Kelly

Planning my trip...

okay. heres the scoop. I settled the lawsuit (as some of you already know) and this allows me to NOT have to work this winter!!!! WHOO HEEE!
so i have decided that its time that i get the hell out of this time zone and take a little road trip all by myself.
Ill be starting off here in NJ, stopping by Delmarva (gotta visit the neighbors) and then heading down the east coast with plans to stop at Carolina Sky Sports for a couple of days. After CSS i plan on making my way to Florida, where i want to spend a couple of weeks. After Florida I want to make my way to Texas and from texas head to California and Eloy, Arizona.
I know that this all sounds absolutely crazy, ive never traveled anywhere by myself before (except to boston!) but its something that i've definitally got my sights set on.
So what else is on the way? Im using an internet map to sort out my travels, and would love to be able to make a "from xkeys to delmarva, from delmarva to..." collection of directions. Im starting to plan this trip now because its going to take a lot to get it all sorted.
Man, i hope this really does happen. I really do.
PS- need towns/cities/ addresses of dropzones if at all possible. and hey, a link to their site wouldnt be so shabby either. thanks guys! hope to see a lot of you guys this winter!
kel

Hay Lil Green Sweety!!
I'm plannin on bein in AZ in time for the Nationals at Eloy,, believe there the 20-28th,, my lil bro puts on a pro-rodeo in Tucson on the 20-21st,, so plannin on Eloy maybe mid week,, can set ya up with a place to stay and am tryin ta get Divaskychick and Christiaan to meet me there also,, and doesn't Monk live up there somewhere?? Eloy's website is WWW.skydiveaz.com for more info,, would love ta see ya there,, sounds like ya aren't headin up to the great NW on your trip??
Sweet Dreams and soft landings!!
B

Hey Kel, are you a AAA member? If not find one (sorry, I'm not or I'd help you out). But you can get a TripTik from them which is step by step maps printed out from step A to step B etc.....with info about hotels, camp grounds, restaurants, etc. for every area. They're really good maps and really thorough. Perfect for this kind of trip where you want it planned out. Personally, I've done the cross country thing and just bought a US road atlas and went where I wanted when I wanted. That worked out great too.
cielos azules y cerveza fría
-Kevin

Kelly....There is always Monroe, and Skydive Atlanta on your past from CSS to FL. You are more than welcome to crash in the spare room I have in my house here in Atlanta (regardless of what is said on the forums...am not a freak...so no worries there)
will definately involve a night out if you plan it for a weekend!!
How long you planning on taking for this trip?? spending a weekend in each place, or just a few jumps then back on the road?!!
Have fun no matter what. Fill us in on the details!
Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Pyke :P
NZPF A - 2584
USPA C- ?????

Kel you can hang out at my place on your way through GA. I jump at Skydive Atlanta. There is the Free Fly Festival Nov 1-4 and I'm alread going to be sick on the 2nd! Also there is a gang from FL coming up for that weekend too. I have plenty room so don't be shy. PLUS, I live right off the interstate so you can find your way easily!!
Lisa

Sounds like fun. BTW, what happened to the frog?
Depending on how you make your way toward FL and what time of the week you are passing through this way you might stop at Atlanta AirSportz which is off of I-75 NW of Atlanta http://www.airsportz.com. If you are coming that way you can also hit some TN DZ's.
You might drop by Skydive Atlanta in Thomaston, also off I-75, but SW of Atlanta http://www.skydiveatlanta.com.
I don't think I need to mention the DZ you definitely shouldn't stop by on your way through the state.
Now if you want to go in style, the Dutchboy needs to build some flight time! I could be your flying whore for several weeks for about $25/hr (around $0.25/mile). I need to fly about 70-80 hrs over the next month or so. We should both fit in a 2-seater that could be had for $50/hr or $25/hr each.
The Dutchboy
http://www.geocities.com/ppolstra

In between Florida and Texas is Moss Point, Ms. It is just of I10. Get off I10 at the first Moss point exit (just before Biloxi), take a right, take the first right, follow road around airport, dz entrance on the left. We have a Beah 99 right now but are buying a Super Otter. The Otter should be here by the time you come by. Great place, everyone will jump with you when you are a new face. Always something going on.

Hey Kelly, we are looking forward to seeing you here at Blue Sky Adventures. Our CASA Boogie is Oct. 5-7. Beer, Band, Prizes, Parties, Jerry Bird and Steve Lapp, plus freefly coaches CASA and King Air, Lokks like a Hot Air Ballon might even be there! The Harvest Moon Boogie is the real deal!

hey guys.
thanks! this is great, and exactly what i was hoping for. I'm not setting my self up on a definate schedual. I just plan on getting somewhere (preferably a skydivers place or a dz ) and then heading out when i feel like it. no worries, nobodys going to have a 6 month house guest :) lol.
Im writing all this stuff down so that i can plan some more.
thanks guys! i definitally want to meet as many of you as possible.
Kel

Wow, Kelly -- sounds like you've got a real adventure ahead! Remember: It's not the destination ... it's the journey! Too bad I'm nowhere near any of the places you are going to... I never did read about your lawsuit -- what thread is it in?