Air-Addict

Skydivers Against Misinformation

maybe there are some People Against Misinormation, that also happen to be skydivers, that would like to be around other "People" who skydive and want to help bring about change at the same time

PERFECT, there you go Air-Addict! very cool of you to understand B|*

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

"Skydivers for P.E.T.A" or "Skydivers for Aligator Wrestling" organization, they should be able to. I don't think it will affect the rest of us in the slightest. This is S.T.U.P.I.D!

PETA and Alligator Wrestling (that's funny btw :D) are small as oppose to the President of the United States :)
BUT, i understand what you are saying pajarito :)

~ meL* Pink Mafia / Tunnel Mafia Sister

Skydivers Against Misinformation would be a good name for a group dedicated to dispelling skydiving myths. Lobby Hollywood, inform the press, etc...

Art
Sky-div'ing (ski'div'ing) n. A modern sport that involves parties, bragging, sexual excesses, the imbibing of large quantities of beer, and, on rare occasions, parachuting from aircraft.

where would I fall in?

If you were jumping with Southern Skydivers Against Yankee Ladies, where you would fall in depends on how well you spot.

:D:D:D:D
Oh Sh!t, :oI'm screwed.:S

Isn't there an "all natural" store run by Miss Information?

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

This idea seems to have been handled very well already by others. I'll just go on record that I am very against the idea. There is no need for skydivers/skydiving to attempt to align itself politically. I think it would be a very bad thing for people of any particular specific political persuasion to appropriate "skydiving" for their own ends, as though they own the concept in a proprietary sense. That would be taking things utterly in the wrong direction, and very soon afterwards you'd have "Skydivers Making Advances to Combat Kerry" (S.M.A.C.K.) and a hundred other groups, and skydivers would be factionalized and hating each other over bullshit.

Shitcan this idea, please. It's the only thing right to do.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Just in case someone has not seen my earlier "back-pedal" I do agree that the word "Skydiver" should be omitted from the monicker. However, I would like to participate in these types of activities with people I can relate to, ie: SKYDIVERS.

THIS IS A SKYDIVER FORUM ISN'T IT?

Just in case someone has not seen my earlier "back-pedal" I do agree that the word "Skydiver" should be omitted from the monicker. However, I would like to participate in these types of activities with people I can relate to, ie: SKYDIVERS.

THIS IS A SKYDIVER FORUM ISN'T IT?

Yes it is. The wuffo population already thinks we are all crazy, so how do you think they will precieve a group that portrays itself as anti-Bush?

Hell, skydiving is full of cliques and politics. You don't have to join his group, and if everyone else agrees with you, there won't be a group.

And we all hate the politics inseperable from skydiving -
Don't you think that there is already enough.

P.S. Why alienate one of our own anyway?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

GEE... I DON'T KNOW... UNAPATHETIC!

What? Dude, you really need to speak up when you type!

Heh, nice generalization. In my neck of the woods I would say the overall majority of jumpers tend to be conservatives.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

GEE... I DON'T KNOW... UNAPATHETIC!

What? Dude, you really need to speak up when you type!

Heh, nice generalization. In my neck of the woods I would say the overall majority of jumpers tend to be conservatives.

I think that's generally the case seeing as how skydiving originated with the military.

Troll Post????

Doesn't Care About DZ.Com????

Tell me... what do you hold so dear about your beloved DZ.Com that you are quick to persecute those who mention things on it that do not directly reflect your own opinions? You are a great spokesperson for such a free-willed forum.

Troll Post????

Tell me... what do you hold so dear about your beloved DZ.Com that you are quick to persecute those who mention things on it that do not directly reflect your own opinions? You are a great spokesperson for such a free-willed forum.

Well, First, - knee-jerk reactions to simple observations that don't favor the troll is one way to alienate yourself.

Second - It is great that you are empathetic enough to not involve the general term of skydiving in with your Bush Hating. That is not something I would want to be associated with. I would actually feel degraded to be put in that category.

An analogy would be similar to "Skydivers Against Gays" I wouldn't think that would qualify as either of our belief systems, but there it is, and skydiving would be hurt, nonetheless, by it's referance to all of us.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

Troll Post????

Maybe it's just scorn and irritation at someone who thought it would be a great idea to fragment skydivers along political lines, and open the floodgates to a whole lot more divisiveness.

To be frank, I found the suggestion pretty much offensive. I withheld most of the venom I wanted to put into my original reply.

I think that because of the fact that your initial impulse was to start a divisive group, it seemed to me to reflect much of what I see modern Democrats standing for these days: divisiveness, rancor, and spite. The kind of attitude of "if we're not the ones leading the country into prosperity and health, we don't want the country headed there at all."

Of course, that's just my view, but I'm sure a lot of people share it.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

It seemed to me to reflect much of what I see modern Democrats standing for these days: divisiveness, rancor, and spite.

And this is a Democrat trait? Anyone else see the irony in this post? Democrats are PEOPLE, just like Republicans, and some of each are going to be divisive (ahem) and spiteful. It is NOT a characteristic of Democrats alone. Geez, people. Stop overgenralizing, especially in favor of your own fucked up party. And by that, I mean BOTH PARTIES.

Kelly

It seemed to me to reflect much of what I see modern Democrats standing for these days: divisiveness, rancor, and spite.

And this is a Democrat trait? Anyone else see the irony in this post? Democrats are PEOPLE, just like Republicans, and some of each are going to be divisive (ahem) and spiteful. It is NOT a characteristic of Democrats alone. Geez, people. Stop overgenralizing, especially in favor of your own fucked up party. And by that, I mean BOTH PARTIES.

Kelly

There are only 2?
Who'd have thought?:)