sinister69

WHUFFO

Something I've always wanted to ask ya'll..... I have seen this word in print about 3 million times, but I've never actually heard a skydiver use it in conversation, or refer to someone as such.........how many of you actually hear people using the word "whuffo" at your DZ ? Do you think this is a regional thing ? Just curious.....
The PLF CFO

I've never actually heard a skydiver use it in conversation, or refer to someone as such......

I use it on a regular basis. Usually preceded by "stupid", "silly", "damn", "f&%$ing'" or other useful descriptive adjectives. Deal with just a few of the people who call my work with stupid whuffo questions (see? there I go again) and you'd use it a lot too! ;)
pull and flare,
lisa
----
I don't think much, therefore I might not be

I've heard and used whuffo quite abit at different DZs and boogie. Usually talking about the clump of ppl looking straight up at the sky and seeing nothing b/c the pilot hasn't called jump run yet...
AggieDave '02
-------------
Blue Skies and Gig'em Ags!
BTHO t.u.

My wife is superwhuffo. Or maybe robowhuffo. I don't even mention it around her, I just tell her when I'm going to the dz. I damn near had to quit the sport. I used to have to sneak out of the house to go jump, but I don't anymore. I figured that's the least I could do in exchange for not having to quit.

So have you attempted to convert her, or is this your time away from home??
I think lots fo females feel this is a male sport and are unwilling to try it because of that. Personally, I love the ratio, and once I tried it I REALLY LOVED the sport.

I was married for 10 years to the controlling man....got divorced and went wild. Bought a house in the one neighborhood he said he would never live because "they can afford the big house, but have no furniture". Showed him...got new furniture too! Cut my hair back short like I like it. Started skydiving at middle age. Traded my van for a mustang convertable.
HECK YEAH...he is jealous. He has no clue what it is like to actually live. He would never have let me jump then and he doesn't understand it now. Payback is hell and revenge is sweet. Plus it makes me feel young and cool.