Treejumps

"Gay Marriage" defeated in all 11 states

Or, otherwise known as playing the race card.

Yup, because single, straight white guys are so well known for playing the race card!:S

I do not have the right to Marry, You do not have the right to marry.

Why? Who says that? What's the reason on that? Who decided it wasn't a right? Coming from the idiot on the White House, it has to do with "god" and religion.

You are agnostic huh? Well, that speaks to the fact that you once did believe and my guess is you were raised around religion and that is where you developed your sense of morals and what is right. You may have questions about a god, but your morals are still there.

I don't need to move because it doesn't effect my life. However, I am upset that there are Americans that have been denied a right.

But you've missed what I found most offensive and that is your quite explicit expression that I would be dangerous to your family.

Yes, I think your views are dangerous to my family. Not trying to be offensive, just giving you my opinion. Incest and polygamy are dangerous ideas...they are dangerous to society and my family lives in that society. I wouldn't want you near my family becasue I wouldn't want you to poison them with those types of views.

FYI - NAMBLA is a group the ACLU is defending. It stands for:
North American Man Boy Love Association. I can't go into the details because it would violate
Sangiro's rules. If you read the rules you will understand I can't even say the word. However, based on what you have stated, what this club does is OK.

Chris

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

I wouldn't want you near my family becasue I wouldn't want you to poison them with those types of views.

I thought in 2004 we had done with the myth that homosexuality is contagious. News flash: it is not. No more than idiocy is. It is up to individuals to decide what they want to be exposed to, what they want do, as long as it does not infringe upon someone else's liberties. There is no such thing as universal morality. Be strong enough to be confident with whom you are, with what your values are, and let people with different opinions and lifestyles go their way. Don't like to see them? Turn your head the other way. People preaching about god bother me: I avoid them. Quite simple actually.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Yes, I think your views are dangerous to my family. Not trying to be offensive, just giving you my opinion. Incest and polygamy are dangerous ideas...they are dangerous to society and my family lives in that society. I wouldn't want you near my family becasue I wouldn't want you to poison them with those types of views.

Ok, well, I'm gratified that you feel I would be able to influence your family. That's a compliment. However, again, I don't understand how everyone being treated equally is dangerous.

North American Man Boy Love Association. I can't go into the details because it would violate
Sangiro's rules. If you read the rules you will understand I can't even say the word. However, based on what you have stated, what this club does is OK.

Chris

Ah, I see. Well, any act of this nature, whether between two people of the same sex or two people of different sexes is wrong, morally, etc. etc.. (Obviously, as you expressed, I can't go into details as per the rules.) Therefore this has no relation to what I have expressed, as there is no inequality there.

Also, could you answer my previous question as to why the minority of being gay is different to any other minority? Thanks in advance.
Next Mood Swing: 6 minutes

Everything is a right unless there is a law specifically restricting it.

That's an interesting statement.

There is the "Inalienable Rights" thing. You know.... Life, Liberty, the Pursuit of Happyness.....

Of course rights are only protected as long as you defend them.......

Whoops....went off topic...
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I wouldn't want you near my family becasue I wouldn't want you to poison them with those types of views.

I thought in 2004 we had done with the myth that homosexuality is contagious. News flash: it is not. No more than idiocy is. It is up to individuals to decide what they want to be exposed to, what they want do, as long as it does not infringe upon someone else's liberties. There is no such thing as universal morality. Be strong enough to be confident with whom you are, with what your values are, and let people with different opinions and lifestyles go their way. Don't like to see them? Turn your head the other way. People preaching about god bother me: I avoid them. Quite simple actually.

Um, not sure if its needed, but just to clarify I'm not gay, I just like equality. :)

Ok, well, I'm gratified that you feel I would be able to influence your family. That's a compliment. However, again, I don't understand how everyone being treated equally is dangerous.

Chris

Ah, I see. Well, any act of this nature, whether between two people of the same sex or two people of different sexes is wrong, morally, etc. etc.. (Obviously, as you expressed, I can't go into details as per the rules.) Therefore this has no relation to what I have expressed, as there is no inequality there.

Also, could you answer my previous question as to why the minority of being gay is different to any other minority? Thanks in advance.

OK, I find a flaw here.... You think it is bad for the people of NAMBLA to do what they do, but you think everyother alternative lifestyle is OK....

You just disproved yourself.
You said it was Morally wrong. Why?
Why is that morally wrong, but polygamy isn't, incest isn't.
I SEE HOLES IN YOUR ARGUMENT!!!

(I have to go and reread the question you posed)

News flash, religion isn't contagious either.

OK, I find a flaw here.... You think it is bad for the people of NAMBLA to do what they do, but you think everyother alternative lifestyle is OK....

You just disproved yourself.
You said it was Morally wrong. Why?
Why is that morally wrong, but polygamy isn't, incest isn't.
I SEE HOLES IN YOUR ARGUMENT!!!

Um, no, I don't think so. We're not talking about adults with regards to NAMBLA, are we?

News flash, religion isn't contagious either.

It's not?:S Now you're telling me:| I guess i should remove my latex gloves and mask, uh...
And because it's not contagious I will not try to contain it. Let it be, let me be, happy happy:)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

No, we aren't. But we weren't with incest either.
You said as long as it is love it is OK.... Your words not mine.

As far as your question, it was answered. You took it out of context.

What I think you fail to realize is the difference in the population of gays vs other minority groups. It wouldn't be "Normal...."
Oh, do tell. What is the difference?

I said difference in population. As in the magnitude of the minority. We can not appease everyone. We can't make laws to include Everyone. We have Inalienable rights... those are designed for everyone.

Well, IMO your views are dangerous to society.

And your oppinion is about as useful to me as gum stuck to the bottom of my shoe. Not because it's different. I welcome different oppinions, but because it's so far been based on reactionary emotions, rather than some form of logic.

You say Incest is OK.
You say Polygamy is OK.
You Probably think NAMBLA is OK.

Nice so now you've takens emotion and tried to lable it as logic. Now be a thinking adult and tell us in detail a) how you reached each of those conclusions, and b) why exactly you think each of those conclusions is bad.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Still curious as to the definition of a 'traditional' American family. Do you mean married biological father and mother?

As far as the State is concerned, marriage is the union between one man and one woman as husband and wife. Traditionally, this is the form that the American family takes. I guess you might be trying to allude to the fact that there are single mother and single father families, etc. However, that’s not “traditional."

There is no such thing as "gay rights". No one is being denied anything that others are granted. Gay people can get married, to someone of the opposite gender, just like anyone else.

Discrimination, right there. It doesn't matter how you word it!

The reason a male cannot marry another male, is the same reason that a pig cannot fly.

Someone here on DZ.com had a signature that read: "With sufficient thrust, pigs just fly well." :D

Ich betrachte die Religion als Krankheit, als Quelle unnennbaren Elends für die menschliche Rasse.
(Bertrand Russell, engl. Philosoph, 1872-1970)

So, contagious or not, I can protect my children from what i want. There will come a time when they will be free of me and allowed to do what ever they want and explore what ever they want. But They will be protected under my watch. So, Ripple wouldn't be invited into my house to discuss his sexual theory or beliefs....that's all.

FYI - This is an analogy... I have no Kids.

Marriage is between a Man and a Woman, a Family is Daddy, Mommy and their Children.
Not Daddy and Daddy and so forth.

Civil Unions... fine.
I grew up surrounded by gays and lesbians, I grew up working in a flowershop in the Northpark and Uptown areas of San Diego, CA, predominantly gay communities, I've family and friends who are gay/lesbian or otherwise sexually inclined.
So don't label me Homophobic.

I'm not open to discussion on this so don't bother to reply back.
But go ahead and bang your against a wall;).

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

I think that it is particularly interesting that "civil union" was specifically eliminated, and along with it the health and other benefits that went with them. I believe that civil unions were gone after as a pre-emptive strike to tell these activists that they had gone way too far. Yes I understand how badly they want everyone's stamp of approval on their lifestyle. However, the overwhelming results of these elections show that while pressed in a public forum many people will "say" that they support gay marriage, when it comes to actually deciding what is acceptable saocial behavior and what is not, the results have spoken loudly for themselves.

Frankly, I don't have a problem with civil unions, but since the gay marriage activists pushed so hard I find it fitting that they lost benefits that they enjoyed in the pursuit of things that they have no right to.