Ricx

Whats your favorite ....

.....meal you order when eating out in a restaurant or pub?

I've been going out for lunch quite a bit lately and really need to start experimenting with the menu a bit more.

Typical lunches include, all links of soups ( I had cabbagea nd cheese the other day!! hmm! ) or pate, Haddock, Scampi, Gammon steaks, Burgers with blue Brea and my favourite Haggis(hmmm) and a beer!
Of course it varies with location but pub lunches can get a bit monotonous and predictable!

What to order?????

and my favourite Haggis(hmmm) and a beer!

For me, the haggis would only come after the beer. Probably several. ;)

There are some things I just can never have enough of when eating out:

Grilled Lemongrass Chicken (Vietnamese)
Veal Parmisean (Italian)
Lamb Vindaloo (Indian)

I love lots of other foods, but rarely order them out, because I can cook them better and more to my tastes when I am at home. Things that fall into this category are:

Steak
Burgers
Baked, broiled or grilled fish.

Rueben with sourkraut(sp?) juice driping out all over grilled rye........mmm mmm good...

My favorite for lunch has been a super steak burrito with guacamole, sour cream, rice, beans, salsa, cilantro, etc. from a small family owned place near work called La Azteca. Great Tacos too. Helps me keep a fast fallrate:P

You nailed it right there, although I eat my steaks medium

you call yourself a Texan....and then ya go and kill a piece of beef that way???..that is just wrong...sooo wrong...:P:P

You've got that one right, Marc!

Too bad he let this particular cat out of the bag too late, can he still get drummed out of the Corps for such abominations?;)

Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money.

Why do they call it "Tourist Season" if we can't shoot them?

I'm from South Texas. I can't eat beef or chicken that doesn't resemble a hockey puck. Anything less than charred is RAW dammit, RAW! There ain't no medium-rare... that's for .

Heheh most of the time I eat Mexican food though. I do love flautas, fajitas, barbacoa, tripas... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :P I cook pretty good fajitas, although I let someone else fix the tortillas.

¡quiero comida ahora! :P

thai..

Ooooohhhh!!
When I'm eating out Thai has to be one of best,
When I was over there a few years ago I eat better than anywhere else I've been. Great food!!!!

And indian curries are great also, but I've heard sooo many storries that I prefer to cook em myself!