tunaplanet

Kerry supporters rip up 3 year-old girl's Bush/Cheney poster

He did nothing wrong. Just took his daughter to support the president. Very American.

What's disgusting is the liberals acting like all liberals do...like cowards tormenting a little girl just because they are patriotic. Very unamerican.

There's that argument again. Support your president - Blindly vote for whoever's in power at the time or you're not a "patriot".

Go read up on the concept of democracy!!!!!!

>I often wonder what it's like to be a liberal.

Come on by my house and I'll show you! We generate all our own power, and can run completely unconnected from the grid. We recycle our greywater to use for irrigation. We have a hybrid that gets 50mpg, and have a van conversion that gets better gas mileage than a Ford Taurus - and I usually bike to work anyway. I know, I know, that's all crazy liberal stuff, but it's nice to be able to run the house during blackouts, keep our trees growing during water shortages and not care much about gas prices.

Of course, we lack some conservative luxuries like a 200-channel cable service (we get about 3 channels) a 72 inch plasma screen TV or a massive SUV, but we seem to survive without those things.

>You'll see angry, bitter, whiny people who are in absolute misery.

Stop by sometime! We may be bitter, whiny, miserable people, but at least we have some good beer in the fridge (which will be cold even if we see rolling blackouts again.)

This is true. Conservatives are more calm, cool and collected.... It's truly sad.

I haven't laughed so hard in a while. Thanks! :)

I am sorry narci but I just don't see what you are finding funny. There is overwelming accuracy to support that statement. The only thing that was hilarious was when you tried to claim that you were not biased and therefore had the right to mediate between the right and the left. To add to that already hilarious situation, you said that the people from the left were more polite. Now that was funny. lol
If I could make a wish, I think I'd pass.
Can't think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound.
Nothing to eat, no books to read.

>To add to that already hilarious situation, you said that the people
>from the left were more polite.

Based purely on the posts on this forum, I have found that to be true. Right wingers are far more likely to make vituperative attacks on liberals. Look no further than this thread - which posters have used the following terms to describe the other?

disgusting
insane
cowards
biased
angry
bitter
whiny

Now, you may claim that you _need_ to use such words to adequately express yourself or whatever, but that supports the premise that liberals (at least the ones here) tend to be less insulting.

Stop by sometime! We may be bitter, whiny, miserable people, but at least we have some good beer in the fridge (which will be cold even if we see rolling blackouts again.)

But do you make your own beer? How can you possibly support those evil, polluting breweries? :P

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

>How can you possibly support those evil, polluting breweries?

Yeah, that John Campbell is an evil guy, and his brewery is truly a Montana eyesore . . .

But seriously, I got some 'organic' beer the other week at Whole Foods. (from St. Peter's Brewery.) It was awful. Fortunately, we have Ballast Point here in San Diego, and they make a great pale.

In my experience the left is much less civil than the right.

Spencer

Is that because they think with their hearts and emotions as opposed to thinking with their heads and logic?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Based purely on the posts on this forum, I have found that to be true. Right wingers are far more likely to make vituperative attacks on liberals. Look no further than this thread - which posters have used the following terms to describe the other?

disgusting
insane
cowards
biased
angry
bitter
whiny

Now, you may claim that you _need_ to use such words to adequately express yourself or whatever, but that supports the premise that liberals (at least the ones here) tend to be less insulting.

Bill, we all know your a polite lefty. But you can't tell me that you need to look at 25 posters from Dz.com to get an idea of how righty's and lefty's act.
Just think about the RNC compared to the DNC. (Whoppie Goldberg). Look at Madonna's history of rude comments, Cher, Rosie Odonald. Look at the arrest records that took place over the last DNC compared to the RNC convention. Come on Bill, its too obvious here. Its as hopeless of a battle as it was to try to defend those forged documents. Oh there is something else. Which side is so pathetic that they are resorting to forged documents to assinate the president's character.

Dude, don't tell me you're using those celebrities to characterize an entire party. ROSIE O'DONNELL??? She's a major reason not to claim allegiance to the left...

That's all. Back to the "You're mean/No, YOU'RE mean" discussion at hand.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

>But you can't tell me that you need to look at 25 posters from Dz.com to
>get an idea of how righty's and lefty's act.

I agree there. DZ.com is not a good sampling of people; my comment was just intended for what goes on here.

>Come on Bill, its too obvious here.

I recall Rush Limbaugh calling the president's daughter "the White House dog" on the air. Anne Coulter publically wished that terrorists would blow up the NY Times building in NYC. A comment from her about the DNC:

"My pretty-girl allies stick out like a sore thumb amongst the corn-fed, no make-up, natural fiber, no-bra needing, sandal-wearing, hirsute, somewhat fragrant hippie chick pie wagons they call 'women' at the Democratic National Convention."

And who can forget O'Reilly screaming "Shut up! Shut up!" on the air at callers he disagrees with? The right has no more claim on civility than the left does.

>Oh there is something else. Which side is so pathetic that they are
>resorting to forged documents to assinate the president's character.

And which side is paying vietnam vets to change their stories and smear a decorated vet?

[reply

>I recall Rush Limbaugh calling the president's daughter "the White House dog" on the air.
-------------------------------------
Ok I have seen you write this a few times and let it go but it needs correcting. This did not happen. I recall exactly what did happen. First of all this was not on the radio it was on his tv show. And there was a mix up with the taped footage, when he was talking about Chelsea, the first dog came on the screen. I rememeber Rush clearly appologizing for the mix-up. Rush deals with way to serious issues to get caught up on something so petty. Obviously it appears you got the report of this happening from some left-leaning source that is hard at work trying to discredit Rush.
================================

Anne Coulter publically wished that terrorists would blow up the NY Times building in NYC. A comment from her about the DNC:
---------------------------------------------------
I hadn't heard about this and would probably bet its somewhat out of context. But if we think about it for a second the logic is not far fetched. Think about 9/11, how much clearer could that have been. Oh bye the way on the 9/11 report it is clearly stated that the food for oil money was being used to help fund Al Queda, that is the food for oil in IRAQ. Money has been traced from Iraq to swiss banks and then to Al Queda operatives. Ok before I drift too far here I will make my point. The connection is extremely clear, any idiot could have told you that they were in together because they were both radical Islamisists, but the New York times still continues to print all that crap trying to suggest there is no linkage whatsoever. Hell if national security is going to suffer because of those idiots and we (the U.S.) is going to get hit again, then I would rather the NY times get hit, than some innocent people who were not trying to undermine the war on terror all along.
=================================

And who can forget O'Reilly screaming "Shut up! Shut up!" on the air at callers he disagrees with? The right has no more claim on civility than the left does.
----------------------------------------------------
You know I watch Bill O'Reilly almost every night and I have never seen that happen. He has people that he disagrees with on there pretty much everyday and this is not at all a common occurence. I will tell you what I have seen happen a FEW times. A few times there have been people who refuse to answer his question, who come in with a prepared speech of babble that has nothing to do with the subject matter. This as you know is called spinning or the most common tactic political debating for the left. Why? because they are wrong and they know it so rather than concede they just try to talk about something else. Many people hate to watch this and this was Bill O'reilly's basis for his show, to create a "no spin zone" where he would not allow people to do this on his show. I remember years ago telling a freind of mine that I wanted to write a book call answer the question I am asking you. My freind told me that will never work because that is not how people communicate. Well it turns out that it worked for O'reilly. O'reilly clearly states that to be the rule on his show. You can disagree all you want but you need to stick to the subject matter. I.E. you can go in there to spin, its the NO SPIN ZONE.

Dude, don't tell me you're using those celebrities to characterize an entire party. ROSIE O'DONNELL??? She's a major reason not to claim allegiance to the left...

That's all. Back to the "You're mean/No, YOU'RE mean" discussion at hand.

Rosie?

Well, hell, she's just about 3 M&M's away from - HOLY SHIT!

Git'er done!
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

>And there was a mix up with the taped footage, when he was talking
>about Chelsea, the first dog came on the screen.

The actual words he used (this is available on line if you want to verify it) :

"We've all heard of Socks, the White House cat. But did you know that there's also a White House dog?"

He then held up a picture of Chelsea. He later claimed it was a joke one of his staffers pulled on him. Per you, it sounds like he also claimed it was mixed up tape footage. Interesting how his story changes.

>I hadn't heard about this and would probably bet its somewhat out of
>context. But if we think about it for a second the logic is not far fetched.

Like I said, you may well decide there is a good reason for hoping a building in NYC is destroyed by a terrorist. Nevertheless, it is a rude and crass thing to say. Tell a Manhattanite that you hope that a Manhattan building gets blown up by a terrorist and note his reaction - he may decide that it's a crass thing for you to say.

>You know I watch Bill O'Reilly almost every night and I have never
>seen that happen.

From show transcripts, during an interview with a man whose father was killed in the 9/11 attacks -

O'Reilly: "Shut up. Shut up."
Jeremy Glick: "Oh, please don't tell me to shut up."
O'Reilly: "As respect—as respect—in respect for your father, who was a Port Authority worker, a fine American, who got killed unnecessarily by barbarians—"
Glick: "By radical extremists who were trained by this government—"
O'Reilly: "Out of respect for him—"
Glick: "—not the people of America."
O'Reilly: "—I'm not going to—"
Glick: "—the people of the ruling class, the small minority."
O'Reilly: "Cut his mic. I'm not going to dress you down anymore, out of respect for your father. We will be back in a moment with more of The Factor."
Glick: "That means we're done?"
O'Reilly: "We're done."

------------------------------------

O'Reilly: "I don't go running around telling everybody about my sex life, and I don't think you do either, do you?"
Hugh Downs: "No, you don't have to—"
O'Reilly: "So just shut up about it."

----------------------------------------

During a discussion with Al Franken: "Hey, shut up! You had your 35 minutes! Shut up!"

-------------------------------------

Again, no argument as to whether those people were wrong or whatever; telling people to shut up is rude, and is indicative of someone who cannot make their point any other way than silencing the person disagreeing with them.

>I often wonder what it's like to be a liberal.

I know, I know, that's all crazy liberal stuff, but it's nice to be able to run the house during blackouts, keep our trees growing during water shortages and not care much about gas prices.

Of course, we lack some conservative luxuries like a 200-channel cable service (we get about 3 channels) a 72 inch plasma screen TV or a massive SUV, but we seem to survive without those things.

LOL! If your state of Kalifornia was not so pathetically mis-run by loony liberals, maybe you wouldn't have to brave the rolling blackouts and power shortages! Ever think that your liberal friends are causing the liberal necessity of your little generator?

Oh, and uh, doesn't your fellow liberal John Kerry have a big SUV that he likes to deny or pretend he doesn't have?

Do you really speak for all liberals, bill?

-Jeffrey
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Three-year-old Sophia Parlock cries while seated on the shoulders of her father, Phil Parlock, after having their Bush-Cheney sign torn up by Kerry-Edwards supporters on Thursday, Sept. 16, 2004, at the Tri-State Airport in Huntington, WV.

Nice. Another reason I don't want Kerry in the White House. How disgusting.

That's fucked up...She ought to get a WH visit invite from W or Dick as a consolation. I vote Libertarian faithfully, but those who did that are beneath contempt...

disgusting
insane
cowards
biased
angry
bitter
whiny

Um, it was plenty fair to use such words to describe actual actions by liberals that are accurately described as such.

If some liberal protestor had rolled in feces and we said he was a "shit-smelling liberal" would you say we were being "vituperative" for telling it like it is? That's all that was done, here.

-Jeffrey
-
-Jeffrey

I recall Rush Limbaugh calling the president's daughter "the White House dog" on the air. Anne Coulter publically wished that terrorists would blow up the NY Times building in NYC.

I recall that George Clooney rejoiced at the news that Charlton Heston was suffering from the onset of Alzheimer's Disease symptoms, and said that he "deserved whatever happens to him" -- just for being then-president of the NRA.

Just in case you missed a couple of issues of the newsletter, George Clooney is a raving Democrat a la Alec Baldwin.

-Jeffrey
-
-Jeffrey

I guess that's as close as we'll ever come to seeing you admit that the left is uncivil.

I called and got on the Randi Rhoades show (shrieking, empty-headed liberal from NY, in case you never heard of her or she's not on in your area). I called on a gun control issue. She ended up cutting me off, dropping my call, and saying something about how my gun is a penis substitute.

-Jeffrey
-
-Jeffrey

>None. Have any proof of this?

Sure!

Elliott, one of the leading SBVFT, gave Kerry glowing reports in 1969. Some samples of his commendations:

"highly courageous in the face of enemy fire"
"involved in several enemy initiated fire fights"
"exhibited all of the traits desired of an officer in a combat environment."

He said this in 1996:

"The fact that he chased an armed enemy down is not something not to be looked down upon but it was an act of courage. And the whole outfit served with honor.. There was no question that it was above and beyond anything that we had seen down there in that case at that time frame...It just so happened that this one was so outstanding that the Silver Star was eventually awarded."

He said this after he had been paid to change his story:

"However, Kerry's phony war crimes charges, his exaggerated claims about his own service in Vietnam, and his deliberate misrepresentation of the nature and effectiveness of Swift boat operations compels us to step forward."

>More liberal hail mary passes.

Now, see, that's the danger of asking for proof - sometimes you get it.

Now, see, that's the danger of asking for proof - sometimes you get it.

Oh come on Bill -- that's not proof. A videoed interview with him, then countersigned in front of a Republican notary, might be proof. This is just more liberal assertions.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)