freaksister

CReW at the WFFC

Right, so I was reading another post where someone mentioned CReW training at Quincy (I think it was Remi) and I thought, WICKED! I have been wanting to get in some CReW training for a long time. Can anyone give me suggestions on where to go when I get there to sign up or get info. or something? I am sure I can find out once I get there, but seeing as how the place is so damn big, I thought any tips beforehand would save me some time. Thanks!
Sis
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it." Oscar Wilde

Take a look at www.freefall.com

Tent #8: CRW / Specialty Aircraft / Picture This
Canopy Relative Work load organizing
Led by world champion Mike Lewis and sponsored by Performance Designs, this team of CRW instructors will help you learn basic Canopy Formation Skydiving as well as provide opportunities for larger CRW formations.
You'll need your jump ticket plus $2 for video for each large formation load. If you wish to be coached one-on-one you will need to cover the instructor's slot on the airplane and make arrangements for video.

I also thought it'd be a blast to get some CReW training while at WFFC, but it was my understanding that you also have to rent gear if you don't have a canopy without the microlines, correct? So you'd have your jump ticket, the instructor's (because I've only done it twice, so probably not the best idea to just jump into a formation :)Pammi
Merrick's SCR Ceremony

A canopy built for CRW will generally have:
Dacron lines
Non-cascading "A"-lines
Retractable pilot chute
Reinforced nose (extra tape?)
All of the above are really good things to have when doing hard-core CRW. Also, remember kids, never take a CRW-specific, CRW-packed canopy to terminal. It'll make a Sabre look like a dream on opening. :)
Kris

Ya.. it was my post...
Take what I say with a grain of salt cuz its been a while since I was at Quincy.
Way back then (1996.. or was it 97???) then had canopies for you to use free of charge. PD lightnings with all the CReW bells and whisles (they even had a 190 for this fat bastard).
Mike Lewis was in deed the coach I jumped with on both my jumps there and he is a great guy...
The CReW jumps go way out to a secondary landing area so there is no traffic problem (unless you count a wrap as a traffic problem.. hehehe).
Remi
PS: bring your hook knives..... ;)

(they even had a 190 for this fat bastard).

Hey, damnit, I weight 225lbs and I'm not a "fat bastard!" :D So, if I don't weigh less then 190lbs, I'm a fat bastard, eh? So that would mean I'm medically obese? (technically according to my BMI I *am* obese, though according to bodyfat % I'm fairly healthy) :)Sorry, I had to flame...
AggieDave '02
-------------
Blue Skies and Gig'em Ags!
BTHO t.u.

Hey, damnit, I weight 225lbs and I'm not a "fat bastard!"

225 lbs!!! Your a small one!! then again, I probably weight about 220 or 225 back then.. and the Lightning 190 was just right according to Mike (maybe a bit floaty even)
My very balanced english diet of fish and chips and deep fried Mars bars made me a curvacious 230 now... ;)
Remi (not Karen)

"I have micro line on my canopy, don't you?"

Yeah, I know of 'SOME' people that have participated in a few CReW jumps using microlined canopies... personally, the thought of 20 little razorblades wrapping around my neck scares the hell out of me. Yes, it's a very very bad idea to do CRW with microlines, I mean... the stuff can cut through sheet-metal like butter, think what it could do to an arm or leg or anything in between! :o
"If words were wisdom, I'd be talkin' even more.."

225 lbs!!! Your a small one!! then again, I probably weight about 220 or 225 back then.. and the Lightning 190 was just right according to Mike (maybe a bit floaty even)

I weigh about 185, and I recently made a couple contacts to get into some hardcore CReW.. These guys want to put me on a Lightning 143 - and they say maybe a 126.. WTF?! I think I hooked up with a couple of psychos! I'll try the 160 first, then 143 - but not the 126.. Hell, I've only got one jump on a 143 - and that was a reserve..
Mike