balanced look at a topic. From there, points become "insightful" and not "inciteful."

Dang, I need to trademark that!

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Keith,

Seriously, I don't believe you ;) You'll be back!!;)
What is the third time :-)

Seriously though;
Keith, I don't agree with you on many things... Like wise, I don't agree with my U. Dave on many things. But you what he hasn't done.... He has never accused me of being a homophobe because I ask questions and opinions... and because I give opinions too. (Opinions BTW which go directly against his beliefs)

Dave caused my family a lot unwanted attention... He is quite outspoken, probably the biggest activist in New England. Don't think for a second I agree with what he says or even does for that matter.

But his beliefs and mine are not the point. The point is, the man is very educated on the subject, and he believes in what he says... We have voiced differences many times to eachother, and educated echother by doing so.

The whole debate is not about whether or not I like the gay lifestyle or not... In fact, I don't think I brought my views up at all reguarding homosexuals.... The main topic has been the spread of disease.

As far as my relationship with U. Dave... it has been rocky at times within the family, but mainly because he is so outspoken....

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

Keith,

Seriously, I don't believe you You'll be back!!
What is the third time :-)

Chris,

You're not going to engage people in a healthy discussion when you begin your posts like that.

Chris

What??????????????????//

He said,"I am done with this thread" 3 times now
How can I take him seriously?

I saw it as an insulting comment. Keith has his own perspective to add to this thread, as do you. I know Keith to be thick skinned and not offended easily. For him to say he is done with a thread, I think (could be wrong) that he was getting pissed off. I think if you start a thread with your opinion, you should expect dissenting opinions. If it was me, knowing how easy going Keith is, I would have shot him a pm to perhaps express myself better and add that I respected his point of view. But, that's me.

Chris

know Keith to be thick skinned and not offended easily. For him to say he is done with a thread, I think (could be wrong) that he was getting pissed off.

I could be mistaken, but my guess is that this discussion is a little upsetting to those sexually responsible members of the gay community in the same way that seasoned skydivers get upset after hearing that another one of our friends broke himself, or worse, after making an avoidable mistake.

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

"...and then I saw a beast, coming out of the sea
It had ten horns, and it had seven heads
On each of the horns there was a crown
And on each of the heads there was a name that was insulting to God."