Magistr8

Best Beer Commercial

This thread was concieved just after I saw the last Canadian beer commercial. The americians are bugging the candian sayig all the typical things " how aboot another beer" or It's pretty cold in here eh. Then ( the punch line ) they ask him where his pet beaver is. He pulls it out and it attacks you americians. And might I add that in the bloopers for that commercial the beaver drank a 12 of bud and had a slight buzz.
What are your favorite beer commercials
Who ever said comming down from a high was bad obviously never tried this.
Peter

This one:
" I'm not a lumberjack or a fur trader. I don't live in an igloo, eat blubber or own a dogsled.
I don't know Jimmy, Suzie or Sally from Canada, although I'm certain they're very nice.
I have a prime minister, not a president.
I speak English and French, not American.
And I pronounce it 'about,' not 'a-boot.'
I can proudly sew my country's flag on my backpack.
I believe in peacekeeping, not policing; diversity, not assimilation.
And that the beaver is a proud and noble animal.
A tuque is a hat, a chesterfield is a couch.
And it's pronounced zed. OK? Not zee. Zed.
Canada is the second-largest land mass, the first nation of hockey and the best part of North America.
"My name is Joe, and I am Canadian."
- Molson Canadian commercial
Cause it's a classic :)

And I pronounce it 'about,' not 'a-boot.'

Bullshit!!!!!!! :D Funny thing is....a couple years ago I went hunting with a bunch of convicted felons in Virginia that happen to be a good friend of mine's family. They all said "hoose" and "A-boot" WTF is up with that?
Also their favorite saying was....."Donny....take that damn orange off so we can go huntin on that guys land over there...." :D That weekend was hilarious........
"I'm a danger to myself and everyone around me!"-Clay

I guess it depends on whether or not you are talking to the equivilent of our hics or not. I know I say eh a bit but hey we canadians are pretty f***ing cool. As far a beer goes, Canadian VS Budwieser next time I come down to a DZ in the United States what do you say?
Peter

Another good commercial was the bud light commercial where the guy is launching cats, trash and trees from his rooftop chute. I absolutely love the look on the guys face when the tree lands right in front of him.
Peter

I like the Bud Light (I think) radio commericials...They salute the American working man!
One of them was a salute to the "Nudist Colony Activities Coordinator Director" and they just said some pretty funny stuff.
Only heard the commercial once last month, but it was damn funny.
peace,
-Adam

"SAB in talks to buy Miller - WSJ
Posted Wed, 03 Apr 2002
South African Breweries Plc is in exclusive talks to buy Miller Brewing Co. from Philip Morris Cos. for about US$5-billion, the Wall Street Journal reported in its online edition on Wednesday, citing people familiar with the matter.
The discussions are at an advanced stage and the companies hope to finalise terms in the next few weeks, the Journal reported. "

We are coming guys .....be afraid...be very afraid.:D
A little off topic but it's about beer;)
Sometimes you're the windshield.
Sometimes you're the bug ~~~~Dire Straits

i think you had your chain yanked... i've lived in 4 different provinces, visited all the others and i've never, ever heard anyone say 'aboot' unless they were referring to footwear. that said, it wouldn't surprise me if they did it on purpose just to play up to the sterotype ;).
now, you wanna hear someone talk funny, go to georgia! :D:D:D
nothing succeeds like a budgie with no teeth

Michty me Jock, ah huff tae agree wie ye ther manny.
Anither thing oor Hameraycan clansmen cannae say proper like is aloominaeyum, that fair bugs the poop oot oh me an aw...Bein' a injuneer, ah huv tae listen tae a constant bletherin' oh technical pisspronounseeaushun aw day min!
An faur ah come fae, a moose is nae a muckle great horny hairy beastie........An its aw right tae hit em wie a car!!!
Ah have tae feel fer them Canadian loons tho, they got neighbours fit are almost as bad as oors min! ;)
An ra best beer ads in aw the whirled are the Guiness yins.......
Wheech.
Cya
D

And it's pronounced zed. OK? Not zee. Zed.

When you sing the alphabet jingle, even a four year old can tell that the line following "q r s, t u v" is not supposed to be "w x, y and ZED".
PTiger
"Cookies, elevator, french fries, truck; don't say 'petrol' or you suck." --The Straight Dope
I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in a most peculiar way

No realli! She was Karving her initials øn the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law -an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"...
...gotta love google!
nothing succeeds like a budgie with no teeth

I agree with the alphabet jingle and the Zee being pronounced Zee not zed but what about how you spell night nite or color colour?. Wierd is how we try to be different for no reason.
The mile vs. the kilometer the Yard Vs the Foot etc etc.
Peter