ltdiver

Diets and Dying...

Diets & Dying
The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.
The French eat a lot of fat and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.
The Japanese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.
The Italians drink excessive amounts of red wine and also suffer fewer heart attacks than the British or Americans.

CONCLUSION:
Eat and drink what you like. Speaking English is apparently what kills you! ;)

I want to sie in my sleep or while having sex when I am old. I also wish that my wife and I would pass away at the same time so that there would be no mourning on either part for any length of time.
Who ever said comming down from a high was bad obviously never tried this.
Peter

I want to sie in my sleep or while having sex when I am old. I also wish that my wife and I would pass away at the same time so that there would be no mourning on either part for any length of time

Right... And then you can both be found 3 1/2 weeks later when you neighbors call the police because of a horrible stench eminating from the direction of your house, and they have to break down the door to get in. The rookie is over in the corner puking his guts out, all cause you wanted to die at exactly the same time as your wife.
;)
"Fixing the world through self-destruction."

I'm gone what better way to break in the new guy than to see some old man dick and some old woman boobies on day 1. If he has a weak stomach he should be a cop. Really, you are going to see awful car craches and murders, rape victums as well as junkies. Eww Glad you picked division #31 kind welcome to the job.
Who ever said comming down from a high was bad obviously never tried this.
Peter

And then you can both be found 3 1/2 weeks later when you neighbors call the police because of a horrible stench eminating from the direction of your house, and they have to break down the door to get in. The rookie is over in the corner puking his guts out, all cause you wanted to die at exactly the same time as your wife.

Well, that's a happy little bed-time story. Isn't it?
quade
http://futurecam.com

So then, explain to me why women live longer.

Perhaps 'cause we don't sit on our butts and type messages on an internet newsgroup all day (and night) long. :o
(sorry...I couldn't resist either.) :)No, really, we're just a more healthy and awesome sex. We're made that way. Ever hear the one of what the first words Adam said to Eve was, when he saw her for the very first time? He said, Wo-Man!! Kind of makes one :)ltdiver

Perhaps 'cause we don't sit on our butts and type messages on an internet newsgroup all day (and night) long.

I'm sorry. What was it you were just doing?
As for your Adam and Eve story . . . I have a feeling that version wasn't written by Moses. Maybe the mysterious "J", but probably not Moses. Who was "J"?
See; this.
quade

From the Straight Dope article part 1

Some scholars believe the J-writer was a woman, as described in The Book of J by David Rosenberg and Harold Bloom (1990).

And it is this theory to which I was refering to in my original come-back to ltdiver's Adam and Eve joke.
Lori -- it's not a dig. It's scholarly discourse.
What's wackey is that you're such a student of the Bible, I assumed you knew what I was talking about. I certainly didn't mean to offend you or your beliefs. I would hope that you know that I would never do that.
On further reflection, it occurs to me that I've mentioned the "J" was a woman theory to you before. During one of our long drive-talks. I guess you didn't remember that.
quade

I sure as hell can't understand women. Maybe it's not really English they're speaking.

That is true. Half the time they say "Yes" when they mean "No" and vice versa. Then they say "The flowers are lovely" when they really mean, "You ass, you were supposed to buy me diamond earrings and I won't forget this."
:D
Justin