huffermoose

girlfriends!!!

look i know i have done a few posts in the past hour but i was wondering if women skydivers think the same!!!!
when you see a girl you really fancy (or a boy for the girls depend what flicks your switch) do you think exactly the same as guys do and say to yourself ( i wonder if i can talk her in to skydiving??)
answers on a postcard
moose

I think "If he doesn't/won't skydive or enjoy being at a DZ with me, will he understand that I need most weekends at the DZ WITHOUT HIM?" - 'cause I aint giving it up and he's not coming along if he's going to sook about being there! Will he question those bruises, will he mind that between jumps I'm laughing my arse off, joking around with anything that can walk and talk, and sleeping in a room full of drunken lunatics???
OH, is that why I'm single??
Go for it ALL
Sue

allways when i see a fancy girl i just think: my rig is much better
here´re a few points why:
1. a rig has never migraine
2. when it´s over you can sell it
3. if you bought it new, you really know you was the first one
4. you don´t have to go out with it before you can use it
5. a rig never ask why you´re drunken again

when you see a girl you really fancy (or a boy for the girls depend what flicks your switch) do you think exactly the same as guys do and say to yourself ( i wonder if i can talk her in to skydiving??)

Youre going about it all wrong! What the heck are ya doing lookin for a 'buddy' in whuffo world?!?! Check out some other skydivers. Trust me.. its more fun that way :)
froggie

I don't think that dragging someone into the sport is the right answer. I have seen several skydivers who jump because they are with they boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife and they just don't seem to have as much fun as the rest of us. If my girl doesn't want to jump, then I have no problem with that at all.
Safe landings,
Alex D-23912

I think I went off about this subject last year a couple of times so I am not going to go here again. Suffice it to say, I don't have time to date whuffos! I kept my old whuffo friends, but all the new friends I make are jumpers...I wonder why that is?
Sis
"What we're all really seeking is something where we can feel the rapture of being alive."J.Campbell

When I see a girl I like, the first thing I think is, "OH, OH YES, good god, she is freakin HOT, I wonder if she is cool" then, after the blood comes back to my brain I think "look, she already has three guys hangin on her, how much will that eventually cost me", and then when reality sets in "she's already got a significant other, why bother". Nothing is free, sometimes even friendship has a price. At least from my experience.

It ain't the money or the time, dudes and dudettes. It ain't whether they do or don't. It's attutude. American women have this particular trait. I would not date one of them for the love of God. All of them I have met are greedy, heartless, cold natured monsters that look out for themselves and not for their relationships. Give me an English, Scottish or Australian woman anyday. I ain't telling u who this is. My flameproof underwear is in the laundry.

Give me an English, Scottish or Australian woman anyday.

Ya, Burton Cummings summoned it up pretty well in "American Woman"... (just kiddin' ladies - you know I love ya all, no matter where you're from... BUT - Canadian women are the best - by a kilometre!!!)

It sucks dating someone who doesn't unerstand or share your passions whatever they are. When I spend 4 nights and part of my weekend fighting they don't understand. When I go to the DZ and jump they don't understand. When they don't understand the things that I love and make me who I am then they miss me.
Bottom line if the other person doesn't understand the things you love then they don't understand a basic part of you and there are problems coming.
Fly Free, Fly fast, Fly together
Albatross

It's a good thing my girlfriend is doing AFF with me then, isn't it?? Actually, her first jump was about two years before mine, but we weren't dating yet. My first jump was a birthday present from her!!!!I feel pretty lucky that I managed to find someone who is advernturesome and willing to try new things, not to mention just putting up with my crap!
Blues,
JC
-------------------------------
http://home.pacbell.net/rhuurrr

Firstly - In reply to:
'Sometimes hanging out with whuffos is like being among the walking dead. There is just something missing.'
That is the best description I have ever heard.....
I think the whole whuffo/skydiver relationship thing (which has been done to death last year actually but it's still interesting so let's revive it!) is really really difficult.
If my boyfriend wasn't a skydiver too I think we'd have some serious relationship problems by now....I knew him before either of us started jumping, and when he took it up again after a few years off I decided to try it out too, since I'd always wanted to...
Now, I think this is the thing here...wanting to jump out of aeroplanes has to be a pretty fundamental indicator of the type of person you are...so maybe he and I get along because we are BOTH that type of person...
Although God knows what 'type' of person it means you are...I have pondered this for some time and still don't know. 'Wanting to skydive' is such a unique thing, maybe we should consider it a character trait in its own right? Hmmm.....
I do know that Whuffos' eyes cloud over when I mention the fantastic big-way/ tracking dive/ exit I did at the weekend...and it obsesses me so much I would feel really misunderstood by my partner if they didn't jump. You can't share those things unless you both do it, and since skydiving is just so bloody fantastic...well, I think you're better off with someone who understands!
Plus....as I have said before on previous posts, skydiving men are just so much sexier than whuffos...in fact, it's one of the additional benefits of the sport ....hehheh....
See y'all ;)
e

It ain't the money or the time, dudes and dudettes. It ain't whether they do or don't. It's attutude. American women have this particular trait. I would not date one of them for the love of God. All of them I have met are greedy, heartless, cold natured monsters that look out for themselves and not for their relationships. Give me an English, Scottish or Australian woman anyday. I ain't telling u who this is. My flameproof underwear is in the laundry.

Ouch. That was harsh. Gee, I've never met men with those qualities too...regardless of what country they're from!
"The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live."
http://trak.to/skydivechick

I'm not particularly fond of that quote either, and I could write a whole page about how I feel about that. But, it's not fair to stereotype a few million women based on the handful of encounters with American women that you may have had. I happen to think some of us are kind of nice, especially the ones on this website! :)