DrunkMonkey

Night Clubs...How I Loathe Them...

Is there still a bar called "Kams" in Champaign?

Yeah, there is. I think that might have been one of the many bars I went to. I have know idea what it looks like inside and there were no .25 beers that night.[sad]
I've only been to Champaign a handful of times so haven't seen much of it. I did go to some awesome head shops though:S
" You gotta keep on keepin' on, life's a garden dig it! " - Joe Dirt

Kams is still around... dunno about that 25 cent beer thing though! Kams is one I stay away from most of the time, because it's one of the most popular freshman-with-fake-ID bars in town, so not only is it always unbelieveably crowded(usually mostly guys trying to get laid), but it's the first to get busted too...
Marc
"Ghost town on a Tuesday night... that's ok, I'm feelin alright... it's easier to grab a beer... without a thousand people here..."

I personally love going to night clubs. I dont go to hook up with people. I dont even go to get drunk. I just love getting my groove on and listening to the music. I'm all into that hardcore techno scene. Of course, it all depends what nightclub you go to too. All the ones here in Daytona suck ass. Orlando has some nice ones though. Philadelphia on the other hand had some of the most kick ass clubs. I personally recommend Egypt on the Waterfront. Chilling in the bar is fun too. It all just depends on what mood I'm in.

"freshman-with-fake-ID bars in town"
You have to have a fake ID now??? I always handed them my Georgia drivers license which had "Under 21" in big red letters across the front and they would hand it back to me and say "Have a good time!" This was in 1991 and I was 19 at the time. Man I had a lot of fun there. I do love those Illini college cuties. They were so easy!!!! LOL
"Shut up Dummy!"- Fred G Sanford

Yeah they got stricter on the ID's here in Champaign since they caught a 12 year old or soemthign like that at Kam's last year. I go cuz my bro's girlfriend works there...free booze when i am with him there...aside from that, tho, the place sucks. Bub's is no longer there...they remodeled it and turned it into a place called Station something (it has a number, i can;'t remember which). essentially it is bub's, hollowed out completely to look like a warehouse with a bar in the middle.
blue skies
Tomas

I used to go to raves (dance parties) regularly, and loved them, esp. when they were illegal & flourescent or outside in forests and national parks.... loved them for the music, and, um.... the "stuff".... the good thing about the rave scene was that it wasn't about picking up, it was about the music (mmm, and the "stuff")... immersed in music all night dancing in my own world... but now I usually hang out at pubs & bars or home with friends, beer in the sun, martinis after dark.

So does skydiving with your dialysis machine count as a 2-way then

am i the only one to relise that a dialysis machine is for your kidneys and not your liver???????? oh well, i know we all are rocket scientists here, but.............. :)
"up my noooossseee"- wingnut, at first euro dz.com boogie

I used to go to raves (dance parties) regularly, and loved them, esp. when they were illegal & flourescent or outside in forests and national parks

I was a raver years ago too and that could be what quite possibly turned me off of night clubs. At a rave, everyone, sober or not, was friendly to everyone and not in a sort of way where they were hitting on you. You just got up, danced by yourself, took in the vibe and the music and great time with EVERYONE!. :)
We had some pretty cool parties...out in the forest with the trees painted all different colors....or being bussed out to a secret location where the venue was set up like a circus on some farmers land. Each tent had a different style music, even a chill room with a picture show in the ceiling and bean bags all over the place. There was even a big blowup boxing ring with the oversized gloves....too much fun!
Tee :)

I remember those good ole days too! In Mtl the scene (in the begginning) was amazing. I remember those mad 48hrs parties in warehouses. Nowadays the rave scene is more like a big club scene. It's all about $$$$ >:(now too bad. What ever happen to the P.L.U.R. and the good ole vibe. BtW any of you ever saw Jeff MKultra? or Infected Mushroom? Saw them in Mtl and boy can they put on a VIBE.:)

am i the only one to relise that a dialysis machine is for your kidneys and not your liver???????? oh well, i know we all are rocket scientists here, but..............

you are only semi right...there are people with chronic liver failure that also need to be dialized....and the simple fact that once your liver fails your kidneys take up some of the slack...and they fail soon after...that is why so many fkn drunks need both a new liver and a new kidney....
Marc
Res Firma Mitescere Nescite

"There is a palatble sense of desperation in the air. The girlz come in looking to drink with their friends, and
in their wake, a parade of slobbering geeks with one hand on their crotches, and the other on their wallets."
That describes every club in Daytona Beach to a tee. Wouldnt you think it'd be just the opposite?

Wow.... I really stirred up a hornet's nest with this thread.
It's soo f'n cold in KS today. Hope it gets to at least 50º this weekend.
Jumping at SD Chicago this past weekend was great, despite the clouds and ice in the air.
Ah well, just wanted to check the status of the thread. Gotta go run 5K.
Cielos Azules,
Neil