Doug_Davis

Ralph Hatley?

Anybody know this guy Ralph Hatley?
He advertises in all the magazines as having the best prices. But his website doesnt actually list any available gear or prices, so I emailed asking about it.
I got a couple of replies asking what I was looking for, what size I am, how many jumps I have and where I jump. I sent a reply back with all the info.

I havent heard squat since then despite emailing back a few times. What gives?

Doug_Davis

Anybody know this guy Ralph Hatley?
He advertises in all the magazines as having the best prices. But his website doesnt actually list any available gear or prices, so I emailed asking about it.
I got a couple of replies asking what I was looking for, what size I am, how many jumps I have and where I jump. I sent a reply back with all the info.

I havent heard squat since then despite emailing back a few times. What gives?

Ralph has been around the skydiving scene for over 50 years, so yeah, he's a real person.

Try calling him instead of emailing. He is a senior citizen after all :)

as far as "what gives" - no one knows but him.

Doug_Davis

Ok I will try calling him tomorrow.

I did notice that his website has shut down as of today as well. Thought maybe he went out of business.

Not really a website, just a page with contact info on it. Don't bother email, he still uses AOL with a dial up. (I am not kidding) He is still in business and flying loads at his DZ every week. Call him, he still has the largest inventory of new and used gear on the planet.
Onward and Upward!

ZigZagMarquis

Over the years, I've bought a rig, Cypres, reserve and a coupld of mains through Ralph and never had a problem.

Like most have said, pick up the phone and call him!

Did anyone suggest calling him?

What's the number. I'm having trouble finding it.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Sure makes it easier to call when there's a number. I found links to defunct websites and links to other threads with links to ... yep, you guessed it, defunct websites.

My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

hookitt

Sure makes it easier to call when there's a number. I found links to defunct websites and links to other threads with links to ... yep, you guessed it, defunct websites.

I am sure there are still some people jumping canopies with the white panel with Call Ralph and the number on them...

evan85

Ralph was a little slow to keep in touch with me, but ended up getting me a good deal on a new reserve and AAD. Would definitely go to him again. Use the phone.

................................................................................

Ralph has helped lots of my customers get decent deals on new parachutes.
Just be cautious when Ralph offers to sell you "slightly-used" parachutes!
Hah!
Hah!

riggerrob

***Ralph was a little slow to keep in touch with me, but ended up getting me a good deal on a new reserve and AAD. Would definitely go to him again. Use the phone.

................................................................................

Hah!
Hah!

I was assured mine was brand new. But then again, I had him ship them straight to my rigger and I haven't yet had the opportunity to see it yet. Will have to see if the first time I get to use it there's a big "Call Ralph" patch on the side :D

evan85

******Ralph was a little slow to keep in touch with me, but ended up getting me a good deal on a new reserve and AAD. Would definitely go to him again. Use the phone.

Hah!
Hah!

I was assured mine was brand new. But then again, I had him ship them straight to my rigger and I haven't yet had the opportunity to see it yet. Will have to see if the first time I get to use it there's a big "Call Ralph" patch on the side :D

I doubt if your new reserve will have "Call Ralph" advertisements on its end ribs.
Most "Call Ralph" canopies were ZP mains sewn in South Africa between 1990 and 2010.

Amazon

I am sure there are still some people jumping canopies with the white panel with Call Ralph and the number on them...

I jumped with a guy who ordered a main from Ralph. He had it shipped to me to install and pack. When I opened it and suspended it to inspect, there was that big white patch with 'Call Ralph...' on it. I didn't tell the guy and let him discover it when he made a jump on it that week-end. I'll put it this way... he was not happy! It was the cause for a lot of laughs. I did get paid before his 'discovery'. :D

Chuck