Strynx

Attraction

nope; enjoyed the occasional fatty or hash brownies back in th' hippie days- tried acid once and HATED it- got poisoned on purple microdot :P Those flyin' dreams are from age 3-up.... was only a hippie from ages 12-15 :D
Brokeneagle.
I'm really very gentle, no matter what my kung-fu teacher says...

I never quite gave it much thought. One night some friends and I got wasted and dared eachother to do it after talking about some extreme sports. But not tandem we wanted to do it on our own. So me and five people went down did the FJC, did the jump and, and well I was reborn instantaneously. I could not believe that I had not started sooner. The people around the DZ rock! Airports are just cool places to hang! Freefall free's your mind........
Funny side story, when I called my mother after my 1st jump I told her I wanted to come by the house and show her the video. When I got to the house she had a log book sitting on the table with over 60 jumps logged. She quit when I turned 5, though I don't remember her doing it. Too many round landings.............Pretty cool though huh..........She used to jump when it was dangerous..........
Sebazz
So thirsty for some air some brew............

Sebazz,
This is very cool!
BTW, did I tell you that I emailed the Skydive Space Center and told them you said hello. I have not received a response because I am sure they are all out jumping, since it is in the 80's down there! Or maybe they haven't responded because they think I am a psycho stalker because I email them too much....hmmm.
"I am a victim of my environment."
Chris

I guess, the freedom! The joy and accomplishment of doing something you always wanted to do, but were afraid, until...the day came and a friend wanted to jump too. I sure wish I hadn't waited so long for a friend to ask. Also, going against the 'norm'!

There is a good possibility that all of us are a bit psycho.........
Some more than others.............
It's Friday and the sun is setting to early for me to get to the DZ for sunset load..........................
Oh well beer thirty..............
Have a good weekend all...........

...some heartless bitch broke off our engagement with zero warning....enter my best friend (for the 100th time) asking me to start skydiving with him...I figured, "what the f**k!" I guess you could say that i traded her in on a canopy. I'd have to say that i got a better deal too!! i even called her to say thanks for being the bitch you are!! (it was the least i could do!)

'Cause I am not the quiet, bookish, take no chances and don't rock the boat kinda person my friends think I am, and it was time to prove it. I've always wanted to fly. Turning (gasp!) 30 had something to do with it too. ;)
And I think that losing my dad last year gave me a nasty taste of mortality, and it seemed like a waste to get any older without living.
No one soars too high, who soars with his own wings.

First tandem jump was done because hot air balloon rides were -too- expensive!
I wanted to get up in the air anyway and remembered a rep from a medical supply business telling me he did tandems on the side for fun and a bit of income! So...I called to schedule one of my own over beautiful Palm Springs.
First jump was the day my divorce was final. Wanted to do something for -myself- for a change! Now foot loose and fancy free I'm spending more money than that balloon ride would -ever- have cost me ;^0 ! I was hooked (in more ways than one)!!
ah...memories...
ltdiver

Snowbird,
I surprised a lot of people by doing a skydive. They were shocked to think that 'quiet' 'don't rock the boat' gal was doing a skydive! I've always wanted to and I didn't want to get older without living!! They still think I'm crazy.