JohnRich

Hot Dog Toppings vs. Political Affiliation

In the news:

A National Hotdog Council survey of U.S. Representatives and Senators in 2000 found a deep split in topping preferences along party lines, with 73 percent of Republican lawmakers choosing mustard, compared with 47 percent of Democrat lawmakers, of whom 35 percent preferred ketchup.

Savannah Morning News

Which condiment do you prefer on your hot dogs, and what is your party affiliation?

Sorry, chili is not an option here...

Now that's a waste of time.

Just think of the gun you could have this info. Imagine going out to lunch with some work associates, eating hot dogs. From watching what toppings they choose, you might be able to guess their political affiliation. Then ask them and see if you are correct. They might be amazed at your astute insight!

Just think of the gun you could have this info. Imagine going out to lunch with some work associates, eating hot dogs. From watching what toppings they choose, you might be able to guess their political affiliation. Then ask them and see if you are correct. They might be amazed at your astute insight!

Ok...ask me if I care. :D

Just think of the gun you could have this info.

Freudian slip, I'm sure...?

Well, that's an interesting thought. But the "G" is right next to the "F" on the keyboard, so I'm going to blame it on just a ham-handed typographical error.

> but...but... I like Ketchup AND Mustard!

Pervert.

Watch those quippy personal attacks there, bub!:P:P:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I like Ketchup AND Mustard!

You're highly disturbed.

Acceptable topings are:
Mustard
Kraut
Onions
Relish
Chili
Cheese
Sour Cream
Pickles
Tomatoes
Celery Salt
Cole Slaw

But most definately NOT Ketchup.

You save that for Onion Rings and Corn Dogs.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Did anyone watch Last Comic Standing last night? LOL, one of the comedians jokingly suggested John Kerry is working too hard in his campaign and should have just put out one commercial just before the election announcing, "I'm John Kerry and I didn't want to have to do this, but if you don't vote for me, I'm taking away all the ketchup!" :D Based on the national hotdog council survey (was anyone else aware of an actual COUNCIL for hotdogs??), it wouldn't be efficacious, now would it?

As for me...I like ketchup, but sometimes I like mustard. OH and sometimes I like both. And I'm a democrat, but sometimes I vote republican. And sometimes, I vote both ways in multi-candidate elections.

So, what does that make me? And what if you eat a soy-dog, does that affect the survey? :P
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

There's a hardcore Irish pub around the corner. It's a total dive and Guiness and Harp are $3.35 a pint. You can get 2 hot dogs for a dollar. That is unless you ask for ketchup on them. Then you get nothing. Ketchup is considered an English condiment there for some reason that I have yet to figure out.

Now that's a waste of time.

Almost as much of a waste of time as popping in to say that's a waste of time, and not even contributing a vote or opinion.

I said Republican/Mustard, even though I'm not strictly a "Republican." I just tend to choose their candidates because they're less often anti-gun.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

No, no, no, you silly Canadiadian.

Terrorists are all about the chili cheese dogs with onions. :P

No, terrorists are all about pigs in a blanket, so that in case the pig the hot dog was made from happened to have been female, you aren't able to see it! :P

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"