NathanL100

Jet Ranger Jumps WoooHooo!!!

I got to jump out of a Jet Ranger Helicopter this weekend and it was awesome!!!!!! This was my first helicopter jump so I was a little nervous because I've never done a hop n' pop and especially when everyone told me that you tumble around for the first few seconds, but I did it anyway and it was so fun that I did it again. So here is the whole story. I manifested and got the first load and then we all got a little briefing on how to exit so that the helicopter didn't rock all over the place as we exited and then we got in, buckled up, and we were off. We went up to 4400 ft and I climbed out onto the skid and just stepped back into nothing, but dead air. The cool thing was that I didn't tumble at all I was totally stable and when I finally picked up enough speed I turned away for the guy I was jumping with and tracked off. It was so awesome I packed up and did another one. So if you haven't done a helicopter jump before, I totally recommend it!!
B|-I'm a Helicopter Whore-B|
Nathan

ahhhhmmm..
cross keys has a helicopter hanging out in the hangar and taking jumpers up on occasion.. ask manifest.
or you could jump the Caravan, or the New turbine that were getting.. or the skyvan, or the stearman bi-plane, or for those low cloud cover days, the cessna..
sorry, just a bit excited cause were getting a new turbine!! whooheee!
"i can not attest to what i did, just what i remember...."
~me, after one too many

"ahhhhmmm..
cross keys has a helicopter hanging out in the hangar and taking jumpers up on occasion.. ask manifest.
or you could jump the Caravan, or the New turbine that were getting.. or the skyvan, or the stearman bi-plane, or for those low cloud cover days, the cessna..
"

Hey Kel.... F**K OFF!!! LOL Not all of us are as wonderfully spoiled as you are!! ;)
"Pammi's Hemp/Skydiving Jewelry"

"balloon jump in spain last time from 5500 ft"
Ahhh.....that's the one jump I really really want.......For all you Florida residents Skydive Lake Whales is supposed to be having balloon jumps this month. Unfortunately, I don't have any vacation time left....:(
"There once was a man named Enis.....B|"-Krusty the Clown
Clay

Hey Kel.... F**K OFF!!! LOL Not all of us are as wonderfully spoiled as you are!!

don't worry, merrick... just rememeber she has to live in NJ 365 days a year!!!!!! that would actually make(quality of life) it like she only had a cessna 150 at her dz!!!!!

"up my noooossseee"- wingnut, at first euro dz.com boogie

merrick,
dont feel bad, im leaving cross keys soon for the winter so i wont even get to enjoy our brand new turbine (did i mention its a super otter?)....
dave,
hmmm. that new jersey thing is almost correct.. when im teasing some of my foreign friends i ask them how the hell they arrived in NJ from Israel, England, Australia etc. etc. they tell me they didnt come to NJ, they came to cross keys! so there it is, theres new jersey then theres Cross Keys.. their seperate.
kel
"i can not attest to what i did, just what i remember...."
~me, after one too many