mattb

How many jumps in a good day?

We are lucky because we are a relitively small dz with 3 planes (a C182 and 2 C206) so when we are swamped with tandems and students, the dzo still keeps one of the wide bodied 206's for the regular jumpers. So we can easily get 7-10 jumps in. :)

It depends on what kind of jumping I am doing. RW with relatively large groups (10-20ish) take a little longer to get organized, plus we are taking up most of the plane. Organize, dirt dive, manifest, gear up, dirt dive some more, jump, land, debrief, pack and start over. The whole process takes awhile!
I notice the freeflyers at my dz can do a lot more jumps in one day because their groups are smaller and the dives aren't engineered quite as meticulously. They are more like, jump, pack, watch the video, jump, pack, watch the video........
Personally, I don't like doing much more than 5 in a day. I get tired from all that jumping, dirt diving and packing. And my bank account gets a little tired too!
But I am fortunate to jump at a large dz which usually has a least two twin otters flying in the summer, sometimes 3 and a dc 3. Waiting for loads isn't usually an issue, so if I want to jump more, I can.

When I went to Coolidge over Christmas I did 6 in a day with no problem and packing own rig. I could have done more, but I hadn't jumped for a while and was really feeling it by the end of the day. If I had two rigs and someone packing for me I could have easily done over 10 in a day. When I go back to Coolidge and Eloy in a little under two weeks over spring break I will try to do between 6 and 8 a day. On a normal summer weekend day at my home DZ I could probably do 5 or 6 jumps a day.
Blue Skies,
Adam

I did not do this at my home dz so I don't know if it counts or not but I did 10 in one day and 9 the following day at Mullins in Tenn at one of his Halloween boogies and no, I didn't pack all of them.. Mike's younger son (can't ever remember his name, don't know why) packed most of them cause I just got too tired and lazy......49.....sore as a bitch the following day or two (or three, maybe four)
Triple F