Michele

MMMMMM........Got the call from ESPN today...

Michele,

Fuckin' Awesome! Totally cool. (Okay, so I have a very limited vocabulary.)B| You ROCK and those dz dweebs can fuck off! :o(sorry, didn't know another way to express myself.) Anyways, come on over the hill to Elsinore if want. You know we are cool.:)
Shark
CCS-1242

Yeah, tell them about the really great people at Elsinore! (camera flyer) and about the Big Way on Saturday (camera flyer). ;)

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana" -Groucho Marx- "Tom flies like a rock" -Tom Carson-

Girl, when you want video and a coach jump, you go all the way don't you!

I'm with Andyman, true colors come out and sometimes it's not a pretty sight. Don't let these people get you down, just go have the best time of your life with it! There is a reason ESPN picked you and not them!

I hope this is just the beginning for you and it opens a lot of doors and opportunities for you. Like many have said here before, you've showed us your vulerable side with your stories, you've been a shoulder to lean on and have given us support when we needed to know that someone else is going through the same thing.

Don't worry about that 50 lbs., the haircut is doable, and it's there someone out there that would like to see their company name advertised on your helmet, jumpsuit, rig?? Hell, we're talking major advertisement time here!! (Think new rig, new jumpsuit, new helmet!)

Here's to you girl, you go (raising coffee mug)!!

Diva

Michelle,

Good job girl...

Bring us up to date on how this all started. I remember seeing the post, I just can't remember when it was.

Screw the folks who don't wish you well. Every person here started skydiving for a good reason and is probably a better person for it!!! The story and exposure will be great for the sport.

Great Job!!!!!

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

Good luck, Michele....and have fun.

Three things to remember....

1) You should definitely wear a DZ.com shirt, since you're such a big part of this scene.

2) HAVE FUN WITH THE JUMP ITSELF !! Don't start worrying about what you're going to do, or your skill level.....just throw a backloop in there -- that'll impress the whuffos enough, and you don't need to impress us skydivers anymore than you already have.

3) Get me Linda Cohn's phone number. :)

Don

( 4)....be sure to post the date it will air)
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

RIGHT on MICHELE!!!!!!

[lummy dances away]I'm getting my Boobie signed by a STAR,I'm getting my Boobie signed by a STAR :ph34r::P[/lummy dances away]
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Morning!

Since more than a few of you have asked about how this came about, here's how it happened...

I have my cutaway on Level 3. I write the post "Man, I owe so much Beer", and somehow it manages to touch you guys. Sangiro puts it on the front page. I decide to submit it to Parachutist and Skydiving, but get turned down because it "doesn't appeal to a wide audience". Over the next several months, I get a few e-mails from other websites asking if they can post the story, and I agree (but only if they link back here - gotta give HH his credit, too!). Then, it all quiets down, and I basically forget about it. I go through the surgeries, and, with this last one, don't check my e-mail for about 2 weeks. Once the headaches have lessened, I can get through the backlog, and can rip the bandage off my eye, I see that someone has e-mailed me. I read the message, and crack up. I figure it's one of you guys trying to cheer me up from having surgery, so I call the number. Guess what? It's real. I run a check on the name of the production co (offshoot of ESPN - local subcontractor or something), and verify that these people are real, and honest, and it's true. But it's still in the talk stage, and I don't believe it.

Two weeks ago, I did a phone interview with the producer, and she agrees that she wants to use the story, if we can get it timed right. Well, knowing the industry, it's still about 98% chance that it's not gonna go. In any event, it's the funniest thing, so I tell my family - Dad in particular is in hysterics over this (he now leaves messages for me as "Airweenie").

And then....the call yesterday.

That's how it came about. I had nothing to do with it, and really thought that one of you did this. But no, it looks like chance played the leading role in this joke.

And no, I haven't figured out how to get people to 'sponsor' me...or get new gear out of it. I haven't got an agent, and I know that they are paying the school and my JM's, but I dunno how to finagle it. Oh well, I doubt Tonysuit or Wings could get something together in 12 days anyway...

But still! OHMYGAWD!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your support and generous well-wishes. I still don't understand why the people at my DZ are being like this.
And I have ordered my DZ.com shirt, but dunno if it will get here in time.

But I will also mention that word has gotten out in my company, and at a huge midyear party last night, one of the higher-ups may be interested in having me talk to his advertising people, and see if there isn't something "big" we can do with this...and yes, they will get charged a ton if we incorporate skydiving into the spring advertising campaign.

This monster just keeps growing. And it's all because of HH, and rejection by Parachutist and Skydiving...who'd'a thunk it?

Ackkkkkkkkk! I am nervous already! Geesh! Will you all laugh at me if I tank the landing? Pleeeeeeeeeeze don't....

Ciels and Pinks-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Yes, I'll sign your boobie....let's just hope yours are not as pronounced as mine....LOL...

Ciels and Pinks-
Michele
(btw, look at your keyboard and see how easily "pinks" becomes "punks"....LOL....my most often made typo!..hows that for a salutation -Ciels and punks - ...LOL...:)

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Over the next several months, I get a few e-mails from other websites asking if they can post the story, and I agree (but only if they link back here - gotta give HH his credit, too!).

You mean like here?
Yeah, I'll just assume it was me... had nothing to do with dz.com... nope... all me. When you become rich and famous, remember the little people (me)
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

Yes, I'll sign your boobie....let's just hope yours are not as pronounced as mine....LOL...

OMG.. OMG... I can't take a shower now !!! Ahhhh...... Sigh.... ;)
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

And it's all because of HH, and rejection by Parachutist and Skydiving...who'd'a thunk it?

Send them both e-mails thanking them for the rejection and tell them about the praise your story has recieved. Also, mention the fact that due to them rejecting you, you are going to be interviewed on ESPN, etc. You know, very nicely rub their noses in it.;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Michelle my dear I am soo proud of you and all that you have overcome. As for Ideas for Sponsors. Are you going to be doing Serious RW or Just the re-enactment type stuff. If that is it, I have a few suggestions that I will send you.
I am soo proud.
Chris

Hey Michelle, good for you!

Don't worry about the folks spreading negative energy, or any of that other stuff ('cept maybe try and land on your feet for the tv people!;))

It sounds to me like ESPN is looking to do a story about a real person learning to skydive, someone people can identify with. And they chose YOU!! How cool is that???