Segador

And Bush says no draft??? What do you call this?

We're not disputing the fact he won . . . we're concerned with what he's going to do now that there are practically no political repercussions for him.

Fool me twice....won't get fooled again.

Now, we all know a Bush is good for his word, right? Anyone else remember "no new taxes?"

When he does something wrong then be upset. Until then relax and try and be happy.

Why are liberals so miserable all the time. I feel sorry for them. I can't fathom being angry 100% of the time.

I was happy all day today. Took some cool pictures (one is attached), played football, had a few beers, enjoyed some time with friends. Very relaxing day as well. Busted up my hand on a bad tackle, but it's nothing some tape and ice didn't fix up.

Not more than 10 minutes ago I got a few drunk dials from some friends and had a a few good laughs.

Wow, look at that - I guess we aren't angry all the time. Got any other theories and false beliefs you need shot down?

That said. Bush has made plenty of mistakes. I believe his ascertation about WMDs and the connection of SH to OBL was also proved wrong. Even Rummy admitted to that this week.

IMO There has been a "draft" of volunteers in effect for a while.

Now they just call it "stop loss" the guard and reserves. If someone said any of the above who doesn't want to be here can leave, some would leave and some would stay.

BTW didn't read the link don't mean nutin.

R.I.P.

Same to you... Stop loss policies are not a "Draft." Policies such as these are in effect during times of war, they can keep you as long as they feel they need you.
Them boys -n- girls need to really think and read the fine print before they sign up for paid on the job training and that paid colledge tuition.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Bush has made plenty of mistakes. I believe his ascertation about WMDs and the connection of SH to OBL was also proved wrong

Golly Gee Whiz... You'd think that no politician in DC besides Bush and his crew has ever said anything about the threat of WMD's and Saddam supporting terrorism in Iraq?
When dang near everyone of'em and the UN has stated exactly those concerns in the past.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

Same to you... Stop loss policies are not a "Draft." Policies such as these are in effect during times of war, they can keep you as long as they feel they need you.
Them boys -n- girls need to really think and read the fine print before they sign up for paid on the job training and that paid colledge tuition.

Hi CR

glad to see that we can agree to diagree like adults.

One yes one no. it's good enoug for me:)
Important stuff for us: skydive till you puke!!

R.I.P.

I assume that you know that the bill introduced in congress to reinstate the draft was written by a Democrat. It was written by Rep Charles B. Rangel of New York who subsequently voted against his own bill.

The bill was rejected with 402 against and 2 for it. The two voting for the bill were Reps. John P. Murtha (D-Pa.) and Fortney "Pete" Stark (D-Calif.).

Now, who is trying to reinstate the draft? It is not President Bush.

BTW, when you enter the military you sign a form agreeing to recall in time of war. I remember signing it. If I'm called up I'll go.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

IMO it's may be a political tool to put up a bill so everyone can earn brownie points voting it down. A 98% no vote. WTF was the point?.

Back in the day I think we were in the active reserves for 2 or 4 yr's after a honorable discharge. Don't know what it is now.

I think If I was on the bubble of getting called back and didn't mind. Maybe I'd go back as a contractor, could be same jobfor more pay. Would that work? Not really dodgeing getting called back since your already working there.

R.I.P.

98% no vote. WTF was the point?.

That was Republican strategy at its best.

Liberals bring up draft bill and claim Bush is going to sign it if it's passed...even though he didn't.

What do the Republicans do? They force the bill to the floor for a vote...the bill the liberals created.

Even the liberal who started the bill voted no.

It emberrased the liberals big time.

Forty-two

98% no vote. WTF was the point?.

That was Republican strategy at its best.

Liberals bring up draft bill and claim Bush is going to sign it if it's passed...even though he didn't.

What do the Republicans do? They force the bill to the floor for a vote...the bill the liberals created.

Even the liberal who started the bill voted no.

It emberrased the liberals big time.

Hi Tuna

Sorry but I agree sort of:o

IMO your selling all of the pliticians a little short on the brain side.:S

I suspect the whole draft bill was a scam. The payoff was some pork barrel stuff or other political considerations for the guy who suggested it and the two who voted for it to make it look kind of legit.

Look at the bright side 402 politicans got to get on the record to say no to something that wasn't going to happen.

How can you embarress a politican on either side:S

R.I.P.

The implication that Bush lied here is a joke. It was Kerry who lied, scaring millions of teens into voting for him by telling them Bush was gonna draft them when he wasn't.

One ex-reservist does not a draft make.

Kerry was the liar on this issue not Bush. You've gotten your brain so twisted through bias that you cannot see the obvious lie from Kerry (or you accept the lie because the means suits your ends) and stretch for tennuous evidence of a lie in the case of Bush.

Is there a difference between a lie and a spin?

Whats the difference between a lie and a joke?

The vote was 402 to 2 = .49751 % voted in favor of the draft.

IMO that's a joke:). Follow the money.

Trust no one believe nothing (even if you see it on T.V. or in the press).

If "they" (unknown) run out of contractor's, reserves, national guard, coalition and the iraqi forces and we're still over there for national security reasons then there will be a "draft" or "major incentatives" in some form. I don't see it happening.

We dodged the draft once and now we're way to old so debate all you want There's to many loopholes you gonna draft gay's, drug addicts, fat people, etc.

Who's left for a draft?

R.I.P.

R.I.P.

We're not disputing the fact he won . . . we're concerned with what he's going to do now that there are practically no political repercussions for him.

There are still implications for the party, and certainly there are no shortage of people saying that Bush is merely a figurehead for the party. Since Chaney can't possibly be a candidate in 2008, it will be an open race with no incumbency advantage.

So the cited article doesn't explain why this person is still required to serve. Can someone fill us in?

Bush has made plenty of mistakes. I believe his ascertation about WMDs and the connection of SH to OBL was also proved wrong

Golly Gee Whiz... You'd think that no politician in DC besides Bush and his crew has ever said anything about the threat of WMD's and Saddam supporting terrorism in Iraq?
When dang near everyone of'em and the UN has stated exactly those concerns in the past.

Bush is the one that went on national tv and claimed he hasnt made one mistake. That is a huge issue.

Yes, others in DC said stuff about Iraq - however Bush is the one that pulled the trigger on going to war.