gale

Mad at a Paraglider

I work at a copy shop and we often print out people's business cards. Last night I'm emailed one for a paragliding instructor and I think "cool, I've never done that and it would be nifty to talk to him about it. It's not skydiving but we kind of have that in common..." (It was a slow night.)
So he comes in and we're talking about it, and he says "oh skydiving, I've done that, it was boring. It sucks."
BORING???? SUCKS???? I did not want to talk to that guy after that. Not only did I think he was loony but he insulted my new obsession... He should see how much he gets charged now...
Gale
Isn't life the strangest thing you've ever seen?

I can't imagine anyone doing any skydive and think it was boring! He was probably too scared to do another skydive and couldn't handle jumping out of the plane, so paragliding is easier to handle. I would like to paraglide though, sounds interesting and fun.......but no freefall :(
J

Good thing you didn't make a static line as your first jump ... you might have though skydiving sucked and was boring

Are you making fun of me again? And the only reason i hated static line is cause the canopy ride terrified me, not cause i thought it was boring.
"You have not truly lived, til you've known someone worth dying for"

Don't blame the attitude on para-gliders in general, blame it on one arrogant a-hole.
Chance are he got bored sitting around the DZ waiting for his airplane ride. Lets' face it, airports are boring places unless you are flying.
I tried para-gliding back in the 1980s and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I did static line and thought it was great - at least until I got onto freefall !!

Well typical story...i did a tandem thinking i would do it once and got hooked. The only way to train at my dz was static line. I already knew i loved freefall and just had to deal with the "work" or S/L to get to freefall. The canopy ride really did terrify me til i had about 50 jumps or so....
"You have not truly lived, til you've known someone worth dying for"