bbarnhouse

In Honor Of DiverDriver

Here it is.........list all the nasty or even amusing things that have happened to you at an airport eg lost luggage,cancelled flights,harikrishna..... Have fun!
Okay I will start..I have lots of them.......I put together a cruise for 60 of my clients flying from PDX to Houston. We then had a great time on Norwegian's Texaribbean Cruise. ports of call included Cancun, Cozumel and Roatan Honduras. We had a marvelous time despite some weather.
On the return flight we traveled from Houston to Utah where 60 of us learned that our flight home had been detained by 6 hours due to " weather". Now here I am sicker than a poisoned dog suffering from Honduran Bottle Nose Dolphin Disease and having to deal with unhappy folks. Being the ever diplomatic person that I am....I ended up getting folks free meals, phone cards, blankets and just about anything else they wanted. Even vouchers! Boy were they glad to see me go. And YES I did put another cruise together..we went from Boston to Bermuda Baby! Only got caught in one little hurricane too.....what's your story?
It only takes a little pixie dust......

Hmm,
1) hit on by non-straight male flight attendants: twice.
2) hit on by straight female flight attendant and dragged back to hotel with her: once - the current g/f of 2 years now :)3) Furthest seperated from luggage - me in St.John's, Nfld, my bags in Hong Kong.
4) worst travel experience - on a companion pass to Costa Rica getting dumped in Mexico City for 2 days waiting for a seat -> take a city, drop it on a garbage dump, then drop another garbage dump on top of that, and you might have a nice part of Mexico City.

Ok, it didn't happen at an airport but in flight. I've been an airline pilot for over two years now and doing cabin announcements are pretty routine. Coming from Santa Barbara, CA to Denver we were about to pass over Las Vegas and Hoover dam. But, during the cabin announcement, I said "For those of you on the left side of the aircraft you can see Los Angeles and on the right Hoover Dam." DOOHHHH!!! I got done with this two minute cabin announcement to the lingering stare of my first officer. I said "What?" He told me what I did and I was sure he was just yanking my chain. But, no, he was right. So, I couldn't do anything but make another announcement pointing out how sharp my FO was and that we really did know where we were flying. According to the Flight Attendant the passengers were busting out laughing at the correction announcement. It's ok....My ego can handle it.......
Chris

Of course, no one has asked Chris WHY he was flying over Hoover Dam (Southof Santa Barbara) enroute to Denver (which is North and East) :)
Grew up way to fast, now there's nothing to believe, and reruns all become a history....

Not so happy ending......
In route from SeaTac to PHX the lady next to weighing in around 280 lbs, had a maasive heart attack and expired with the wine glass still in her hand during dinner. As mandated by the BOME I still had to render aid even though I knew it was fruitless. Being all of 114 lbs, I managed to get her on the ground and began CPR (in a skirt none the less). The plane changed it's route to Utah for an emergency landing only to get into a holding pattern due to weather (snow). Meanwhile, the expired woman lost control of her bodily functions....yes I was a mess! In addition I was wearing out. Unfotunatley, the flight crew was busy calming passengers, and their newest flight attendant on her first flight who was screaming and crying hysterically. The deceased woman's husband in the isle seat across from his wife, sat in schock with his wife's dentures still in his hands. By the time we landed on the ground, I needed a shower and some solitude. The Airline was kind enough to offer me a meal voucher for $5.00 which I declined. I would have at least welcomed a "thank-you" but that never came.
B

On a flight last month, the pilot got on and said "Uh, we're going to do a circle-to-land approach and land downwind, and it's snowing pretty good, and it's a short runway, so hang on back there." (This was Tom, one of our pilots, and we were flying in our Challenger 604, so at least there weren't a few hundred panicky passengers.) This didn't bother Ken and I too much, but Paul and Janet (both non-pilots) got very white and sunk their fingers into the chair arms. "OK, tell me what they're doing up there, Bill" said Paul at one point.
We landed with a great flurry of reverser-kicked-up-snow and anti-skid brake rattlings, but were fine. Paul later asked Tom "Now why the hell would you tell us that before we landed? You want to give me a heart attack?"
-bill von

Okay......do you measure age in life experiences or how many birthdays one has celebrated? "Dear God ,my mind tells me I am so much younger than that!"
Woman's day magazine says I CAN date younger men but only if I take my own age and subtract 7.......wonder where in Sam's hell thay came up with that figure?