MrHixxx

Daddy's new baby

For all you motorcycle enthusiasts out there. I just got my new bike past the break in period on the motor and I am sittin' here with some serious perma-grin after a ride. I attached a pic from the yamaha website of Daddy's new baby in all her glory. The sick part is, the colors match my rig... Is that so wrong?
Go Fast, Take Chances - Hixxx
"Sous ma tub, Dr Suess ma tub" :S

998 cc, fuel injection, 150 hp at the rear wheel, 170 at the crank. 382 lbs dry weight and just plain sexy!!!
It is my third R1. Had a 98 that was totaled out from under me by a full size pick up (yup, that hurt). Just traded in a 2000 for this one, couldn't resist the improved frame, hp, and silver/black.
-Hixxx

Women? Who needs them when you can go 190 or faster. Very nice bike. It takes balls to ride one of them. The fuel injection sets it apart from everything else out there, except the Honda which also has the FI. What does that thing top out at? Those are when leather is a nice thing.
Yes I love you.....having sex with me.

I had my 2000 up to 174 on the speedo when it was new

Whew, I was thinking this might have been your first bike.. And then the eternal question, knee dragger, or squid? :)Oh yeah, and a guess on the quote, was it by Leslie Nielson?
--
Give them a sip of the darkside, and they just thirst for more.

Oh yeah, and a guess on the quote, was it by Leslie Nielson?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is from the movie Killing Zoe...
My first bike was a 95 CBR 900, which was fun too...
-Hixxx

And then the eternal question, knee dragger, or squid?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still a squid, the dunlop 208s aren't quite as sticky as the 207s on the other bike, so I am still in a bit of a confidence building program with the turns.
-Hixxx

Jon,
All right you're a Yamaha guy. My baby is a pristene 1993 FZR-600... (remember form our conversation I'm lighter that you.)
My FZR has 38000 miles on the bike... about 2000 stoh... along with port, polish, time by a factory team guy...
Ain't these toys great! I checked out the thread thinkin you were expecting (like we are). Something about two wheels.
(yea the 84 will excite you!)
Chris
Something about goin 150 mph with yer face about 3 feet from the asphalt! YOU know what I mean.

Very cool bike btw. I haven't tried the 208's yet, started with Metzlers, then went to 207's and like them.
<-- Here's my current squidly beast, her name is Thumper
--

Nice bike Hixx. I was "lucky" and got the '97 model just before the complete redesign. I am quite a bit too big for the R-1. But the 1000R fits perfectly, and after 23,000 miles I love her more now than when we first met. :D I have the black/silver model, and have been wondering when, or if, they would put those colors on the R1...the result is quite nice. I have a buddy who might be on his third R1 by now...he totalled the first two! Idiot. >:(
FallRate

I think it will hit about 180. I had my 2000 up to 174 on the speedo when it was new.

SWEET!!! Be aware though that bikes are notorious for having overly optimistic speedo's. When Motorcyclist did their top-speed test on the Hayabusa the speedo showed about 210 to 220 when the bike was actually doing about 190. It was certainly hauling ass either way but that's quite a difference.
That being said...I've had my '96 Ninja ZX9-R up to an indicated 165. Despite the fact that it's been geared down it was still accelerating when I ran out of road and had to shut it down. I'm guessing I was probably somewhere around 150.
Now I skydive and the poor bike sits in my garage wanting for attention. Anyone want to buy a '96 ZX9-R?
Blues,
Trey

Now I skydive and the poor bike sits in my garage wanting for attention.

LOL, same here, I used to ride everywhere, but then I started skydiving and now I have a garage ornament.. I did finally break down and sell the Gixxer, and just have the TLR now.
--

That is a nicely nutured TLR. Hands down, v-twins sound the coolest. I was real close to buying a 748 this year, but I just couldn't give up the ponys.
On the skins, I think I am going back to the 207s. I loved the Metzer Z-1s I used to have on my CBR.
-Hixxx
-Hixxx

I think i'm in love....come take me for a ride anytime!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
See you at Dollar Daze... I usually have a club member haul my gear so I can ride. It is a nice two hour ride on curvy roads with some hills. Hum, this is starting to sound like something else :)
-Hixxx

See you at Dollar Daze... I usually have a club member haul my gear so I can ride. It is a nice two hour ride on curvy roads with some hills. Hum, this is starting to sound like something else :)

Mmm....a two-hour ride on that sweet bike....i wonder how many multiple O's i can have!!:)"And to those who have seen it, it's a true work of art"

Mmm....a two-hour ride on that sweet bike....i wonder how many multiples O's i can have!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll count, you can just enjoy the ride :)
-Hixxx