landmissle

SkyKat Rocks!

Well here's the follow-up to my canopy story. In a nut shell I ordered a new canopy via SkyKat. The canopy arrived last Wednesday, but unfortunately, the top skin design pattern was incorrect. Obviously I was very dissappointed, especially considering I've been without a canopy for two months. See "The agony and the ecstacy" in this forum for a humerous more detailed background on this matter.
SkyKat was closed over the holiday weekend, including yesterday (Monday) so my initial contact, in seeking a resolution, was with the manufacturer. The outcome looked rather bad as the manufacturer stated that the canopy design I recieved matched the order form they recieved from SkyKat. From their perspective, the situation was a miscommunication between SkyKat and I, and while they would be happy to build me a new canopy, it "wouldn't be on their dime.". They did offer to call Tony at SkyKat and speak to him on my behalf.
So now I'm becoming extremely worried that I'm going to get stuck with a custom canopy that I don't want.
I called SkyKat this morning and spoke to Tony. Before I even finished describing the situation, he assured me that I would be taken care of and would be happy by the time I hung up the phone. He checked the order and it agreed with what the manufacturer had. "Don't worry.", he said, "if that's not what you wanted we'll have a new one built.". He then offered that I keep and fly the canopy I have until the new one is built!
To say that I'm a satisfied SkyKat customer is at best a pathetic understatement. I'm soooo impressed with the way I was treated by them! "The customer is alway right." is more than lip service with these folks.
All I can say, WAY TO GO SKYKAT! YOU FOLKS ROCK!!!
You definetly will recieve future business from me.
Feet up, heads down, blue skies,
Landmissle

I started jumping at Raeford and swilled beer with just about everyone that walked across that DZ at some time or another. The people there are great. Especially Tony. He's a good guy and does everything humanly(and sometimes superhumanly) possible to please the customer. Even if it means he loses money. I can't count the number of situations I have seen just like yours where the customer came away extatic to have chosen Skykat to do business with. He has made me a life long customer and I will continue to buy from Skykat whenever I need new gear! :)"Shut up Dummy!"- Fred G Sanford

SkyKat does rock. Same sorta thing happened to me when I order my new Mirage from them, it was missing the hip rings! I had ordered them, but either they screwed up when they put the order to Mirage, or Mirage screwed up (don't know which one, I think they screwed it up when they sent the order to mirage) Tony told me to jump it (and try not to rough it up too much) and they put in another order for the right one. Good people, I'll order from them again.
I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad
I got sunshine, in a bag

Agreed. Though I haven't tried many gear stores so I don't have much to compare it to, SkyKat was extremely tolerant of my dumb and repeated questions. They also beat every other price on a CYPRES by $50, and the unit they were selling had its 4-year and new batteries less than a year ago, whereas most of the other units in that price and age range were coming close to needing another factory check and new batteries. I had zero problems with them and would immediately recommend them to anyone else.
I wanted to put some really inspiring lyrics here but none of them fit.
>< !!

Glad to hear that you guys had a great experience! When Laura and I ordered our gear, ParaQuip was very helpful and answered questions and let us demo the canopies.
THEN....after we paid them, we heard from them one time in over 2 months. I called them almost 10 times per week trying to get information and trying to get our order straightened out. Well, in the end, he had our rigs for over a week and didn't bother to take it to the rigger until I called about once per hour and left voice mails. Also, our rigs were not correct due to him (but Wings fixed it) and he NEVER ordered our gearbags that we ordered from him. This is pathetic.
I sure hope that you guys stick with SkyKat and keep them going strong because we need more people like that and not like my experience. Sure, I got great prices, but they were the same as SkyKat and/or ParaService.
Ok....I think I'm done complaining. *sigh*
-------------
http://www.JumpinDuo.com
"oh no. Not another one"-Alienangel

I couldn't agree more. My first dealings with them was when I bought my gear from SkymonkeyOne. The gear needed a cypress so I got a new one from Tony at a GREAT price. Chuck had it installed and the rig sent to me in no time! (thanks Chuck) My next purchase was 3 Dytters, without even asking Tony gave me a deal on them AND paid for the shipping. They run an EXCELLENT business! :)Tee :)

My next purchase was 3 Dytters

That's a little over cautious, isn't it? (Aren't you proud I didn't say anal?)

Lisa (reading invitation): "Come to Homer's BBBQ. The extra B is for BYOBB."
Bart: What's that extra B for?
Homer: That's a typo.
flyhiB|

That's a little over cautious, isn't it? (Aren't you proud I didn't say anal?)

Hey, these days, a girl needs protection. ;)
Only one was for me, a couple of friends jumped in on the order. We thought we would save on shipping costs that way (as $10 US is like $1000 canadian :D ), but Tony shipped it for free anyway. :)Tee

more Molsen XXX per dollar.

Speaking of Canadian beer: a couple of months ago we had a group of about 15 that came down just to screw around and jump our CASA and party. They broght with them a HUGE amount of Labatte's Maximum Ice. That was some pretty stiff beer; they were giving away at night to whoever would drink with them.
Chuck
My webpage HERE

Just thought I'd throw my two cents in. I had a little problem with my factory diver (see gear and rigging) anyway I needed some bolts and washers to hold the face shield on (flip up shield) the factory doesn't make them anymore so they told me to try some dealers. Well I called around quite a bit with no luck. Then remembered this thread. So I called skyKat, Tony had a couple of old ones and sent them out to me no charge. Now its not a big thing but its nice to know they take care of you when you need a rig or even if you just need a couple of bolts and washers. Thanks to skyKat I'll have my helmet back in action in a few days. I know where I'll be going for the rest of the gear I need. They do Rock!