medster

new skydiver

hello people.
I'm only new to skydiving - I have so far 14 jumps and hoping to go all the way.
can some pros give me some good tips, like some bad habbits that I shouldnt do etc..
thanks alot.
check out my skydiving site.
www.medi.avs.net.au

don't back-slide and don't float

listen to this man on this!!!!! or you could end up just like him.......(we like to call him Mr. Backslide Floaty!)
good to have ya hear...make yourself at home! (touch the beer and i'll have to shoot though) :)
"if dreams are like movies, then memories are like films about ghosts"-counting crows

Most of us here are full of shit, and the ones who aren't are idiots, but welcome anyway dude!

my thoughts exactly, and you will learn Medster, that it couldn't have been said better by anyone more appropriate!!!
Cheers to you /s, hope your weekend was well, I couldn't jump here, but that is my fault...the weather was FUCKING BRILLIANT in ATL.
Kia Kaha,
Pyke:P
NZPF A - 2584

Welcome! :)No pros here, just a lot of cons. ;)
Hmmmm.... if I were to offer my sage advice...
<>
Avoid the "f-word" (first) at all costs!
Oh, and don't get so fixated on a ground target that you're forced into a low turn situation. :P
Land safe! Not close!
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

Welcome to our wierd family medster!
As for advice, we're all full of it (advice, that is). Whatever questions you have, feel free to ask. You can also get lots of good info in the safety and gear areas of both these forums and this website.
pull and flare,
lisa

Hey I am a pro at some things!!! Mostly talking shit, but that's beside the point!!! LOL
Welcome to our community! Hopefully you will learn a few things from this forum, and laugh a LOT of times!! :D
Sis
The road to hell is paved with good intentions-but sometimes,good intentions are all we humans have.

Don't listen to anyone that tells you its unsafe to downsize quickly. You should EASILY be on a Stilleto 107 after 20 jumps. Don't let anyone stop you. Its your decision. How long are you gonna be on that floaty canopy ? Jeez, downsize already. You'll appear so much bolder.
Don't bother learning tracking. When it comes to breakoff, just go into "invisible mode". No one will be able to see you, and you can just pull in place. Much more fun. The "invisible mode" module can be obtained with a special series of rapid clicks on your Cypres. Check their website for more info.
Expect a baglock on every jump. When it comes to pull time, let out your fear and roll over onto your back as you pull, and scream out loud. This makes for much more exciting openings !! Plus your friends at the DZ will think you're cool !
Surf in on your face every once in a while just for the fun of it, to relive your student days. You may want to coat the front of your jumpsuit and rig with Crisco just to be safe.
When you're in the door, TAKE YOUR TIME. Noone behind you will matter if you want to check out the clouds, look around, or just meditate as you stare at the ground. Remember, if someone bugs you in the plane, they're not cool. YOU'RE the one thats cool. Enjoy your time in the door. This is your skydive, right ? Who cares if the plane has to do a go-around ?
Beware of curved closing pins !!! Javelins and Vectors have been known to have curved closing pins. These are EXTREMELY dangerous. There's a recall on them, but not all of them have been found yet. If you spot a rig with a curved closing pin when doing a gearcheck in the plane on someone, DO NOT LET THEM EXIT THE AIRCRAFT ! IMMEDIATELY pull the pin out so that they can't jump. You've just saved someone's life !!