Gravitymaster

Are people being abducted by UFO's?

But quite frankly, I'm already sceptical on the abduction issue, so its going to have to be robust, and I may have to enlist a third party to check the evidence,

My only question is, why do they always abduct rednecks from Pensacola? Why not someone a little more high-profile? Marion Barry would be good. Or Madonna?

It's always... "They said they flew millions of miles across the majesty of space, the planets, and the universe because my butt orifice was no interesting. I'm thinkin' of starting a theme park."

According to the big bang theory, favored by many scientists, the universe is between 10 and 20 billion years old.
At present the universe is believed to be at least 10 billion light-years in diameter.
That makes our solar system 42,700,000,000,000 times smaller than the whole universe.
The universe is full of stars, arranged in galaxies. Our Sun is one star among 100 billion in the Milky Way Galaxy. And there are about 100 billion galaxies in the universe, each with a comparable number of stars.
With some simple math, we can figure out the total number of stars in the universe:
(100 billion stars/galaxy) x (100 billion galaxies) = (100 x 10^9) x (100 x 10^9) = 10^22 stars
How many is that? The number of stars in the universe is more than the number of grains of sand on all the beaches of the entire Earth! More stars than there are grains of sand!
So far no life has been discovered on any other planet but when you ponder on the number of stars that there are, it seems inevitable that there will be life on other planets.

Lets just hope humans don't taste like interstellar chicken!!

-------------

According to the big bang theory, favored by many scientists, the universe is between 10 and 20 billion years old.
At present the universe is believed to be at least 10 billion light-years in diameter.
That makes our solar system 42,700,000,000,000 times smaller than the whole universe.
The universe is full of stars, arranged in galaxies. Our Sun is one star among 100 billion in the Milky Way Galaxy. And there are about 100 billion galaxies in the universe, each with a comparable number of stars.
With some simple math, we can figure out the total number of stars in the universe:
(100 billion stars/galaxy) x (100 billion galaxies) = (100 x 10^9) x (100 x 10^9) = 10^22 stars
How many is that? The number of stars in the universe is more than the number of grains of sand on all the beaches of the entire Earth! More stars than there are grains of sand!
So far no life has been discovered on any other planet but when you ponder on the number of stars that there are, it seems inevitable that there will be life on other planets.

You're onto something there. Take a look at the Drake equation
http://www.setileague.org/general/drake.htm. Basically proves that there is life out there, but are we going to see or communicate with it. Not likely. The universe is too damn big.

-------------

This observation works in reverse, though:
If we, orbiting our puny little insignificant sun, are among all these billions to the billionth power stars, why do we feel it is so likely that intelligent life that originated from any other star would manage to find us orbiting ours?? The odds are astronomically against.

Even if they were sitting at home, planning their trip, with a telescope that could see every single star and planet in the universe, if they took only one second to look at every potential destination planet, it would take them billions of years to analyze data from every single viewed planet, even if they had a set of accurate criteria for use in screening out planets not worth visiting.

And yet, people here on earth think it's unassailably true that alien visitors have arrived here, interacted with humans, and maybe even been captured by our military (and of course concealed).

Blue skies,
-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

"I have recently been presented "Undisputable Evidence" Aliens from outer space are abducting people. What is your opinion? "

I'd say show us the evidence, so we might be empowered to make our own minds up about it.B|

But quite frankly, I'm already sceptical on the abduction issue, so its going to have to be robust, and I may have to enlist a third party to check the evidence, and any associated rationale. Depending on the nature of the evidence.....:)B|

Why not have Michael Moore's "fact checkers" look into it for you?
:D:S:P

-
-Jeffrey

But quite frankly, I'm already sceptical on the abduction issue, so its going to have to be robust, and I may have to enlist a third party to check the evidence,

My only question is, why do they always abduct rednecks from Pensacola? Why not someone a little more high-profile? Marion Barry would be good. Or Madonna?

It's always... "They said they flew millions of miles across the majesty of space, the planets, and the universe because my butt orifice was no interesting. I'm thinkin' of starting a theme park."

Or, as Kang put it to Homer Simpson, "STOP! We have reached the limit of what rectal probing can teach us!"
:D

Blue skies,
-
-Jeffrey

Here is the "Undisputable Proof" I was offered.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/topics/physicalevidence.htm

You linked to a UFO enthusiast site containing dozens of articles. How are we to know which one you insist is undisputable proof?

The first thing that struck me was the photos at the top of the page. You know, those obvious-fake pie-tin "UFOs" that people have claimed were real alien spacecraft.

Now, we've talked about the vastness of the universe, the galaxy, the solar system, and the gulfs of time and space that any alien race would have to span in order to reach us for a visit.

So if any of those photos were to be real alien craft, we'd have to believe that either a whole bunch of different alien races had all managed to arrive at our little planet for a peek, or one race has a whole bunch of differently shaped craft that have all made the trip -- I mean, those pictures all show similar "ships" but they are not nearly identical. Now, maybe I'm being unfair, and maybe the aliens all arrived in a caravan of what amounts to Fords, Toyotas, Subarus, Chevys, and Isuzus... but I doubt it. I think it's far more likely that a number of charlatans modeled "space ships" and took pictures of them, and since they each had a concept of alien craft being shaped like "flying saucers," they all came up with similar designs.

What say you?

Blue skies,
-
-Jeffrey

Now, maybe I'm being unfair, and maybe the aliens all arrived in a caravan of what amounts to Fords, Toyotas, Subarus, Chevys, and Isuzus... -

Uh, dude, don't you mean HUBCAPS from Fords, Toyotas, Subarus, Chevys, and Isuzus...???

:D:D:D:D

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Now, maybe I'm being unfair, and maybe the aliens all arrived in a caravan of what amounts to Fords, Toyotas, Subarus, Chevys, and Isuzus... -

Uh, dude, don't you mean HUBCAPS from Fords, Toyotas, Subarus, Chevys, and Isuzus...???

:D:D:D:D

mh

Cute, but what I meant was, if each of those different-looking "UFOs" pictured were an actual one that really was piloted by space aliens, the only way I could figure accounting for the variations in look and design would be either the astronomically small chance that we've been visited by several alien races of different origin points, or one alien race has come to pilot various different "brands" of space ships, like the way we have different automobile manufacturers for humans.

I guess that the idiot alien hoaxsters we have on earth don't think too deeply when coming up with a hoax and crafting a pie-tin (or hubcap) "spaceship."

-

-Jeffrey

I have recently been presented "Undisputable Evidence" Aliens from outer space are abducting people. What is your opinion?
What's the evidence?I believe about 92-97% of the reported UFO incidents are hogwash,but that leaves the8 to 3% that could be legit.
My personal opinion is that the phenomena is more akin to encounters from beings in the spirit realm more so than a visitors from space.