pyke

I'm Sorry, but Bush HAS 2 GO!!

If the only two names on the ballot were "George W. Bush" and "Sock Monkey," I'd vote for Sock Monkey.

Thus demonstrating that the Democrats are not at all interested in benefiting the country, just hating George W. Bush.

Thanks for making clear how intellectually bankrupt your position is.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

You know what's really funny, Mr Bush belong's to a pagan society(skull and bone's ) yet he claim's to be a christian serving the LORD.
Have you ever heard the saying
WOLF IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING !!

You know that John Kerry belongs to Skull and Bones as well dont you?
The Democratic party supports the killing of unborn children. Thats fairly pagan.:S

but facts are facts,

Yes, the identity priciple still is valid, 1=1, 10=10.

But, facts are facts only when they actually are facts. MM asserted a lot of things in his comedy that are not facts.

Do you believe in the Bermuda Triangle "facts"?

One should not believe everything you hear, and not much at all of what MM says.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

"Could you provide a few links so I can read about it. No wacko sites please."

Its easy, google for Bush Skull and bones, you'll get plenty of respectable sites,
eg
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/02/01/wyale01.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/02/01/ixnewstop.html from the UK's Telegraph (albeit a right wing media source, its usually fairly accurate).

I found this stuff out while investigating claims that Bush's grampa was found guilty of doing deals with the Nazis. Again Google Prescott Bush......
http://www.nhgazette.com/cgi-bin/NHGstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=NN_Bush_Nazi_2 He was also a 'Bonesman', and I make no claims over the reliability of this particular factoid (the Nazi dealings thing).

Back to the Skull and Bones society, to be fair it looks like student high jinks, oh, and Kerry was a member also, if thats any compensation.:)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

If the only two names on the ballot were "George W. Bush" and "Sock Monkey," I'd vote for Sock Monkey.

Thus demonstrating that the Democrats are not at all interested in benefiting the country, just hating George W. Bush.

-

Erroneous logic. First, you don't know that BZ is a Democrat. Second, removing a harmful influence and replacing it with something benign IS an improvement.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

ALL PEOPLE SHARING THE SAME EQUALITY, ALWAYS. So, who wasn't included??

Y
Lest we NEVER FORGET that we are a DEMOCRACY

Nothing personal just stating some facts:

The constitution declares we are "all CREATED equally" not that we must all LIVE equally...thats communism..

Since you're in favor of facts, please tell where that quoted phrase is found in the Constitution.

Were you by any chance thinking of the Declaration of Independence? "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal"

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

also the beggar at the corner of Wal-Mart has 20 times the military experience than Kerry or Bush...does that make him a better candidate than Kerry then????

He probably is, but unless voting for him will unseat the greatest threat to our nation since the end of the cold war from office, my vote is still going to Kerry.

Humour moment...

I just had an image (damn you Dr John Rosalia for teaching me to visualise) of an out of work, down on his luck Bush, with a sign saying....
"Will govern for food"
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

I guess you slept right through the fuckin' CLINTON administration.

It amazes me to watch how all these almighty and all knowing Republicans on dz.com don't realize Bush isn't running against Clinton. Because, every argument ends with Clinton was/is worse.

Pretty sad when you have to prop up your Master against some one who he isn't even competing against.

This also goes for all the closet republicans who hide behind the libertarian curtain.

"Could you provide a few links so I can read about it. No wacko sites please."

Its easy, google for Bush Skull and bones, you'll get plenty of respectable sites,
eg
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/02/01/wyale01.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/02/01/ixnewstop.html from the UK's Telegraph (albeit a right wing media source, its usually fairly accurate).

I found this stuff out while investigating claims that Bush's grampa was found guilty of doing deals with the Nazis. Again Google Prescott Bush......
http://www.nhgazette.com/cgi-bin/NHGstore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogno=NN_Bush_Nazi_2 He was also a 'Bonesman', and I make no claims over the reliability of this particular factoid (the Nazi dealings thing).

Back to the Skull and Bones society, to be fair it looks like student high jinks, oh, and Kerry was a member also, if thats any compensation.:)

Thanks for the links. I've previously done some reading on Skull and Bones and nothing I've ever read refers to them as a Pagan Society. I was pretty sure this was just more election season hysterics.

Pretty sad when you have to prop up your Master against some one who he isn't even competing against.

Kind of like the Democrats (Kerry) vs. Rush Limbaugh. :D

By the way, Clinton may not be running but he's got a whole lot of influence in the success or failure of the Democrat candidate. He's far from gone and is also a viable target.

Ah sorry, you were looking for confirmation of the Pagan statement, nope can't help you.
I'd never fault anyone for upholding their own religious beliefs though, even if they change that belief system later.

Whats the poop on Grampa's Nazi dealings story though?
Substantial or a storm in a teacup? Or is this more pre-election mud slinging?
--------------------

Ah sorry, you were looking for confirmation of the Pagan statement, nope can't help you.
I'd never fault anyone for upholding their own religious beliefs though, even if they change that belief system later.

Whats the poop on Grampa's Nazi dealings story though?
Substantial or a storm in a teacup? Or is this more pre-election mud slinging?

You know... I get to the point sometimes where I just get tired of putting in the time to try and track down the truth about everything. My guess is this ranks up there with the "Clinton is using an airstrip in Texas to bring drugs into the country. He's connected with the Cali Cartel"

Thanks for the links. I've previously done some reading on Skull and Bones and nothing I've ever read refers to them as a Pagan Society. I was pretty sure this was just more election season hysterics.

Would be pretty stupid to us that in any way during the elesction, since Kerry IIRC is part of Skull and Bones as well.

Too many conspiracies, not enough time.;)

I hear Ya
Have a good weekend folks, its beer time this side of the pond.B|
--------------------

they were thinking about ALL PEOPLE SHARING THE SAME EQUALITY, ALWAYS. So, who wasn't included??

They were also thinking about "One Nation under God".. meaning that man alone can not accomplish a task such as this without God's help.

Actually, we are a Representative Republic. Democracy is the basic idea, but we have to elect representatives in order to be heard.. at least where it counts. It seems that those representatives vote more along the lines of what benefits their career, rather than what the majority of their constituants express.
We are too big to be a true democracy.
I've always thought we should be represented demographically as opposed to geographically.. in order for a true majority vote. That idea probably isn't perfect either.

edit: ok so I didnt read nick's post before writing my own, but at least I'm not the only one who knows we aren't a democracy.

OK here is a scenerio....

Election Day 2004: Huge Al Queda attack in Boston, MA.
All of Eastern MA is shut down. Eastern MA is notoriously Liberal and western MA is much more conservative.

The country votes and Bush leads by a very small margin. The MA results come in .... Kerry's own state, and the results show Bush wins MA. Why? Because of the attack 75% of the voting population couldn't get to vote.

So, what happens?????

The Liberals cry foul say Bush really wasn't elected and they spend months in court tring to figure it out!!!!

Careful What you wish for.
I personally think a "Back-up" plan is a good idea.

Chris

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

ALL PEOPLE SHARING THE SAME EQUALITY, ALWAYS. So, who wasn't included??

Y

Nothing personal just stating some facts:

The constitution declares we are "all CREATED equally" not that we must all LIVE equally...thats communism..

Since you're in favor of facts, please tell where that quoted phrase is found in the Constitution.

Were you by any chance thinking of the Declaration of Independence? "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal"

Yes sorry thats what I mean't the "Declaration of Independance" ... Honest mistake.

It amazes me to watch how all these almighty and all knowing Republicans on dz.com don't realize Bush isn't running against Clinton. Because, every argument ends with Clinton was/is worse.

It's hard to compaign against the record of a guy who doesn't show up often in the Senate anymore. Makes plenty of sense to bring up the memory of the last guy from that party. The Democrats certainly will continue to point out the similiarities between Bush and his dad's single term.

But on matters that people care most about (jobs), bringing up the spectre of Clinton given the roaring economy the last 3 years have seen doesn't strike me as the best course of action.

The Democrats certainly will continue to point out the similiarities between Bush and his dad's single term.

Really, I don't recall anyone doing that at all. Can you point out the post?

Makes plenty of sense to bring up the memory of the last guy from that party.

Actually, it doesn't, that's why it confuses us why it keeps getting brought up. It makes as much sense as Johnny Cochran saying "If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit"

But on matters that people care most about (jobs), bringing up the spectre of Clinton given the roaring economy the last 3 years have seen doesn't strike me as the best course of action.

Not that would be a legitimate discussion. But constantly bringing up Clinton getting a blow job really doesn't have any bearing whatsoever on the current campaign.

The Democrats certainly will continue to point out the similiarities between Bush and his dad's single term.

Really, I don't recall anyone doing that at all. Can you point out the post?

I said Democrats, not Democrat posters.

Makes plenty of sense to bring up the memory of the last guy from that party.

Actually, it doesn't, that's why it confuses us why it keeps getting brought up. It makes as much sense as Johnny Cochran saying "If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit"

You're wrong. Presidential performance is based on more than just the one guy. The 200-300some people from the party in Congress are a big part of it, and looking back 4 years to how they did that time is highly relevent.

What comes to my mind is that between 93 and 95, with a majority in both chambers, Clinton still couldn't get things done. The Senate democrats ran in fear of the fillibuster.

-

Erroneous logic. First, you don't know that BZ is a Democrat. Second, removing a harmful influence and replacing it with something benign IS an improvement.

How exactly would it be "benign" to elect an inanimate sock monkey to the office of the president? The office would essentially be vacant, and none of its responsibilities to the country fulfilled. You call that "benign"? Your claim that electing a sock monkey president would be benign is false.

And I was not really implying that he was a Democrat specifically -- we all know that the new Democrat mantra is "Anybody but Bush," so he accusation against Dems fits.

-
-Jeffrey

This also goes for all the closet republicans who hide behind the libertarian curtain.

Oooh, "let that be a lesson to us. This goes for all of us!" :S

There's nothing invalid about pointing out the ridiculousness of someone who gripes about Bush's "ego" while making no mention of the monumental one that Bill Clinton had (has). This has nothing to do with who is running against whom. You appear to be confused.

-
-Jeffrey

It's hard to compaign against the record of a guy who doesn't show up often in the Senate anymore....

Lets see the last to presidents were goveners before being elected, then the guy before that was vice-president, then another couple of govenors. Just what should a senator or representaitive do while campaigning? How much time to the previous winners spend doing their "jobs" before being elected?

Got to agree with that, things have just been taking off in the last three years. Anyone up for burger flipping?>:(

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes