Jessica

Disturbing post -- skydiving nightmares?

We've talked about skydiving dreams -- but does anyone ever have skydiving nightmares?
I've been going thru some personal shit lately, and have been having some intense REM sleep.
The other night I dreamed that I went to an unfamiliar DZ somewhere, and there was a HUGE boogie going on, with what seemed like hundreds of jumpers in the air on every load.
Anyway, I'm watching them land, and I suddenly see this guy bounce, right in front of me. Impact the earth at 120 with nothing out. Nobody seems concerned but me.
As time goes on, I realize that this is happening two or three or more times per load -- people are going in in great FOOMPS of dust, and it looks like none of them bothered to pull. It's just raining bodies.
I woke up scared and horrified. I think my subconcious is using skydiving to symbolize something else in my life (yeah I'm one of those weird dream-interp people) but GOD it was horrible.
I'm just sharing 'cause whuffos don't understand how bad this was for me.

Sounds like you need someone to cuddle up to, Jessica, when the dreams turn to nightmares! I've had zillions of skydiving dreams, but only one that wasn't "good"... can't remember it too clearly now, but I couldn't find anything to pull at pull time! Anyway, I hope you've had the last of your bad dreams...

Well.....it wasnt you burning in....So I wouldn't worry too much...LOL You are obviously feeling a little helpless about some situation in your life. Just your brain getting those problems out. But, I'm an amatuer Gynecologist, not a Psychyatrist so thats all I know.
"I used to know a girl...She had two pirced nipples and a black tattoo"-Everclear
Clay

About a month ago i was haveing nightmares everynight about me pulling low, malf, then barely or not in time getting my reserve out. It scared the shit out of me every time, after i told someone i was haveing them, they stopped, amazing what anxiety over something will do to you when you encounter the unknown (ive never had a cutaway *knock on wood*).
Jonathan

Jessica, I swear to god, I had that exact same dream about 2 weeks ago. I was jumping, jumped, double mal, burned in, at impact I switched to the ground, standing next to the packer and there were people pretty much raining down all around, it was fu(ked. I didn't wake up either till it was all over.
I didn't really know what to make of it. Deninately shook me a little. I too, still went and jumped, but damn, it was a weird dream.

I have always had freefall dreams- I usually wake up from the sheer adrenaline of it.
LATELY, however, I have started having dreams where something goes wrong and I do the wrong thing to fix it.
One of them I was tracking away from a guy and he kept following me. I kept checking on him, tracking again, checking again, getting lower and lower. WHY DIDN'T I JUST PULL???
Last night I dreamt that I had a mal and I pulled the reserve before I cutaway and it all entangled.
IT really freaks me out that my emergency procedures are incorrect in my dreams!!!
Blue skies,
Anne

Jessica,
I had a similar dream last night. I jumped and pulled and got nothing so I pulled silver and got nothing, then shifted to the ground and watched myself bounce. I even have a cypres and always check it. I woke up and was absolutely shaking. Not real sure of what to make of it either, but it scared me to death. Maybe it is because I haven't jumped in 2 weeks....who knows??
Does anybody else dream about other things they do that are dangerous, or is it just skydiving related??
Lisa

One day at the DZ, while waiting for the low clouds to go away, a bunch of us watched two birds try to fly through a window time and time again - only to smack into the glass, fall to the ground, and try again.. We figured they had gotten into the beer supply a bit early..
Anyways, that night, I had a kinda freaky dream.. I watched a bunch of guys in birdman suits do exactly the same thing - try to fly through closed windows(with no canopies out, of course), bounce off, hit the ground, get up, brush off, go back to the plane, and try again.. Everytime one of 'em walked away, another smacked into the window..
Mike

"Does anybody else dream about other things they do that are dangerous, or is it just skydiving related??"
Nope had a dream about my ex-wife the other night...Man was that bad......
"I used to know a girl...She had two pirced nipples and a black tattoo"-Everclear
Clay

"I say dayumm dewd you need to seek professional help soon!!!"
I have.....I have 3 lawyers and soon to be a few more. Now we're havin fun! When the lawsuit pays off I'll just build 6 houses next to my 6 favorite DZ's and buy a plane that will smoke Spectre230's Citation! Plus I'll open the coolest DZ on the Planet where AFF is free!
Clay

Ok I had my first skydiving nightmare last night. So I had to dig up this old thread. I don't know much about dreams, but I was always told you dream in Black & White? It seemed my dream was like an old B&W Movie that Ted Tuner colorized...
Anyway here it is, details are skechty...
I was at my home DZ, watching the RW and FF work. There seemed to be this one that left the plane. I was watching through Bi-Noculars. He was rather a large man, wearing a green and white jumpsuit. the freefall was ok but not. I never saw him open his main. He fell and fell and about 100ft from the ground I saw him grab his reserve handle and pull it the res-chute popped and sniveled then he bounced and turned to ash. No one around was concerned. Then I woke up.
I was very scared when I woke up. :( I have no idea why I dreamnt this but it was very distrubing to me.
My New Website with 24hr Chat

I feel your pain. I was at the richmond boogie this past weekend, and twice in 3 days I woke up with my heart racing from a mini nightmare. all I remember is being in freefall at pull time, throw out, and nothing happens....... NOTHING. just as I realize its a total, I wake up. dont even have time to react to the mal. I am sweating and my heart is racing. the first wasnt that bad... it was a cat nap on the couch in the hangar. the second sucked. it was at 2am, and I couldnt get back to sleep. I heard every hour chirp by on my watch that nite. I did end up catching a few ZZs around 6am, but that was maybe an hour.

Hey Slappie -- I'm still having them. I dreamt a couple of weeks ago my favorite instructor went in, but he would have been fine if he'd only been wearing a helmet.
I don't ever dream about MYSELF having malfunctions -- maybe cause I've had two reserve rides. But I dream about other people -- friends -- dying from my favorite pastime, which is freaky weird.

I have no idea why I dreamnt this but it was very distrubing to me

Yeah, for some reason skydiving nightmares are scarier than your garden-variety bad dream. Wonder why? I don't ever dream about being in a car wreck, but I drive and have more close calls in a car than I ever have in skydiving, and I've had friends hurt irreperably in cars. But I dream about skydiving.

I've had one that is still very vivid after several months. I was doing a demo into a fair ground at night from a C-182 with 3 other guys. As we fly over at 3 grand I think to myself how cool all the lights look and how tight the landing area was, but it's big enough. I exit and deploy as I'm looking down on all the colorful light on all the rides spinning and flashing. I then began to set up into the saddle but I'm not getting inflation. Pillow and handle come out and I am getting line stretch again as I see the double Ferris wheel rise up in front of me. The rising lights and the spinning is beautiful to me. I then notice the dark shadow of the trees behind me as I fall below the tree line. Then whack the reserve is inflated and I'm able to land just in time to hit the demo landing area. What a way to start your day.
jumpervali

The other night I dreamt that Quinton and I were sit-flying on the sunset load. Puffy cumulous clouds below us were turning orange and red and black as the sun sank below the horizon. As we neared the clouds, they turned black and red, like a laval flow. It was warm and the wind was still rushing past us, but we didn't seem to be getting any closer to the clouds/lava. I woke up before landing.
Does this mean anything?