gman

I broke a mirror as I walked under the ladder

I didn't plan to make any jumps tomorrow since it is going to be Fiday the 13th, but my AFF instructor told me to stop being so superstitious and just jump. OK...he talked me into it, makes a lot of sense but I was wondering if there are any skydiving superstitions or traditions other than buying beer and throwing pies at each other?
-G.M.L.-

I guess I kinda have one, but everyone should have this....but for me I've drilled it into my head that if I dont go for my handles at least 3 times in the plane I'm going to have a bad jump whether bad being my jump didnt go as planned or a malfuntion. I know some of you may say "oh so you think just by touching your handles you wont have a mal"? No I'm not saying that but for me it gets me to know where my handles are and gets me pysched up for the jump. Kinda like football players head butting each other before the game. doesnt mean there going to win just gets them pumped. hey at least mine is getting me pumped and reveiwing proceedures at the same time.
jason

If you kill a spider, you will have a malfunction.

Hmm... we found a spider crawling around the plane and chucked him out the door at around 2k because he hadn't paid his lift ticket. No free rides on our jump plane!

I can't believe you would be so mean to an innocent arrachnid. he/she didnt do anything to you. I wonder if he landed OK. or did he just go splat.

Air travel is very common in spiders. Little ones just spew a little web out the back end and off they go on the breeze!
He/She is probably sitting in a clearing somewhere wondering when the recovery team is gonna arrive. :)1111,
GeekStreak

gman,
i had 12 jumps and was riding the cesna down to another airport down the shore just for the ride... i wanted to take a rig, since i know how to use it if i have to but i wouldnt take one with me because i strongly believed that if i took it with me, id be doing jump number 13, and it wasnt going to be planned.
well, i did jump number 13 a few days later.. and it turned into an accidental demo into the golf course. it figgers that something off the wall would happen on my 13th jump.. i didnt count on anything less.
kel