Viking

Damnit i have a cold!!!!

>:( damnit why now!!! couldn't it freaking wait three days?!?!!? now i can't jump and i was so looking forward to my lvl3 i really want to know if i can keep a stable body postion without help damnit damnit damnit damnit!!!!! >:( ok bring on all the home made cures i have two days to beat this thing so i can write a crappy story while holding ice to my crotch like Billy Crystal in City Slickers!!!!! :)Remember when Sex was safe and skydiving was Dangerous?

Viking,
I heard that a sure cure for a cold was an Irish potato. It seems that if ya take an Irish potato and peel it, then lube it a little and shove it up your anus, it clears up your sinuses -- (or is this for diarrhea, and it stops up something else?? Of course, if ya get a potato shoved up your butt, it'd probably clear your sinuses pretty fast.) But don't take my word for it...I haven't field tested it...and if ya try it, it may count towards your sex/jump/beer ratio...tee-hee...
FFF

Try taking Vitamin C and Zinc (separate pills, not the 'all-in-one' stuff so you make sure you get enough). It's not a cure all, but will definately speed up your getting rid of it. If you catch it quick enough, you could be feeling better within a couple of days. It usually works for me anyway....Good luck!
Queen of Home Remedy Tips and Other Useless Information
Pammi
Our webpage

I agree with Spectre230 - some 80 proof might help. Actually that is how they cured everything back in the old days. I know grandma always took something strong (whiskey usually does the trick) and put a little bit in a small cup. Than bring it to boiling temp, add sugar (to sweeten it) and bring back to boiling temp. Than let it cool off to where it is just nice and warm. Drink it and go to sleep. It will most likely help you and you will feel great the next day. It does work, I have first hand experience.

As Pammi said, vitamin C & zinc is good, but don't take too much zinc! Zinc is a necessary mineral for health, but it is toxic in large doses.
Garlic is as good as ten mothers <--old russian expression.
I once made a big pot of homemade chicken soup that had an entire head of garlic in it! It was delicious! & it could cure the flu!!
When I have a cold, I crush up a few cloves of garlic, add butter, salt, olive oil, and split a loaf of french bread and spread the mixture inside, sprinkling it with a little grated Parmesan cheese, wrap it in foil & cook it for 10 minutes in the oven, unwrapping it for the last couple minutes to make it crispy. Make sure you use enough garlic to make your eyes water!! Rent a good video & watch it while you have your garlic bread with an entire bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. The next morning you should be fine.
Speed Racer
"I think I think, therefore, I think I am, I think!"

Wooooow, Speedie! You can cook for me any day! O.K., I'm not big on garlic but the rest sounded nice!
If you're stuffy a sure fire way to clear the sinuses is intake of wasabi (you can have a little sushi with it of course). Otherwise I'm with Pammi, the vitamin C works wonders.
Diva

When I have a cold, I crush up a few cloves of garlic, add butter, salt, olive oil, and split a loaf of french bread and spread the mixture inside, sprinkling it with a little grated Parmesan cheese, wrap it in foil & cook it for 10 minutes in the oven, unwrapping it for the last couple minutes to make it crispy. Make sure you use enough garlic to make your eyes water!! Rent a good video & watch it while you have your garlic bread with an entire bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. The next morning you should be fine.

Yummy!! As for Wasabi...I'm sorry, but I lost my sushi virginity last weekend and I have to say.....BLECH! Saki (spelling?) tastes like gasoline too :/ I'll stick to burgers and beer!
Our webpage

I heard that a sure cure for a cold was an Irish potato. It seems that if ya take an Irish potato and peel it, then lube it a little and shove it up your anus, it clears up your sinuses -- (or is this for diarrhea, and it stops up something else?? Of course, if ya get a potato shoved up your butt, it'd probably clear your sinuses pretty fast.) But don't take my word for it...I haven't field tested it...and if ya try it, it may count towards your sex/jump/beer ratio...tee-hee...

FFF,
Was this an *old* navy tradition?? A keel-haul would be more effective.:o
Shark

Fish eggs?! EW! I knew that's what they were! I think it was as much the thought as the food itself...plus it was slimy :/ I told you that's what they were Merrick! ICK! I didn't try the wasabi cuz I thought it was avocado stuff and I don't like avocado's much...darn. Will have to try it again with California Roll next time I was told...a newbie's sushi. And plum wine sounds good...will try that too :) It was funny...I wanted to try the stuff so badly, but then it was Merrick who loved it. Go figure! LOL
Our webpage

Pammi:
If it was slimmy then it wasn't fresh!! Ewwwweeee!! And like DZBone said the Wasabi is extremely strong - take caution - a very, very small amount will go a long, long way on the roof of your mouth! I love it though! The ginger root, it's o.k - funny stuff - taste like perfume to me. (not that I drink the stuff, but it's the only description I could come up with)
Diva

The pickled ginger is actually eaten by itself to "cleanse the palette", so you get the true flavor of the different pieces.
So, all this talk about sushi made me hungry, so I went out and got some (the local foofie market makes it right there, you can buy little boxes for like $5). I got the spicy tuna, yum!
Turns out that the green stuff you get is usually imitation wasabi, made up of horseradish, mustard and tellow and blue food coloring. Who knew!