peacefuljeffrey

We need a GUN thread: What are you gonna buy when the AWB expires?

Some cheap hi-caps for my Glocks...probably a couple nice rifles, or a couple cheapies to have fun with, I haven't decided yet.B|

I know what I'm buying dad for christmas, though!B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Except in the case of Glock's 100rd magazine...THAT is a hi-cap.

Ever see the 100 round barrel mag for the M-4?

Jammed a lot, but what a rush.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Many are flat-topped for scopes, which I don't really want. I'll have some decision making to do.

The flat tops are better, you can add a handle, or any number of scopes...

Mine has a flat top with a red dot scope, and a flip up rear sight post incase the battery in the red dot dies.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Mine has a flat top with a red dot scope, and a flip up rear sight post incase the battery in the red dot dies.

Did you shoot with both eyes open before getting the red dot or did you need to adjust to that? How do you like the red dot in general Never used one but they intrigue me.

I'm looking at getting a higher capisity clip for my pre-ban AR-15. I heard rumors of a 100 round drum that I am starting to look into more. I'd like to pick up a nice .50 cal rifle too but thats a bit pricey still for me.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Did you shoot with both eyes open before getting the red dot or did you need to adjust to that? How do you like the red dot in general Never used one but they intrigue me.

Depends...If I am close shooting with multiple targets, say CQB. I keep both eyes open. Past 100-150 meters single target or point shot, I close my left eye. Think sniper.

I like the red dot for day, close range, multiple threats...But in low light it can be harder to get a fix on a target...

Try one they are FUN.

Those are kinda neat.... but I always thougt, what's the point... gimmi a short barrel M249.

Agreed no point, but we were given them to see if the Army should buy them...the idea was to be able to turn the standard M-4 into a weapon with similar abilities as the SAW...However it jammed a lot and they didn't clear very easily making a bad choice for combat...

But it was fun.

I'm also curious as to the modification of post ban weapons. I have a post ban Bushmaster "shorty", but I hate the A2 stock on it. I would like to put a collapsible or an A1 stock on it. I know theres only a 1 inch difference in the A1 and A2, but it really helps with my sight picture as I am a small person. As far as new toys go, I just want to modify what I have.

Sorry no Norinco for you. Still banned under 922R. No Chinese parts kits or firearms can be imported.
Too bad, you can buy good Norinco M1 Garand copies in Canada for less than 400CAN.:S
As a matter of fact all AK variants are banned from import. You can have one built on an imported parts kit on a US made reciever, complying of course with the US parts count rule.;)
Ohio Rapid Fire is building milled AK receivers that are schweet! They have the parts kits as well if you want to roll your own or else they'll build one up for you.

Anyone know if you will be able to modify a post-ban mini-14?

That's a really good question. I hadn't thought of it, but I would like to add the flash suppressor and bayonet lug to my post-ban AR-15... I wonder if it's a simple thing to put add-ons on...

-

Easiest way to do that is a barrel swap. Threading a barrel and changing a front sight is gunsmith work.
A barrel swap is a ten minute job with a vise, receiver block and armorer's tool.
I've built three ARs and its quite simple.B|

ETA: I forgot you need a roll pin punch to re and re the gas tube.
As far as the mini goes its a different animal because it has no pistol grip. Without a PG it can already have another evil feature like folding stock or flash hider or bayo lug. After the sunset, go nuts but I recommend you by an AR.;)

I think it's fair to say that it is implied that I am making a request, here.

Now... hmm... probably an SPAS 15. That would show those clay pigeons.... damn wait - I can already own one. B| Cool - guess I'll start saving.... they're about a grand.[:/]

Er.... ok, if gun legislation were relaxed or I lived in the US I'd have to go retro. I've always liked WWII weaponry and used to own a deactivated BREN gun. A very beautiful weapon, it would be nice to fire one. I guess it would fire much like my old SMLE No.4 though.

Perhaps a Sterling MkIII too - before the post-war refinements, a nice big heavy lump of metal with a side magazine. Or maybe an MP38 or 40, that would be a nice piece of history.

I believe the SPAS is covered by 922R as well thats why they are so expensive. The rest of your wishlist is NFA stuff and legally transferable NFA weapons are going thru the roof due to the 86 ban. M16s are around ten grand and rising. An MP40....well good luck unless you win powerball.
I believe you can get semi auto Sterlings modified to fire from closed bolt and perhaps the same for the Bren. Decently priced belt fed semi 1919s can be had for under 2 grand.