rhino

Iraq, got this from a friend.. Interesting..

IRAQ - VERY INTERESTING - DID YOU KNOW?

1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq.

2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq.

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.

10. Amos cried out in Iraq!

11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace!)

14. Belsh! azzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.

17. The wise men were from Iraq.

18. Peter preached in Iraq.

19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon,which was a city in Iraq!

And you have probably seen this one. Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq! However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible. The names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq, means country with deep roots.

Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.

No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated it than Iraq! .

And also... This is something to think about! Since America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages...

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?! God Bless you all Amen !

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.

Isn't Assyria, or at least part of it, what is now called Syria?

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?! God Bless you all Amen !

A little too good to be true.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/quran.asp

Wayne

No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated it than Iraq!

Unless, of course, you are into eastern religions; Hinduism, Buddism, Daoism, Shinto . . . , in which case Iraq is almost totally irrelevant.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

is is surprising that literature that originated in that region of the world mentions that region of the world often?? why? i'm not even sure this qualifies as 'interesting', so much as "Duh"... talk about making stories out of nothing.....:S

I think I too am going to start posting every piece of crap that gets emailed to me to this forum. I don't need to try to verify it--As long as it supports my beliefs, that's good enough for me.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Because the entire last part is just wrong, and modern Egypt is mentioned just as much, (less if you count the area's Isreal once occupied), Modern Syria has just about as many mentions. You look at a map and base the center in Isreal and all the neighboring countries will be mentioned, why is'nt Japan mentioned? Because it was outside the "known world" at that time.

If you forward things with out at least looking to see if any of it is true... I've got a bridge for you that I'm selling.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

They're just mad because their bible (Snopes) hasn't mentioned it yet. I bet you a dollar everyone of them ran to Snopes to check.

Kind of funny actually. You rank on him for believing an email but you all blindly believe Snopes. Sounds like the pot/kettle analogy.

However, yes, the email has some errors.

Forty-two

Nope, I went to the Koran and looked up verse (they really are'nt called verses, they are called ayas) 9:11:

11 But if they repent and are steadfast in prayer and give alms, then they are your brethren in religion- we detail the signs unto a people that do know.
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

Kind of funny actually. You rank on him for believing an email but you all blindly believe Snopes. Sounds like the pot/kettle analogy.

Were any of us wrong?
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Nope, I went to the Koran and looked up verse (they really are'nt called verses, they are called ayas) 9:11:

So did I. There are tons of browsable sites including this one. In fact, the Snopes article itself contains a link to the Koran source so it's not necessary to take it on faith at all. I guess some people have a lower priority than others when it comes to finding out what's true and what's not.

Wayne

Who is the gullible one here? I didn't say I believed it.. Just that I got it from a friend and that is was interesting..

What I REALLY enjoy is posting something silly like this post and watching all the brain wizards and know it alls come out of the wood works thinking they are all that..

When in fact.. They are acting in precisely the manner in which I expected them to...

A comical one...

LOL

"Who's the dummy now? Heee Heee Hee He...

Rhino

lol

Because the entire last part is just wrong, and modern Egypt is mentioned just as much, (less if you count the area's Isreal once occupied), Modern Syria has just about as many mentions. You look at a map and base the center in Isreal and all the neighboring countries will be mentioned, why is'nt Japan mentioned? Because it was outside the "known world" at that time.

Heeee Heee Heee He... lol

"What I REALLY enjoy is posting something silly like this post and watching all the brain wizards and know it alls come out of the wood works thinking they are all that.. "

So your trolling?

Sarge, what about this post is interesting? Iraq AKA Babylon AKA Mesopotamia has been around for a long time? Well D'uh.
Babylon is mentioned often in the Bible, interesting maybe, but significant?

Oh and there's that pish again from you about the eagle, which IIRC you have posted before and it was debunked then as well.

So, are you trolling? I thought better of you than that.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

watching all the brain wizards

And who would they be? Haven't seen anyone remotely close to fitting that description. There's people that think they know everything, but they're usually just Google-Champions.

Sorry, I thought we were all adults here. My bad.

Wayne

Which version of the Koran are you using?

Using the 3 most popular translations into english you get 3 different results:

SHAKIR: But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and We make the communications clear for a people who know.

YUSUFALI: But (even so), if they repent, establish regular prayers, and practise regular charity,- they are your brethren in Faith: (thus) do We explain the Signs in detail, for those who understand.

PICKTHAL: But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then are they your brethren in religion. We detail Our revelations for a people who have knowledge.

The quote you used is from The Immunity 9:11 accourding to Shakir, most scholars use the Pickthal translation, but it varies depending on the translation. I used the version that was on my bookshelf.

Check out USC's online translations for more info: http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com