Emmie

Bummer

I didn't get that manifest job I wanted. They would have hired me except I had to go back to school end of August, and they needed people to work through November. I guess I'll be stuck in my shit job untill I get out of college. This really sucks, if it wasn't for school I'd have the best job ever, but instead I have to go throw away another 30 grand, and hope that I'll be able to find a job with my majors, which is highly unlikely, since I'm and English and a Philosophy major. I can just see the future right now, a highly educated hobo with excellent writing skills. :)On the bright side, I'll get to stay at my old dropzone for the summer, which is my favorite place in the world, so it wont be all bad, except when I have to drag my ass to my horrible job.

I have a friend who was a Philosophy major and ended up trading energy derivatives. I was a Linguistics major and got a job in venture capital. My boss majored in English and sells software. You don't need to major in Economics to get a good job... so keep looking around, I'm sure you'll find something.
And make sure skydiving is on your resume somewhere, so you'll stand out from all the boring losers you'll be competing for jobs with. When you sift through hundreds of resumes trying to figure out who to talk to, anything that makes you memorable is good. It may sound like a gimmick, but it's true.
Joe

My uncle went on to get his PHD in philosophy, he's now a very succesful accountant.
I have a liberal arts degree, I'm a (hopefully succesful) Internet entrepreneur.
People who chose to focus on a traditional education rather then training can go in which ever direction they choose. They just have to work a bit harder when they get there.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
AIM: andrewdmetcalfe
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

emmie,
don't fret, you can always come live with me and beg for money on the streets....... when i get outa the air force i'm gona grow a beard, wear my old camo coat and sit on the corner beggin for money outside of the liquor store.... it shouldn't be that bad.....lol..... just think..if i would of went to college i would be graduating in a few months like my twin sis is.......

"i may not go to heven, i hope you go to hell"-C.C.