3fLiEr

I dont seem to find a post about Skreamers Weekend

**Here's where I made my screw up : Steve saw me poised in the door and thought I was going to jump, so he grabbed the top of my container and pulled - I then thought this was the signal to go and went WITHOUT first looking down.....**
4 miles out, and you think that this was the "screwup" on this dive. what about taking it all the way back to the planning of the dive? a pat on a container is hardly a signal to "go" visual contact must always be made, or a count with the arms, or legs. the second "screwup" was you should've "spotted" for yourself, don't ever rely on anyone else to do it for you. (and it looks like you realize this for yourself, judging by your remark) not flaming you, just some thoughts and ideas, personally i don't think that this is reason enough to ground you, but i don't know your history. one thing i pretty much know for sure, you won't do it again! be safe, take care.
Richard
"Rocket Engines Burning Fuel So Fast, Up Into The Night Sky They Blast, Releasing Fumes Into The Atmosphere, Earth Remains In Misery And Fear, YEAH!"
Ozzy Osbourne

Yes, lets share my story with the Whole Wide World so everybody can have a laugh at my expense.... :$
Wanna know what makes it even better? I was wearing my Rasta beanie with dredlocks(sp?) (it fits perfectly over my Bonehead), which (as I am told) adds to the comic effect....
Oh joy, its good to be me..... :(
Will [frantically calling Steve Park and trying desperately to bribe him to delete said footage....]
;)
"Don't die until you're dead"

Yes, but I'm crying on the inside.....

LOL....Trust me...this situation isn't half as embarassing as AN ENTIRE OTTER LOAD that got out well short of the DZ because the pilot accidently hit the green light instead of red. 21 people just piled out and not one of them bothered to look down. Now that....is embarassing. :)"I'm a danger to myself and everyone around me!"-Clay

LOL....Trust me...this situation isn't half as embarassing as AN ENTIRE OTTER LOAD that got out well short of the DZ because the pilot accidently hit the green light instead of red. 21 people just piled out and not one of them bothered to look down. Now that....is embarassing.

I was there and witnessed that!
Clay says...
Ooo... Nice Giraffe... Why don't you come lay down over here in this soft Savanna ??? That's it.....