Skylark

Why do people hate America?

This is a question for all Americans out there. Im curious whether you realise how much the world hates you and what you consider the reasons to be. NB I dont hate America or its citizens per se, although I consider it has rather unusual foreign policies.

"Into the dangerous world I leapt..." William Blake, Songs of Experience

As far as Europe goes, I think jealousy has a lot to do with it and, personally, I could give a rat's ass what they think.

As far as Europe goes, I think it's because they see us as arrogant in that we assume they are jealous.

So in other words, they're mad because we know what their problem is?

it's hard work being #1; it's a thankless job but, somebody has to do it! :)
i think europe is mad because it only took us about 150 years to dominate and they've had 2000 years to get their shit together! ;)
"Don't talk to me like that assface...I don't work for you yet." - Fletch
NBFT, Deseoso Rodriguez RB#1329

i think europe is mad because it only took us about 150 years to dominate and they've had 2000 years to get their shit together! ;)

I.E. "JELOUSY"

I can't recall ever hearing anyone I've met from Europe saying they hate America.

But I regularly hear people getting extremely angry about Bush, his team and their foreign policy.

Anyway, America bashing is soooo last year. Maybe a more interesting question is "How was Bush able to do so much damage to the reputation of the USA abroad?"

I can't recall ever hearing anyone I've met from Europe saying they hate America.

But I regularly hear people getting extremely angry about Bush, his team and their foreign policy.

Anyway, America bashing is soooo last year. Maybe a more interesting question is "How was Bush able to do so much damage to the reputation of the USA abroad?"

I hear that too, and I hear it in Chicago. Maybe Chicago moved to Europe and no-one told me.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I don’t think people hate America or Americans.
I think they hate the current policies and actions this administration has taken.
Most counters admire and envy America and American life.
I am not sure about Europe but in the Middle East or Iran to me more exact. They really don’t have a very good idea of what American life is. They get most of the information by satellite (our TV). I have friends who think that all we do here is party and I am living life like a Snoop Dogg video with all my hoes. Most envy the life they think we have.
I have friends who do know what American real life is like and they choose to stay home.
Life is a lot laidback there. Me I love it here
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

...I have friends who think that all we do here is party and I am living life like a Snoop Dogg video with all my hoes....

What?!? You didn't get your Hos issued to you when you got here?!? Call the INS--you've been cheated. Insist on getting your six-pack of Hos, your pimpmobile, and your 40-oz... :P

...I have friends who think that all we do here is party and I am living life like a Snoop Dogg video with all my hoes....

What?!? You didn't get your Hos issued to you when you got here?!? Call the INS--you've been cheated. Insist on getting your six-pack of Hos, your pimpmobile, and your 40-oz... :P

Screw that. No hand outs. I had to work hard for my hos, my cutlass, my Crazy Horse malt liquor, and my stock pile of Moet.

[tounge in cheek]
I don't think there are many Brits who hate America. We just kinda look on the whole situation as a kind of cyclic thing. We're the old dog's sat on the porch watching the youngun work.

We've had our turn at swaning round, dominating the world, running shit, going to war when we liked against who we liked, generally making a mess of that, and overall wrecking things with our forign policies.

Now we've retired and get to watch America do it instead.
[/touge in cheek]

For shizzle. I'm sure they do. See, you gotta get yourself some bitches that ain't sportin' a dizzle between they nizzles. They aight for puttin' on the street to bring in the benjamins. But don't be gettin no stank on yo hanglow from the hos on the down low.

This is a question for all Americans out there. Im curious whether you realise how much the world hates you and what you consider the reasons to be. NB I dont hate America or its citizens per se, although I consider it has rather unusual foreign policies.

I'm American, and I dislike a majority of my own people. Fat, lazy and rude is what I've seen for a long, long time.

Maybe it's just my attitude, or maybe it's that way in every country. Not being much of a world traveler, I can't make a fair comparison.

. . =(_8^(1)