hobbes4star

jumps per year??

I'm more coming from where PilotDave is on this one. So far, I have 78 jumps in over two years.

I don't have goals of x hundred jumps per year. My goal is more like, "Avoid having to do recurrency jumps." With a minimum of a 2-hour drive to the nearest DZ, a wife and new baby, the hard part is finding time to get away and jump.

It also seems like many people have tons more leave time than I do, and are always taking off to go on skydiving trips. [whining] Must be nice. I'm stuck in my office all the time, so I just post whore instead. [/whining]

I don't have goals of x hundred jumps per year. My goal is more like, "Avoid having to do recurrency jumps." With a minimum of a 2-hour drive to the nearest DZ, a wife and new baby, the hard part is finding time to get away and jump.

Right now your priorities are with the wife and daughter. The baby will grow up eventually and you'll have more time to jump. It's actually very respectable that you put your wife and daughter before skydiving:)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

It's actually very respectable that you

Oh, shit! "Respectable" and me in the same sentence? The end of the world must be near! ;)

I figure coming with me to the DZ and packing my rig will be part of her "household chores" by about 5th grade. She is going to earn that allowance money! :P

Well, it wasn't planned, but I made 400 skydives my first year. Now it has been a year and 3 months and I have 533 jumps!!!
I would like hit 1000 by my 2 year mark. That's my goal!:)

BooYa#1
GR#50
You might be a skydiver if... Your having sex and she whispers in your ear "I've never done this before" and you yell out "Case of Beer"

Yep, it's been very up and down for me. I have made between 400 and 450 a year for the past three years, but have had several years where I had other priorities and only made maybe 50 or 60 a year. It is reasons like that why it took me 21 years to reach 3000. I was laughing about it yesterday with two of my contemporaries, Geno Suarez and Paul Rafferty. They have both been jumping as long as me, but have 8000 and 14000 jumps respectively. Oh well, they haven't owned three Corvettes, two Harleys, and a ten foot tall truck either. B| Happily, I have gotten all that out out of my system, and have buckled back down into full-time skydiving. It amazes me that I get paid to do this shit.

Chuckie

Now it has been a year and 3 months and I have 533 jumps!!!

[jealous]
I must be in the wrong line of work. Either that or my mistake is having a house. There is no way I could spend that kind of cash on jumping and still pay the bills. :S
[/jealous]

Wow. That is a lot of jumping. :)

I agree with the part about hitting 1001, especially as I am working on headdown and it has been a challenge. There will always be those at the large DZ's around here who are better, so enjoy your time in the air and relax. Now I am having jumps recently where I am getting control, but it has taken a bunch of jumps since last fall, and of course some jumps are RW camera, sitfly, etc. For this reason, without setting an actual goal in the beginning, I am ending up at about 400 jumps per year to handle all this with some degree of progress and currency, although when I begain nearly 5 years ago it wasn't that high (now at 1133 total).

To my fellow jumpers, I'd say that it's good to have a goal on which to work, but it's also nice not to be working on a challenge on EVERY jump so that you can't as easily have fun and enjoy the beauty and friends. It's OK to coast once in a while.

Harry
I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

This year i set out to finish the year with 500 jumps...i am at like 375 right now so it's definitely doable. More than that i have goals for the year. I wanted to be able to take docks headdown by the end of the year...well i was doing that in May. Now i wanna really polish it. I also wanna start doing sky-ball stuff...I did one jump on Sunday with a ball and it kicked ass.

blue skies
Tomas

Yeah, im looking next year at a three month stint jumping maybe 300 jumps (will be jumping as much as i can all week round)- come back to the UK with a fatter log book. AFF, BFF + 280 jumps. Ambitious maybe, but it will be as fun as jumping out of a plane 300 times- so it should keep me going :)

I have 32 jumps right now. I'd be happy if I finished the year out at 62 and taking the canopy control class...but unless I get kissed by the cash God, or someone wants to donate some equipment to me, that's gonna be a squeeker for me. This year has been about seemingly singlehandedly supporting some silly eye surgeon (this last one was number 3 -and the most extensive and worst...oh well, it's over now, thank God!!!).

Ciels and Pinks-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I get about 50 - 60 jumps a year ... not much, but we are a single c-182 dropzone, and it's tough to get in more than 2 or 3 jumps a day! I do most of my jumping in the spring/summer after work on weekdays, so that means 1 jump per day usually.

You've done 105 jumps since the end of May?!?!? I want your income/credit limit!

Er - NO you DON'T!!!! I haven't worked in months. I am as broke as my leg was a few months ago! But I went through a lot this past year with the accidents, the divorce, the move, etc. I deserve to just let it all out and have some fun. I'll deal with the consequences later. In the meantime, I'm having a blast and learning SO much! And some work is finally starting to come my way. It'll all work out. I've spent my entire life abstaining from completely enjoying myself. Now it's my turn. Yippeeeeee! Now.... time to go change my phone number again. j/k

happy dove

I'm about to start measuring in years per jump. I have 55 over the last 4 years. Can anyone beat that?

Dave

Well, I did my first jump in 1996, the only one for the next two years. Since then I have only gotten in 65 jumps. I keep injuring myself in non skydiving related activities. I've broken my right femur twice now. Since I started jumping I've had to take the FJC three times because I keep having to take more than a year off at a time. Right now I'm not jumping because of money, or rather the lack thereof, but I should be back up soon. Once I get back up I'm hoping to really get serious about it and get a bunch of jumps in.

Bill

Dude..would you stop hurting yourself!!!! ;)

No kidding, huh? After the second time I broke it (playing paintball, if you can believe that), my mom actually told me that I should stick to safer activities.... like Skydiving. :P

You come from nothing. You go back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!