Zennie

DOOR!

<>
"'Scuse me sir. Can you just step aside a sec? Thanks!" :D

Air rage: man tries to open emergency door
- - - - - - - - - - - -
May 10, 2001 | AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (AP) --
A passenger on board a KLM flight from Amsterdam to Newark spat on a flight attendant, threatened passengers with a cane and tried to open the emergency exit while in flight, an official said Thursday.
The 28-year-old Dutchman, who KLM spokesman Hugo Baas described as "clearly unstable," ignored orders from flight crew to turn off his mobile phone.
He ripped up his passport and said he would hit passengers and flight attendants. He then took a seat in business class, claiming he suffered from claustrophobia.
"At 37,000 feet he decided it was time to go and tried to open the emergency exit," Baas said. However, due to the cabin pressure, it was impossible to open the aircraft's emergency door.
Eventually, the man was handcuffed by the captain and guarded by two passengers for the rest of the flight, Baas said.
Upon arrival in the United States, the man was put on the next flight back to the Netherlands under the supervision of two private security guards.
He was arrested at Amsterdam's Schiphol Airport and will face charges of attempting to endanger the lives of passengers, the spokesman said.

------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

I know this is just plain fun, but sometimes I do kinda regret this image a lot of ppl have about Holland.
Like everyone is a coke addict here.
What I think is quite funny, is that while (soft)drugs are legal here, there are way less users(addicts) then in a lot of countries where (soft)drugs are illegal, like the US.
I'm not sure what causes this, but I think it has a lot to do with the fact that when something is not illegal anymore, a lot less people will be tempted to try it.
hehehe, They should make skydiving illegal...maybe that will get 20% of the world-population jumping :)
One more day till weekend..I wanna jump!!
Jarno (Dutchy)

I know what you mean. Just because you think people should be allowed to do what they choose, doesn't mean that you will choose to join them.
Here is some irony. People think of Holland and immediately think of Amsterdaam which is mostly foreigners last I checked. In the US most Dutch people are known to be very conservative. I don't think that just happens when they come over here, it's just that the government here wants to get in everybody's business.
The Dutchboy
http://www.geocities.com/ppolstra

In the US most Dutch people are known to be very conservative. I don't think that just happens when they come over here

I always figured the cool, hip, trendy Hollanders just kicked the CRC ones out and that's why all the Dutch in this area are so conservative. :)
Dan