harro

Best Jumpship

those are nice jump planes. there are two sitting right at the airport behind work now (they've been there for a while). The next door down also has a B-17 (24? can't remmeber) they work on every winter, and there has been a DC-3 parked there for the longest time also. then there's the heli's that take off an land on the other side of the building. I dont' go outside at work much, it drives me nuts!

Yeah but I think you also can get them with turbines. I think they call it a buffallo then. There is a drop zone with a Caribou but I don't think they jump it much. I can't remember where it is right now. Maybe someone else can help out.
William

The big draw at the Herd Boogie was always Caribous. Not bad planes, but TERRIBLY loud (radial engines) and most had slippery ramps from hydraulic leaks. The USAPT had them as their demo team staple until they bought their Fokker F-27 Friendships.
Joe Leith, an video guy (and BASE fanatic) in the old Carolina Council went in while filming an 8 or 12 man tube exit at The Halloween Boogie they used to have at Barnwell, SC in the early to mid '90s.
My webpage HERE

"Fokker F-27 Friendships"
ATC- "United 224 Heavy you've got a Fokker F-27 tracking NW 2 miles your 1 o'clock"
Pilot-"Atlanta Approach this is United 224 Heavy.....I always wanted to say this.....I've got that Fokker in sight!"
:D
"I got some beers....Let's Drink em!!!"
Clay

Gotta love the C182 for it's homey feeling, but my favorite has to be a S.Otter. Fast, good number of jumpers, nice sized door. But for fun, god I loved jumping a CASA...talk about fun :)Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.-General George Patton-

CASA is definately the best. It may take a little longer to get to altitude than a super otter, but god i love that tailgate. And it's the best plane to get a running start to tackle the video man and push him out of the plane. (Not that I would ever do such a thing, but if i was going to.....);)
Cowboy take me away, fly this girl as high as you can into the wildblue ~ Dixie Chicks

Ilyushin 76

was that the chopper?
Yea.. they used a big ass chopper for a few years... that would have been cool... Talking to some who went to those boogies, the last one they had was scary! a little too old and not too well maintained! lol.. thats why they went for the AN 72 after I think....
too bad we were in North America at the time... Norman kent has some cool pics of exits from those boogies in his book.
Remi
Muff 914