freeflyswc

do you have a proplem with gay jumpers

Ok, this might sound a little harsh, but if you want to be accepted by a society, then just go about your business and don't make a big deal about it. For the most part, nobody cares. Really.***

I totally agree with Quade. Don't you think that so-called "profiling" adn the corresponding "politically correct" has gotten a little bit out-of-hand? And it's only because we all make such a big deal out of it.

For example: Blacks, Jewish, Homosexuals.

These are all examples of "minorities" that always think they are being scrutinized by the rest of the people. Like Quade said, most of the time, nobody cares.

I think you are only a minority if you feel like one. Take it from me, I'M 100% MEXICAN (or should I say fair skinned latino?!?!?), I live in TJ, and most of my fellow skydivers "think they have seen my entire family walking across the Otay mountains to illegaly get into the U.S. (they obviously mean it in good fun).

Give it a rest. Live life the way you want it, and respect others.

Just my $2.00 pesos

I know it's okay. This has become quite a heated thread! However, we're still hearing people say it doesn't matter, but they are still insinuating (sp?) and presuming. Until (and it will never happen), we can just accept people for who they are without putting a "label" on them, things will always be the same. (I know this will be lost through printed words and not spoken words):|
I don't know, I've found this issue rather paradoxical. On the one hand, we should accept each other's differences, but should the differences be a non-issue? Should we pretend we do not notice other people's differences? That to me seems as narrow-minded and counter-productive as being prejudiced in the first place. On the other hand, to value and appreciate these differences by its very nature makes an issue out of them. It's a thorny issue, I guess. :S

A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

...here goes. i'm a lesbian, and i have been since i was 13. *exhale* i feel better now. furbuger munchers of the world unite! B|

Me too. I'm a lesbian stuck in a man's body!!! I've know ever since I met this sexy girl..

me: "How about you and me baby?"
her: "Sorry kid but I'm a lesbian"
me: "what's a lesbian?"
her: "Well, you see that hot girl over there by the bar? I'd like to go over there, tear her clothes off and make love to her like an animal!"
me: "Oh, I guess I'M a lesbian too!"

;)

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

Until (and it will never happen), we can just accept people for who they are without putting a "label" on them, things will always be the same.

Well, that's a trap that can work both ways.

A lot of groups chose to label themselves in ways that probably aren't very helpful to their cause. "Queer Nation" for instance, probably isn't really too helpful.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

this in a public forum, so here goes. i'm a lesbian, and i have been since i was 13. *exhale* i feel better now.

Damn, Richard.....you shoulda' been in the pub last night....a cute little thang had her strap on all warmed up and waitin' for ya!

Peas~
Lindsey
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I know it's okay. This has become quite a heated thread! However, we're still hearing people say it doesn't matter, but they are still insinuating (sp?) and presuming. Until (and it will never happen), we can just accept people for who they are without putting a "label" on them, things will always be the same. (I know this will be lost through printed words and not spoken words)

Not TRUE.... accepting people based on who they are and not by what religion, skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc... is an individual process. I am only responsible for myself, and I chose to accept peopel for who they are. Other people want to be close minded and not see the what really matters, that's their choice. C'est la vie....

Oh, and Richard, one of these days we're gonna meet and I'm gonna give you the biggest KISS on the lips you've EVER gotten in your life(maybe some tongue for added effect too) And I'm gonna laugh my ASS off watching you freak out ;)
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Should we pretend we do not notice other people's differences?

See, that's what's really funny about me. I don't pretend. It is just the way I am. I don't notice other's differences - I see "samenesses". There is no pretense. It's just how I am.

Ciels and Pinks-
Michele

Everyone wants to have an advantage in the world, and everyone wants to be able to get to the end and say that they have overcome adversity.

The irony is that when one is a memeber of a minority, they feel supressed, and want to break free of stereotypes that may come along with being a member of that group, and be treated the same as everyone else. At the same time, to be treated the same as everyone else takes away the advantage that they have being able to say that they are prejudged based on their skin color or religion, etc. Every group seems to want the best of both worlds, and it just can't happen. That goes for everyone, whites, blacks, asians, gays, everyone.

The funny thing is that we all want to belong, we all want to have a group with which we can identify. If we were just to let down the walls which have been built by society and accept one another for who we are, we would all belong to the most enormous group possible, the human race. Instead of walking down the street and feeling a connection to another person of the same color or sexual preference, we would be able to feel a connection with everyone we meet. It's idealistic, but why should we set our sights on anything less?

-S

I think you are only a minority if you feel like one.

No you are a minority if you are not part of the majority... this is not a bad thing ... it is the english language....

Besides, it is now said that being part of a minority group is where the power is in North America! The one most discriminated against on a regular basis is the White-hetrosexual-male aged 18-25... Think about it real hard.. Whatch TV and you'll see a black man saying "Damn! You white folk just cant dance!" Or something like that... turn the tables??? I don't think so (Could you immagine the trouble there would be if we had a channel called "White entertainment television"? - refering to BET)

Helen, Will and Grace, Queer as folk (and I'm sure there are more) are shows about gay life -and they all contained several knocks on straights...

The average white male has been rendered silent by what we call Pollitical Correctness. I might add that the PC behaviour lives solely in North America.

My Karma ran over my Dogma!!!

See, that's what's really funny about me. I don't pretend. It is just the way I am. I don't notice other's differences - I see "samenesses". There is no pretense. It's just how I am.

Does this mean that do not see differences at all? Or that you choose to see samenesses rather than differences? These are not exactly the same.
As I've been sitting here thinking about this (hey, thanks all for making me think at work!!), I guess when I get to know somebody on a personal level, those samenesses and differences distill a bit and just become who that person is to me. It's a lot easier to categorize people whom you do not know. Still, there are tons of people out there that I will never get to know personally, and I want to be able to humanize people that I don't know, too
I think this lost a lot of meaning in the typing...[unsure]

A One that Isn't Cold is Scarcely a One at All

----------------------

If I ask you if I am white or black, I think you will know the answer. To say that one does not notice differences is absolutely not accurate, and to not notice differences is not any more beneficial than to focus on the differences directly. In that case, we would be bodiless, voiceless orbs that share one thought.

-S

I don't care if you're gay, straight, bisexual.
I don't care if you're a certain religion.
I don't care if you're another nationality than me.
I don't care if you're another race than me.

I DO care. It just doesn't bother me one way or another.

As far as making fun: Gay people make fun of us straight people A LOT. :)

"Your mother's full of stupidjuice!"
My Art Project

Interesting thread. I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area, and worked in restaurants through the 80's while in school. Every single gay man I worked with at that time, about 20 from the 3 different restaurants I worked at, is dead from AIDS.

Gay men and lesbians in my experience are generally really well educated, articulate, and have wicked senses of humor and observation. My boss is a gay man, and his partner is HIV positive.

I'm Catholic. Want to talk about the transubstantiation of the body of Christ during the Eucharist?

You feel the difference when we switch from sexual orientation to religion?

We shouldn't bash anybody.

I laughed so freakin hard this past Saturday working at a local DZ. This place has about 20 gay and lesbian flamers and a six-foot transgender man with D-cup implants. A really fun, colorful group to just people watch, but nobody that I can see is going "psst. Look at that!" Nobody really cares.

I say I can't commit to shooting camera on Sunday because I go to Church with my family, and not only the 4 way team I'm talking to, but a couple of people within earshot are physically startled. If I had said "I can't normally make Sundays because that's the day I break kittens necks" people would have looked at me the same way. They are like, "but, why?"

This is a good place to air it out, but I vote that we leave all that at the hangar door. Politics, religion, sexual orientation, imposing your morality should stay off airport property.

And rest assured, if I know you're gay, and you crater at my drop zone, I will give you mouth-to-mouth until the pros arrive.

Cheers. Load one departs in 18 and a half hours.

I am so there.

Oh, and Richard, one of these days we're gonna meet and I'm gonna give you the biggest KISS on the lips you've EVER gotten in your life(maybe some tongue for added effect too) And I'm gonna laugh my ASS off watching you freak out ;)***

if i were you, and i'm not, i wouldn't even entertain the idea. trust me when i tell you, you would literally loathe my reaction. homey don't play that.

--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

Oh, and Richard, one of these days we're gonna meet and I'm gonna give you the biggest KISS on the lips you've EVER gotten in your life

i wouldn't even entertain the idea.

yes, but Richard, what if it were me running to give you a big ol' kiss? Would you let me? ;););)

(teasing you, Richard....)
Ciels and Pinks-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

I agree, a lot of groups WANT to be labeled and it is a trap that can work both ways, what I meant is the negative name labeling or calling by individuals.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

I think he'd secretly like it though...

Hehehe... yeah, I can see Richard awake at nite thinking "if only....."
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1