skybytch

no comment...

Someone owes a lot of beer for that. Taking out the beer lady... isn't that like Commandment #1: "Thou shalt not take out the beer server."?
On a more serious note, I like his response: "It wasn't my fault". Huh? I thought it was the skydiver's responsibility to be aware of his surroundings, be in control of his canopy, pick a safe landing area and not biff people on the ground. :P
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

Hey,
Did anyone read that post about the guy who ran into the beer server at the cole slaw wrestling event? Well, at the least the title is funny.
He kept saying "It wasn't my fault" What the hell is up with that. If you hit someone on the ground it had better goddam be your fault. Why were you jumping where people can walk around. Have you ever heard of the PRO requirements for demo landings? Obviously not.
You would think people would learn. Skydivers getting killed or injured in the sport is, unfortunately, part of the sport. Skydivers injuring people who are not skydiving is unaceptable. Especially when you are trying to show them how wonderful and safe the sport can be. I really hope this guy, Swimm, pulls his head out or puts his rig up for sale.

I really thought it was up to us, as skydivers, and especially someone "experienced" enough to do demos, to watch out for people on the ground. Maybe he had no choice, maybe there was no place for him to land without hooking it, but we don't know. Poor beer girl. This is kind of funny though. It did tickle me!! :D Everyone will be ok, and both parties will be more carefull in the future. :)

I really thought it was up to us, as skydivers, and especially someone "experienced" enough to do demos, to watch out for people on the ground.

I couldn't agree more....they make fun of me sometimes at the DZ b/c I'd be yelling "watch out" to some of the other jumpers who landed and then I'd land 20 feet away from them....ha ha ha. (I still don't really have the concept down of how quickly or slowly for that matter I'm coming down. Luckily, I always end up w/in 20 feet of the target but damnit, I still have never landed ON it:(.)
MUCH LOVE AND BLUE SKIES,
Carrie http://www.geocities.com/skydivegrl20/