Muenkel

I watched the Clinton Library Dedication today.

I have to say it was so refreshing to see the unity between the parties today. Each of the former presidents and the current one gave a fantastic speech. Pres. Clinton's speech was awesome. Now, I know it's the pc thing for all of them to do. But I watched the things that were not scripted. The joking and laughing going on between Pres. Clinton and Bush. Pres. Bush holding the umbrella for Chelsea Clinton. The kind gesture made by Barbara Bush toward Rosalyn Carter. The smiles exchanged between Pres. Bush and Senator Clinton.

After this long divisive election season, it was refreshing to see what happened today.

Agreed. When they stop being politicians and start being people, they're tolerable.

And I agree with this statement. Of course in a Democracy, dissenting opinions are a must. Different ways of making policy is a must. Unfortunately to keep that democracy, we have to deal with all the ugliness, negativity and diviseness. There's got to be a better way.

Agreed. When they stop being politicians and start being people, they're tolerable.

No, I think it's more like they are all people who have been there, done that. Had Kerry been there as President elect, you think he'd be able to have that kind of interplay. Clinton can say to Bush, "So, Georgie, having fun filling the Federal Judiciary?"

Other Presidents would find it funny. A president-elect would not..

Also, recall that after CLinton was hospitalized for heart trouble, Bush made a rather classy gesture in a campaign specch, and the crowd gave some rather classy applause.

When the game is not being played, no reason to keep scrapping.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Actually he is one charming son of a bitch.

My best friend from high school is the nephew of Senator Greenleaf. His mom is the Senator's sister. She's a die hard republican, not a Clinton fan in the least, and went with her brother to Clinton's 2nd inaugural ball. She told me that his charisma is so powerful that when she spoke to him, it was as if the hundreds of other people clammering around them had disappeared and that it felt like they were the only two people in the room, and he made her feel like she was the most important.

You don't get to be pres unless you have that kind of sway over people.

well, its nice when the political BS stops every once in a while.

I think it's sad how some family members can't get along just because they disagree on politics.

In my family we have Reps & Dems, & we get some pretty lively discussions, but family is still more important & we still get along.

Really, what all the political bitching is about:
Which candidate you think is 51% right and only 49% wrong.
:P
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

well, its nice when the political BS stops every once in a while.

I think it's sad how some family members can't get along just because they disagree on politics.

In my family we have Reps & Dems, & we get some pretty lively discussions, but family is still more important & we still get along.

What do you think Mr. Wolfe? [url www.lookreachpull.com/video/suckdick.wav]N.S.F.W.

-----------------

Hey SpeedRacer, you bring up a very good point. My family is staunchly Republican. However, my eldest niece, who turned 23 today, is not. I remember having a conversation with her about a week before the election. We did not argue at all. I was quite impressed with how knowledgeable she was with the issues and made her decision to vote for Kerry based on that. I love her unconditionally. Her political leanings will never change that.

I think Carvel and Matlin could teach a lot of the people in SC how to be more civil to each other.

I agree. Those two are great together. I think it works because they both have a great sense of humor and they leave their work at the office.