ifics

Comments on this please..

it's been posted here before, and it's courtesy to paste the contents of the link onto the post, and use the url as your source... this way people don't have to jump around the web to view and discuss stuff...

http://www.tilenut.com/yo/BUSH_record.html

just so you know:

•I attacked and took over 2 countries.

•I spent the U.S. surplus and bankrupted the US Treasury.

•I shattered the record for the biggest annual deficit in history (not easy!).

•I set an economic record for the most personal bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.

•I set all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the stock market.

•In my first year in office I set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history (tough to beat my dad's, but I did).

•After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over the worst security failure in US history.

•I set the record for most campaign fund raising trips by any president in US history.

•In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their jobs.

•I cut unemployment benefits for more out-of-work Americans than any other president in US history.

•I set the all-time record for most real estate foreclosures in a 12-month period.

•I set the record for the fewest press conferences of any president, since the advent of TV.

•I presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.

•I cut health care benefits for war veterans.

•I set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.

•I dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.

•I've made my presidency the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US history.

•Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (The poorest multimillionaire, Condoleeza Rice, had a Chevron oil tanker named after her for a while.)

•I am the first president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously struggle against bankruptcy.

•I presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud in any market in any country in the history of the world.

•I am the first president in US history to order a US attack AND military occupation of a sovereign nation, and I did so against the will of the United Nations and the vast majority of the international community.

•I have created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States, called the "Bureau of Homeland Security

•I set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any other president in US history (Ronnie was tough to beat, but I did it!!).

•I am the first president in US history to compel the United Nations remove the US from the Human Rights Commission.

•I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the Elections Monitoring Board.

•I removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.

•I rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant. I withdrew from the World Court of Law.

•I refused to allow inspectors access to US prisoners of war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.

•I am the first president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors access during the 2002 US elections.

•I am the all-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.

•The biggest lifetime contributor to my campaign, who is also one of my best friends, presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).

•I spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.

•I am the first US president to establish a secret shadow government.

•I took the world's sympathy for the US after 9/11, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).

•I am the first US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.

•I changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.

•I have removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:
• I have at least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine
(Texas driving record has been erased and is not available).

•I was AWOL from the National Guard and deserted the military during time of war.

•I refuse to take a drug test or even answer any questions about drug use.

•All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my fathers library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

•All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

•All minutes of meetings of any public corporation for which I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

•Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.

GEORGE W. BUSH
The White House, Washington, DC

As the email pours in I'm researching and linking the most disputed claims first. If you want any of these "facts" backed up with links to credible journalism or other sources write and tell me which "fact" you dispute and I will send you a link to a verifying source that hopefully will nuance the issue with some authenticity. Don't ask me to validate evrything at once, I'm working on it. Please write ; ccasa - at - mac - dot - com

just so you know:

•I attacked and took over 2 countries.
Took over? I don't see the them paying taxes. Lat I heard Afganistan still has a government, and Iraq was building one.

•I spent the U.S. surplus and bankrupted the US Treasury.
Uh ya think the largest terror attack in HISTORY has something to do with that?

•I shattered the record for the biggest annual deficit in history (not easy!).
Again I think a two front war on terror has a large part to play here.

•I set an economic record for the most personal bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.
You think a depression brought on by the largest attack on US soil had anything to do with it..An attack that was planned during Clintons term I might add

•I set all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the stock market.
OH the president can control the stock market huh?

•In my first year in office I set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history (tough to beat my dad's, but I did).
I don't know about this, so I will not speak.

•After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over the worst security failure in US history.
That was planned under Clinton..And I guess you think that when the President is "Off" he just does not answer Email or get security briefs? Get real.

•In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their jobs.
Again you think OBL had something to do wth that? You have a problem with OBL...Talk to Clinton.

•I cut unemployment benefits for more out-of-work Americans than any other president in US history.
Well, due to the 9/11 attacks, the economy taking a major down turn and the record number of people that were hurt by it...Well he had to do something....And last I checks the President can't just decide to cut something...We have this thing called a system of checks and balances...You see we have THREE branches of govenment...Executive (President), Legislative (House and Senate) and Judicial (Supreme Court)...One branch can't "Just do" something...Get a high school social studies book and give it a read.

•I set the all-time record for most real estate foreclosures in a 12-month period.
Again..9/11 attacks planned under Clinton resulted in a really bad economy...Oh, wait thats right you think the President can just "will" the stock market right? While you are getting that High School social studies book...Get economics for dummies.

•I set the record for the fewest press conferences of any president, since the advent of TV.
Thats a BAD thing?

•I cut health care benefits for war veterans.
Mine have been fine...

•I set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.
OK so if people in other countries don't like him then he MUST be bad right?

•I've made my presidency the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US history.
I'd say Clintons cock getting sucked and him lying about it was pretty criminal and he tried to keep it a secret...Then there is the whole "White Water" cloak and dagger shit.

•Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (The poorest multimillionaire, Condoleeza Rice, had a Chevron oil tanker named after her for a while.)
Cool so we hired smart people that have a proven track record for making good choices in positions to make important choices....I guess you would like your local WalMart security guard as the Sec of Defense?

•I am the first president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously struggle against bankruptcy.
See 9/11 and the largest terror attack in history, and the largest attack on US soil...Ya think that could have something to do with it...And remember...The attack was planned, and the pilots let into the US and trained under your pal Clinton.

•I presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud in any market in any country in the history of the world.
He presided???Was he on the board of directors?

•I am the first president in US history to order a US attack AND military occupation of a sovereign nation, and I did so against the will of the United Nations and the vast majority of the international community.
Uh the UN voted to use force...Then they pussed out.

•I have created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States, called the "Bureau of Homeland Security
Well Clintons plan of doing nothing didn't work well did it?

•I removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.
Really???? Got any proof of this?

•I rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant. I withdrew from the World Court of Law.
The UN rendered themselves irrelevant by not acting on the threats they made...Proving they were worthless.

•I am the first president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors access during the 2002 US elections.
That was the most watched election in history...And recount after recount Bush won.

•I am the all-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.
So he is good at buisness. The Dems are the world record holder of donations from people on welfare....Thanks, but I'll go with the companies that do something for the economy rather than a welfare family that is just a drain on it.

•I spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.
So in one hand you think he does not listen, then you slam him for tying to????

•I am the first US president to establish a secret shadow government.
Uh thats total bullshit.

•I took the world's sympathy for the US after 9/11, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).
Uh, the US was the most resented county in the world before 9/11...And we have been for several decades.

•I am the first US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.
So, the reigion that we saved from Hitler loved us when we lost our lives to save them, but hates us now for saving ourselves (Without any help from them I might add)

•I changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
And we kept CLinton in office after he was show to have lied under oath...Enough to get him disbarred, but not enough to fire him?

•I have removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.
Again Bullshit, utter bullshit

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:
• I have at least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine
(Texas driving record has been erased and is not available).
Kerry admitted to commiting war crimes. And Bush's DD record is nothing compared to Ted Kennedys.

•I was AWOL from the National Guard and deserted the military during time of war.
Have any proof of that?

Kerry and his winter soldier testamony was use to try our POW's, sentance them to death and have them executed.

At least when he did do drugs he did them correctly (how did we ever elect a guy that could not even smoke a joint right?)

•All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my fathers library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
Just like White Water documents?

GEORGE W. BUSH
The White House, Washington, DC
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

At least when he did do drugs he did them correctly (how did we ever elect a guy that could not even smoke a joint right?)

everybody here knows I am NOT a partisan/defender of President GWB, but that's a point for him, at least he inhales... :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Comments on this please..

Sure. It's an inaccurate, one-sided peice of crap.

It's no different than the long and equally inaccurate lists of mis-deeds that used to float around about Clinton. You have to be wearing blinders to view things so one-sidedly.

. . =(_8^(1)

So, the reigion that we saved from Hitler loved us when we lost our lives to save them, but hates us now for saving ourselves

The US killed hundredthousands of Germans during their bomb attacks.

And one year after the WWII was ended, they armed Germany again to use it as a buffer-stop against the Russians.

That much regarding "(love or) hate".

:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

And one year after the WWII was ended, they armed Germany again to use it as a buffer-stop against the Russians.

Let's not forget bringing high ranking Gestapo officers to the US, hiding them from prosecution and using them to help create the CIA.

Well, there was this thing called a war going on... :S

Would you have preferred we let the Russians take Berlin first and then conquer the entire country? As I recall, the Russians were no less cruel to Germans than the Nazis has been to Jews, gypsies, and other untermensch.

As I recall, there were at least three foreign militaries in West Germany, plus the newly formed Bundeswehr. (you think maybe that was not the same thing as giving guns and power back to the Nazis and the Brownshirts?)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

And the Germains killed hundreds of thousands of Jews. The difference was we were at war and the Germains were killing Jews like cattle.

Equiping a new Army and government after an evil government was dismantled is not the same thing as giving guns back to the NAZI's.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

The true nature of the holocaust was not known until after the war was over.

The LEVEL was not known.

However, the German Workers' Party (Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei or NSDAP...NAZI for short) Pamplets
included such gems as the 25 points of the party...(I'll only include the ones that apply here):

4. Only those who are our fellow countrymen can become citizens. Only those who have German blood, regardless of creed, can be our countrymen. Hence no Jew can be a countryman

5. Those who are not citizens must live in Germany as foreigners and must be subject to the law of aliens.

7. We demand that the State shall above all undertake to ensure that every citizen shall have the possibility of living decently and earning a livelihood. If it should not be possible to feed the whole population, then aliens (non-citizens) must be expelled from the Reich.

8. Any further immigration of non-Germans must be prevented. We demand that all non-Germans who have entered Germany since August 2, 1914, shall be compelled to leave the Reich immediately.

From a German Workers Party. October 16, 1919.

The money was used to buy more advertising and print leaflets. The German Workers' Party now featured Hitler as the main attraction at its meetings. In his speeches Hitler railed against the Treaty of Versailles and delivered anti-Semitic tirades, blaming the Jews for Germany's problems. Attendance slowly increased, numbering in the hundreds.

From the OSS psychology report on Hitler:

A qoute from Hitler:
"When I came to Berlin a few weeks ago and looked at the traffic in the Kurfuerstendamm, the luxury, the perversion, the iniquity, the wanton display, and the Jewish materialism disgusted me so thoroughly, that I was almost beside myself. I nearly imagined myself to be Jesus Christ when He came to His Father's temple and found it taken by the money-changers. I can well imagine how He felt when He seized a whip and scourged them out."

Another:
"My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Saviour as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by only a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned me to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love, as a Christian and as a man, I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord rose at last in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was the fight for the world against the Jewish poison."

And a quote from Mein Kampf:
"...it [Nazi philosophy] by no means believes in an equality of races, but along with their difference it recognizes their higher or lesser value and feels itself obligated to promote the victory of the better and stronger, and demand the subordination of the inferior and weaker in accordance with the eternal will that dominates this universe." - Hitler states in Mein Kampf.

So while we might not have know the LEVEL..We knew of the hatred. The Germans didn't hide it.

So, we knew Nature, not EXTENT.

There are accounts of Jews who escaped and tried to attest that all their families were being herded into camps. Some of these Jews came to the US to plead for our involvement.
The Japanese were no slouchs either. They killed tons of people as they siezed land.

I think much more was known than is admitted to.
JJ

"Call me Darth Balls"

We knew about the anti-semitism. We did not know about the mass exterminations, which were the true nature of the holocaust.

We knew the Germains blamed the Jews for their problems...We knew Hitler hated them.

We knew of the concentration camps, the Red Cross had been to several of them including Auschwitz-Birkenau. Yes we didn't know of the mass exterminations...Other than stories...And the Red Cross could not find any information to prove it.

But anyway:
1. The true nature of the holocaust was in the hatred and in a group of people using another as a scapegoat for social problems... The killings were a SYMPTOM, not the disease.

2. It has no real relevance to this thread other than to refute the first posters claim of us bombing them...Yes, we bombed them...The bombed us...We bombed them its called war.

And we did know that they were treating Jews poorly...We KNEW that they were being treated like cattle, we knew thousands of people were disappearing...We were already at war with them....what else were we gonna do?

Irony or Evidence?

Kallend says:

I believe that one or two of the items in the list are exaggerations, but on the whole it's accurate.

And Skydvr says:

It's no different than the long and equally inaccurate lists of mis-deeds that used to float around about Clinton. You have to be wearing blinders to view things so one-sidedly

hehh - Go Figure.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

However, the reason we got involved in the war was not because the Germans were killing millions of Jews

Did I say it was????

He pointed out how we bombed them...I pointed out how they killed Jews like cattle, and were bombing and killing others.

Hell the only reason I need to fight you is you fighting me...I don't need a bunch of reasons.

I agree.

I can't believe I just agreed with you! I think I owe beer!

It only hurts the first time.

They forgot to add his old coke habit and his two DUI's.

Id rather have a guy that made mistakes and admitted to them.

Than a guy that admitted to commiting war crimes and then said he never did...So he either lied when he was using "Winter Soldier" to gain political powerthen, or he is lying to get political power now.

BTW Kerry also admitted to using drugs.