Kris

My Rantoul Story

Okay, I know I haven't been around in a while but I had to rebuild my computer and catch-up at work.

I just have to say that the WFFC was a blast! I had a great time meeting everyone and we pulled off some really great skydives.

Skybytch: The tent's official mom. She's 200% cooler in person and quite the hottie. I'll never look at riding on the back of a golf-cart with you the same way again.B|

Phreezone: Thanks for coming up with the Margarita run in the C-130 bar. That was almost as good as the tube-dive.

Jessica: I kept looking for the attack parrots but she obviously had them schooled in ninja-like avoidance techniques.

Skydiverchick: Carrie rocks! We had some great skydives and she's a blast to talk to. That and the fact that she flashed me 5-seconds after introducing herself to me didn't hurt either.:$ Great sit skills, she was all over me on the dive but I couldn't get close enough to snag her bikini top. Next time... Thanks for giving Jamie the "Sonic Meat" idea for my Rodriguez Brothers name!

Omri: This cat is so laid-back we had to check his pulse.

Sunshine: Heh. Sorry about the twirly cookies. I finally figured out what you were talking about and I have a box sitting on my desk right now. That was also a nice head-down to sit dive we went on with Jamie & Carrie!

Wildblue: Stoic but cool to be around. It was nice to finally meet you.

Clay: The sheep were safe at Rantoul! He was too busy drinking, recovering and skydiving to make a run at his wooly friends.

Skymedic: Damn. I thought I had fall-rate. You surprised me on that sit-dive and I had to go into a stand to catch you. But we had stability locked on the hill and after we matched fall-rates we had great proximity. That was too cool!:D

FallinWoman: Ann, you're a real sweetie. Try to keep Marc out of trouble. (Or is that the other way around...?)

Rhino: This guy blew away all the impressions I had made about him before meeting him in person. You're a standup guy, Rob. That was also a pretty nice swoop you pulled off at the pond. I also have to give Rob credit for his part in the Rantoul drama. Me and the other guys agreed, if it had been anyone of us doing what you did we wouldn't have shown your restraint and someone would have needed an orthopod.:)

Jceman and Lynn: Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! For providing a meeting place for all of us to get together. It was awesome being on that hybrid with you.

Jamie: Saved you for last bro! I don't know if you've joined the boards yet but I just wanted to say thanks for all the crazy dives we pulled off! This guy showed up at the DZ.COM tent early in the week and made himself at home. He's the definition of "Good People", always had something nice to say, would jump with anyone (belly or freefly) and he's so hip he can barely see over his own pelvis.

I also went on my 200th at the convention which was also my Rodriguez brothers dive. Thanks to Jamie, Jared and Skydiverchick. The dive was me in the middle with the heels of my feet hanging over the edge of the tail looking at the pilot. I had Jamie on one side and Carrie on the other with AFF-style grips on me. Did I mention the 5-foot inflatable whale between my legs? The idea was to exit and ride the whale for as long as it would stay sane. Well, that idea literally blew out the door as we found ourselves upside down on exit. I hung onto the whale until 9K and we just went to sits. That dive is definitely in my top five most fun.

I also want to say thanks to Sitflyr (Julie aka Zofo Rodriguez) for doing my initiation later that evening. It really put a smile on my face.

Only 50 weeks to go until we all meet again.

Here are some pictures of the crew I found on the Rodriguez Brothers website.

1. Omri, Mark & Skydiverchick
2. Jceman's butt, Me in purple, Lynn in yellow, Skybytch next to her, then Brian Germain and Wildblue in his red FF suit & rig. This was before a hybrid we did.
3. The hybrid walking towards the loading area. Can you spot the Clay?

Kris
aka
Carné Sonicé Rodrigue
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

WFFC080602%20036.jpg

WFFC080702%20012.jpg

WFFC080702006.jpg

gee Kris,
sorry to hear you had such a bad time at the WFFC. hahahha(that was sarcasm)....(so was that)

sound like those lunatic who throw themselves outta planes are really fun to hung out with. I dont know how they do it!
My photos

My Videos

I also want to say thanks to Sitflyr (Julie aka Zofo Rodriguez) for doing my initiation later that evening. It really put a smile on my face.

My pleasure, bro! Thanks for serving me the tequila and lime so nicely.;) Welcome to the clan!B|

Zofo

Kris it was awesome meeting you too!!! Sorry i had to miss out on your 200th, i think i was sore from a bad landing or something.....;) Thanks for the lemon shake up, and i'll be expecting some twirly cookies next year. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Kris....what can I say brother...you are one cool dude...between you and jaimie I dont know if I can define any better way to say "Good People"...I can't wait to jump with you again....maybe by then I will have my head down locked down!!! and have a cypres so I dont have to kick my self off of MY own skydive!!!!!!!:P:P:P:P by the way thanks for jumping off and jumping with me...you showed how much of a cool cat you are brother...

cheers to you my friend....:ph34r::ph34r::D:D

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Jessica: I kept looking for the attack parrots but she obviously had them schooled in ninja-like avoidance techniques.

If they weren't sleeping off hangovers, they were glued to the party tent, showing gullible women the hawk part from Norman Kent's "Willing to Fly" and saying, "That's me!"
Skydiving is for cool people only

and grew into a fast falling mexican???

It can happen, freefall does strange things to the body....

hey the world doenst march to the beat of just one drum. what might be right for you may not be right for some. you take the good , you take the bad...you take them both and there you have...another sitcom!(hope you can name it)
My photos

My Videos

ROCK ON Brudda!!! Glad you had a good time Kris, sure wish we coulda been there to... woulda been nice to jump with the "Grand Master D" again. We sure miss you guys down in OK, hopefully we'll be able to make it back down there one of these days.

Blues!

Merrick

Hey Kris sweetie! Miss ya much! Glad you got to have some fun ... hopefully we'll be there next year, and actually get to make some jumps too (if "some people" will learn how to land as well as *I* do! :o:P)

Kris is def'ly good people :) Gotta love a guy who says, "Hey, you look great! You losing weight again?" every time he sees ya. You know it's bullshit, but what a smooth move! Haha!B|

sorry to hear you had such a bad time at the WFFC. hahahha(that was sarcasm)

Yuk it up, Joe. You'd better be at WFFC '03. That's all I have to say Amigo.:P It's been too long since we had a skydive together.

It was great meeting, jumping, and drinking with you Kris!!! Look forward to seeing you again next year. May God bless me with an Airstream trailer and air conditioning by then!!!

Clay, start small by hoping you still have a functioning liver when next we meet. I'm surprised your liver didn't commit suicide by throwing itself into a skillet with onions in a fit of pique.B| Glad to hear that you're recovering.

My pleasure, bro! Thanks for serving me the tequila and lime so nicely. Welcome to the clan!

:$ Thanks again, Julie. It was definitely one to remember.

Glad to see Hummpy the Whale got some air with you Kris!

Damn you, Erk! Now I'm stuck hunting the aisles of my local Wal-Mart to see what kind of mayhem I can bring for the AOT Casa boogie. Sure, first it's whales. Then come the rafts and before you know it, I'm raiding the roofs of car dealerships looking for a 30-foot snowman or gorilla.

Kris it was awesome meeting you too!!! Sorry i had to miss out on your 200th, i think i was sore from a bad landing or something..... Thanks for the lemon shake up, and i'll be expecting some twirly cookies next year.

Thanks, Cheryl! Hell, I may just plan a road trip to Ohio so I can bug you, Seth, Eric and Carrie for a weekend. I'll make sure to stock up on the cookies.

Kris....what can I say brother...you are one cool dude...between you and jaimie I dont know if I can define any better way to say "Good People"...I can't wait to jump with you again....maybe by then I will have my head down locked down!!! and have a cypres so I dont have to kick my self off of MY own skydive!!!!!!! by the way thanks for jumping off and jumping with me...you showed how much of a cool cat you are brother...

Marc, you're ruining my non-existant "loco-hombre" image. You don't have to thank me for the jump. I already got my big-way fix on the 15-way carpet and the other hybrids. I respect you for not giving into pressure and staying in your comfort zone. There have been a couple of absolute Zoo dives that I have been on where I spent several thousand feet wondering how I got into this mess of bodies and trying to claw a safe way out.

showing gullible women the hawk part from Norman Kent's "Willing to Fly" and saying, "That's me!

BWAHAHA! ROFLMAOPIMP! See, you do have them trained well.:P

I had a great time with you too bro!! Maybe by next year I will learn to fly head down without being all over the damned place...

Heh. I'm looking forwards to the next jumps too. Stay real, Rob.

Pammi & Merrick, I really missed you two during the convention and even lamented the fact that you weren't there to several people. I hope we get to meet in person soon. As a matter of fact, I'm trying to push a proposal through to my boss showing that we don't have near enough man-power in field engineers in NC and I really am trying to move to your neck of the woods to be near my brother and some cool DZ's. Keep praying! And Pammi, you were losing weight, it wasn't bullshit. Is Merrick out of the room? Good. I'm keeping the image of you in that pink fuzzy sweater as one of my "happy thoughts.";)

As for the Gary Coleman photo, I found another one that's actually of me but while the profile editor will let me browse the photo, there's no option to upload. Yes, the photo's the right size. You'll just have to wait.

Thanks again everyone! You're a great group of friends!

Kris
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™