funks

Fuck the Race Card!

So, you either need to concede that women make less than men because they are women. Or you have to claim that women are generally inferior to men and deserve less pay. Which is it?

Neither-you offer a false choice

Women, on average work fewer hours, are less likely to be able to work odd/long hours.

That is the way it is, on average.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Seriously, as a humanist,

How do you define that?

My Sociology 101 professor made it sound a lot like communism, but that was a long time ago, so please refresh my memory on what that means.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

As a member of the negro community, sir, I ask that you retract your statements against my people. Why you gotta hate? Why you gotta be in bed with da man? You like it in the ass boy, cause you be da man's bitch, ya know what I'm sayin?

I just try to reprezent, and you be hatin...dat ain't coo man. Dat ain't coo. If ya axe me, dat ain't coo.

Quit bringin me down.

-S

Seriously, as a humanist,

How do you define that?

My Sociology 101 professor made it sound a lot like communism, but that was a long time ago, so please refresh my memory on what that means.

Humanism has meant many things over the years. To me, it's pretty simple. We all (men and women) live on this planet together. I believe the only fair way is to work together.

That's about it.

Michael

I will as soon as society and your government stop practicing institutional racisim. That way I won't have to be hit, called names, followed through stores like a criminal, ignored when trying to get seating in a nice restaurant, jacked up and searched by police for walking down the street, pulled over by police for DWB, simply because of the color of my skin

I've often wondered if women can understand what's it like to need to adjust your package now and then. Like if you're just sitting the wrong way and you get pinched, or get a sudden itch, but you can't really reach down and scratch or adjust it in public so you sorta just squirm around, moving your legs around like that might take care of the situation for you(but it never does).

But I guess it's one of those things where you gotta have the balls to really understand how it's like to live with them.

Average salray over the entire range of men and women is useless. You must compare similar jobs. Even then you must deal with the percentages. If 90% of CEO's are men you have to weight the salaries of the women.

Point is this is not easy to prove. Gut feeling is that women still make less than men for the same jobs but it is not 25% less. Frankly the lower you go in pay I suspect the less the percentage differntial is.

[I]edited to fix a typo.[/I]

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes

You need to work on your reading comprehension.

He didn't say their salaries were lower because they may go out on maternity leave indefinitely. He was implying that if a woman took two years off while her male couterpart, who lets for the sake of the argument say was making the same amount as she for the same job, stayed at work, when she came back, he would be two years ahead of her....that could account for the difference in pay.

I am sure that at one point in American history, women were discriminated against. Their pay was less and the likely hood of them getting a job when up against a male applicant was lower.

Things have changed. I interviewed numerous people in the last year for various positions. The pre-interview briefing I was given was intense. All kinds of shit I was told I was not allowed to talk about.

Why?

Companies are terrified of getting sued. Not just because they don't want to lose the money...they can't afford to have their name dragged through the mud.

The social climate has changed. People who are still fighting discrimination that doesn't exist are doing nothing but holding people back and dividing us against ourselves.

Methane Freefly - got stink?

The only way to end the race card is to confront the sons of bitches that play it every single time they attempt one of their bullshit arguments. Race pimps such as $hartpon, Je$$e Jack$on, and Julian Bond disgust me on so many levels it's not even funny.

ahhhh.....lets see Ann Coulter is your hero......Nevermind!!..... your much to smart for me since you just posted the answer to race relations.....it's still hard for me to believe that it's that easy to fix, but I'm kinda slow like that

"Check out the big brain on Brad"

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OHH MY PUSSY HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and guess what, slavery ended 140 years ago. Get the fuck over it.

I will as soon as society and your government stop practicing institutional racisim. That way I won't have to be hit, called names, followed through stores like a criminal, ignored when trying to get seating in a nice restaurant, jacked up and searched by police for walking down the street, pulled over by police for DWB, simply because of the color of my skin

How do you know this shit happens to you because of the color of your skin? >:( Lame excuse if you ask me. I am sure there are PLENTY of black people that this stuff has never happpened to.

Next time I get pulled over by a black cop, or overlooked by a black waiter I am going to start whining that they dont like me just because of the color of my skin....wahhhhhh dont hate me because i am white:P

Oh, and you want to talk about institutional racism? Why is it you or some immigrant from another country can get a governement loan before i can, and the only reason being is because i am a white american????

My reading comprehension skills aren't lacking. Trust me on this one. Now my ability to stay on task, that's a different story.

I was commenting on the idea of maternity leave for years before I went off on a tangent. I know it happens that some women need a lot of time off, but for the majority of women (at least the ones I know) who have a "normal" pregnancy and healthy children, there is no such thing as years of leave to rear your kids. Too many women feel pressured to return to work quickly because of fear of losing their jobs or losing the "edge" that keeps them current. Some women return to find they are no longer welcome at their jobs and have been replaced. I've seen both happen. And I can't tell you how many times I've been told not to mention if I plan on having kids in the near future during residency interviews. Good thing they "technically" can't ask me. They sure as hell don't want to know if we can coordinate children's birthday parties, that's for sure.
To my employers, the time lost for childbirth (even the potential in reproductive age women) makes my equally competitive, equally educated male counterpart look like a much more attractive applicant.

One would have their head in the sand to believe that discrimination doesn't still occur in today's workplace, though more thinly veiled.

Now...if women, in general, do make less per dollar than men, I have to ask Why? What would explain that discrepancy? And, if you reject the information from PhillyKev's sources as incomplete or inaccurate, I postulate that the information came from somewhere and at the very least inspires one to take a closer look.
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

There's only two kinds of people on this earth, US and THEM. To a great extent it is up to you whether you are one of us or one of them.

If you want to bitch about how tough it is to be one side of the black/white divide, I'm sure I can match you case for case, personally, from the other standpoint if I were so inclined. I contend that it's a cop out, and I challenge you to focus on solutions rather than problems.

The "civil rights activists" have a conflict of interest when it comes to resolving differences between groups. In fact, they have a vested interest in keeping the various factions polarized and at each other's throats. If everyone gets along, they're out of a job.

If you think the Government is picking on you - News Flash! the Government fucks over EVERYBODY! That's what they do! Deal with it!

Many (most) movements are based on a combination of real issues and misconceptions/misrepresentations. If it makes you happy to buy into it hook and sinker, knock yourself out.

At the DZ, I'll jump with you if you have a good attitude toward safety and like to have fun. I don't give a rat's ass if you are male, female, Irish, Albanian, Zulu, Tibetan, Shinto, Zoroastrian, Mormon or Animist.

If I won't jump with someone it's because they scare me in the air - even if I like them on the ground. I voted to axe Roger Nelson when he fucked up on a par with other people who had been axed - and I certainly didn't take into account his race, religion or sexual preferences.

If you want to feel sorry for yourself, you are on your own. If you want to let that shit go and join in the festivities, you might note that you really don't have a much tougher time than people who aren't bitching about it.

Blue skies,

Winsor

one other thing...you mention "your government" in your post...isnt it OUR government? The way you posted this is eerily similar to a black person getting pissy when he is referred to as "you people"

Attitudes like yours prevent unity...perhaps you should go check out one of the most recent public statements made by Bill Cosby, you could probably learn alot from it.

I will as soon as society and your government stop practicing institutional racisim.

Institutional racism . . . like Affirmative Action?

Institutional racism . . . like the NAACP?

Institutional racism . . . like Black Entertainment Television (BET)?

Is that what you mean? Please clarify.

That way I won't have to be hit, called names, followed through stores like a criminal, ignored when trying to get seating in a nice restaurant, jacked up and searched by police for walking down the street, pulled over by police for DWB, simply because of the color of my skin

Funny, I'm surrounded by people of all races, and rarely do any of them experience these problems. Is it really so horrible to live in Austin these days, or are you just being a bit melodramatic?

. . =(_8^(1)

My reading comprehension skills aren't lacking. Trust me on this one. Now my ability to stay on task, that's a different story.
[/replpy]

Well, you asked me why you should earn less because you might have a child, when clearly I was pointing to the cases of women (actually gender neutral) that did leave the workforce. This is one of the 3 most obvious components for the .76/$1 delta.

I'd agree it is not wise to state intent to have children to a potential employer. And it definitely can affect promotions. But salaries for the same position for the same experience level, no.

Is it right? Don't think there is an absolute answer to this. Depends on how you value having a family. Some women don't want to do it, and some men are willing to take that role at home.

Last I checked, NOW wasn't a womens' only club. Feel free to join the fight:

If you have Geico car insurance, you can save like 10% on your bill by joining the NAFE, the National Association of Female Executives.

When I was financing my car in college my insurance was really high (like $2000 / year) so I got the $50 NAFE membership fee paid back to me 3 times.

And I got a free subscription to Working Woman magazine! It's funny tho, now I get all kinds of women's catalogs in the mail.

nathaniel
My advice is to do what your parents did; get a job, sir. The bums will always lose. Do you hear me, Lebowski?

How do you know this shit happens to you because of the color of your skin? Lame excuse if you ask me. I am sure there are PLENTY of black people that this stuff has never happpened to.***

I'm in no way confused.........but you might be. First I gave the short list of this kind of shit. Second every time I post something like this I get the "your making this up" reply. Third in order the guy told me it was against god for me to touch white women and thats why he hit me in the back of the head. This was being said as the police took him away. In Dallas the mansion reservations made me and the girlfriend show up and are told there will be a wait sitting at the bar for an hour and a half. I count at least 3 tables that came in after us and were eating by the time I got pissed and left. Taken to jail for sitting in front of my apartment. I left my keys at the bar 40 miles away and couldn't get a hold of Apt. management so I was sitting there when 2 cops came up and arrested me for PI. I show up for a meeting with the DA she wants me to take alchohol awarness class and pay a fine, I whip out my lease and arrest report and show her the adresses on both forms and tell her I will be glad to go to trial end of that case. Walking down Fry St(one of the hangs for UNT) at 12:05 it's legal to drink on the street till 12:15 I turn the corner on to Oak and 2 TABC goons flash badges take my Steinlagar and push me up against the wall and search me illegaly I might add. They give me a ticket for drinking after hours and walk off. Now at the same time there doing this to me people are all around them drinking 2 of them were lawyers they took the ticket and my info and took care of it for me. On my way to coaches course 2 years ago get pulled over he makes me get out of the car sit on the ground says he has to search me in case I have a GRANADE or other weapon then searches my car. Then he calls me in and gives me a ticket for not having my license and lets me go. I'm sure you have a "black friend" go ask him or go ask random black people otherwise you have not the slightest clue what the fuck your talking about.

***Next time I get pulled over by a black cop, or overlooked by a black waiter I am going to start whining that they dont like me just because of the color of my skin....wahhhhhh dont hate me because i am white

your more than welcome to at no point did I whine when the shit happened to me and I wasn't whining when I made my reply to you. Just a simple statement of facts in response to your big whiney post. I wouldn't hate you because your white, because there are probably much better reasons to hate you.

Oh, and you want to talk about institutional racism? Why is it you or some immigrant from another country can get a governement loan before i can, and the only reason being is because i am a white american???? ***

ROTFLOL...........Show me the numbers

There's only two kinds of people on this earth, US and THEM. To a great extent it is up to you whether you are one of us or one of them.

If you want to bitch about how tough it is to be one side of the black/white divide, I'm sure I can match you case for case, personally, from the other standpoint if I were so inclined. I contend that it's a cop out, and I challenge you to focus on solutions rather than problems.

The "civil rights activists" have a conflict of interest when it comes to resolving differences between groups. In fact, they have a vested interest in keeping the various factions polarized and at each other's throats. If everyone gets along, they're out of a job.

If you think the Government is picking on you - News Flash! the Government fucks over EVERYBODY! That's what they do! Deal with it!

Many (most) movements are based on a combination of real issues and misconceptions/misrepresentations. If it makes you happy to buy into it hook and sinker, knock yourself out.

At the DZ, I'll jump with you if you have a good attitude toward safety and like to have fun. I don't give a rat's ass if you are male, female, Irish, Albanian, Zulu, Tibetan, Shinto, Zoroastrian, Mormon or Animist.

If I won't jump with someone it's because they scare me in the air - even if I like them on the ground. I voted to axe Roger Nelson when he fucked up on a par with other people who had been axed - and I certainly didn't take into account his race, religion or sexual preferences.

If you want to feel sorry for yourself, you are on your own. If you want to let that shit go and join in the festivities, you might note that you really don't have a much tougher time than people who aren't bitching about it.

What a bunch of non sequiter bullshit. I didn't bitch or whine so don't spin it out like I was. I simply stated facts. Us and Them huh?.......it's that easy all I have to do is join "them" fuck I wish someone would have told me that a long time ago. Please tell me the solution to a 4 year old child calling me nigger how do I fix that? take her away from her parents and never let them reproduce again?

I don't give a fuck if you ever jump with me or what your reasons were if you didn't I never mentioned skydiving in my post you just threw that out there. More spin? Oh by the way you can go fuck yourself (twice even) if you think I'm about feeling sorry for myself once agian I notice that I'm accused of felling sorry for myself or being melodramatic but not the person who started this thread explain that shit to me

How do you know this shit happens to you because of the color of your skin? Lame excuse if you ask me. I am sure there are PLENTY of black people that this stuff has never happpened to.***

I'm in no way confused.........but you might be. First I gave the short list of this kind of shit. Second every time I post something like this I get the "your making this up" reply. Third in order the guy told me it was against god for me to touch white women and thats why he hit me in the back of the head. This was being said as the police took him away. In Dallas the mansion reservations made me and the girlfriend show up and are told there will be a wait sitting at the bar for an hour and a half. I count at least 3 tables that came in after us and were eating by the time I got pissed and left. Taken to jail for sitting in front of my apartment. I left my keys at the bar 40 miles away and couldn't get a hold of Apt. management so I was sitting there when 2 cops came up and arrested me for PI. I show up for a meeting with the DA she wants me to take alchohol awarness class and pay a fine, I whip out my lease and arrest report and show her the adresses on both forms and tell her I will be glad to go to trial end of that case. Walking down Fry St(one of the hangs for UNT) at 12:05 it's legal to drink on the street till 12:15 I turn the corner on to Oak and 2 TABC goons flash badges take my Steinlagar and push me up against the wall and search me illegaly I might add. They give me a ticket for drinking after hours and walk off. Now at the same time there doing this to me people are all around them drinking 2 of them were lawyers they took the ticket and my info and took care of it for me. On my way to coaches course 2 years ago get pulled over he makes me get out of the car sit on the ground says he has to search me in case I have a GRANADE or other weapon then searches my car. Then he calls me in and gives me a ticket for not having my license and lets me go. I'm sure you have a "black friend" go ask him or go ask random black people otherwise you have not the slightest clue what the fuck your talking about.

***Next time I get pulled over by a black cop, or overlooked by a black waiter I am going to start whining that they dont like me just because of the color of my skin....wahhhhhh dont hate me because i am white

your more than welcome to at no point did I whine when the shit happened to me and I wasn't whining when I made my reply to you. Just a simple statement of facts in response to your big whiney post. I wouldn't hate you because your white, because there are probably much better reasons to hate you.

Oh, and you want to talk about institutional racism? Why is it you or some immigrant from another country can get a governement loan before i can, and the only reason being is because i am a white american???? ***

ROTFLOL...........Show me the numbers

First off, the government does give preferential treatment to minorities when giving out loans. That is a simple fact. Ever heard of an 8A company? The government is required to give a certain percentage of contracts to 8A firms. 8A firms are companies owned by minorities. I hope you dont argue this fact, that is well known information.

Secondly, the only event in your post that could be tied to skin color is the white woman comment. Sorry to hear that happened, their are all kinds of assholes in this world. However, the same happens to white people, asian people, indian people, etc...

There is no way of knowing whether or not all the other unfortunate incidents were actually because of your skin color. This has been my point exactly, i am tired of people automatically assuming that if something doesnt go right for them it is because of their skin color.

As far as the 4 year old calling you a nigger goes, shit like that does suck. Same as it would for me being called a cracker by a smartass black kid.

My bet is the second the black community stops letting shit like this bother them will be when it all stops happening.

Why dont you ever hear about asian people bitching about being called gooks? or what about the stigma jewish people have of being cheap? They dont bitch about that. And if you want to talk about a certain races right to bitch about atrocities (sp?) I think the jewish people have the black community beaten hands down. But guess what, there is something called moving on with life.

My bet is the second the black community stops letting shit like this bother them will be when it all stops happening.

That would be the Black Panthers - armed themselves and stopped taking shit from the police. Didn't quite work out well, but was certainly an improvement.

Why dont you ever hear about asian people bitching about being called gooks? or what about the stigma jewish people have of being cheap? They dont bitch about that. And if you want to talk about a certain races right to bitch about atrocities (sp?) I think the jewish people have the black community beaten hands down. But guess what, there is something called moving on with life.

You've never heard from the ADL or any of the Asian community groups? They certainly are still around to complain when others do or say offensive actions.

As for Holocaust being the worst attrocity of all time, "hands down," not ready to agree with you there. Man has done lots of evil. Certainly the most recent, but how do you measure centuries of slavery of many millions? Lynchings were common and effectively legal until not long back.

What a bunch of non sequiter bullshit. I didn't bitch or whine so don't spin it out like I was.

It sure as hell sounds like bitching to me. Please clarify how what you have to sey is the tiniest bit positive, so that youi don't lump yourself with other nattering nabobs of negativity.

I simply stated facts. Us and Them huh?.......it's that easy all I have to do is join "them" fuck I wish someone would have told me that a long time ago.

Consider yourself informed.

Please tell me the solution to a 4 year old child calling me nigger how do I fix that? take her away from her parents and never let them reproduce again?

Since 100% of the 4 year olds I have heard use the term "nigger" were negroes themselves, I wouldn't sweat it. Your suggestion that their parents be kept from having further children would have a host of "civil rights" organizations on your case in short order.

I don't give a fuck if you ever jump with me or what your reasons were if you didn't I never mentioned skydiving in my post you just threw that out there.

Uh, it's a skydiving website. I thought it was topical.

More spin? Oh by the way you can go fuck yourself (twice even) if you think I'm about feeling sorry for myself once agian I notice that I'm accused of felling sorry for myself or being melodramatic but not the person who started this thread explain that shit to me

Poor baby. Evarybody's being mean to you.

Next time I get pulled over by a black cop, or overlooked by a black waiter I am going to start whining that they dont like me just because of the color of my skin

Well if it's true it's true.
Just because you personally wouldn't complain that's your choice.

But don't put down other people for taking a stand.

Fuck Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

So when Black people are being treated unfairly or unjust what should we do?

Or better yet answer this Hypothetical for me. What would you do if you learned that the school board spends $75,000 per child in the predominately black school district? but only spends $35,000 in the predominately white district in which your child attends.

Blue Skies Black Death

completely off the subject here. But the reason there's a huge difference in spending in school districts is the fact that the richer districts are able to. in most places funding for schools comes from local property taxes as well as state and federal. In poorer areas where everybody rents and has no real assets to be taxed, there is just no money. It has to come from state and federal only.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Please tell me the solution to a 4 year old child calling me nigger how do I fix that? take her away from her parents and never let them reproduce again?

Ignore it, kinda like a 4 yearold that might call me an asshole.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.